new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Eastbourne Road Box, Birkdale, 1967 | by Muskers Loop
Back to album

Eastbourne Road Box, Birkdale, 1967

The first box south of Birkdale, box opened 1928, Midland Railway type 4d box with a 15 lever LM&SR REC frame. The location was renamed Crescent Road LC when the box closed on 26th November 1967. Box replaced by automatic half barriers, but was still in use as a crossing monitoring post in September 1968 so the MOT must not have been happy with the auto crossing.

606 views
1 fave
0 comments
Taken on November 7, 2014