Hall Road Box & LC 1967
Box opened 1874, Saxby & Farmer type 8 box with a 19 lever Saxby & Farmer frame. In connection with the electrification of the Liverpool-Southport line, the box extended by 12ft in 1903 and a new 40 lever L&YR frame and gate wheel fitted. The level crossing gates were replaced by barriers on 27th March 1983. All levers disconnected except the barrier interlocking lever and the box temporarily closed on 11th March 1994. The box re-opened as a non-block post, with an IFS console, working under Merseyrail IECC, on 21st March 1994. The box closed 15th May 1994 and the layout was taken over by Merseyrail IECC.