new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Giew mine / Frank’s Shaft engine house | by Shot Yield Photography
Back to photostream

Giew mine / Frank’s Shaft engine house

Giew Mine worked from 1838 to 1922 and lies alongside the B3311 minor road linking Penzance and St. Ives.

The surviving engine house stands over the 225m deep Frank's shaft on the western flank of Trink Hill in Towednack Parish.

Its location makes it a landmark from miles around.

3,246 views
58 faves
7 comments
Taken on June 10, 2007