PK664/V6-B - Spitfire F.22 - Royal Air Force - Binbrook - 13 February 74
Completed in late 1945 and placed into store at Nos 39 and 33 Maintenance Units at Colerne and Lyneham repectively. Issued to 615 Squadron in May 1949. Repaired following an accident at Sylt in Germany in August, it was returned to the squadron before being withdrawn from service in December 1950. Served as a gate guard at Waterbeach and West Raynham until arriving at Bibrook in 1962 with the move of the Central Flying Establishment from West Raynham. Used as an 'extra' in the 1968 film, "Battle of Britain", before returning to Binbrook. Placed in store at St Athan it was then placed on display in a de-constructed state at the Science Museum in London, it then achieved fame in 2014 when gifted by the RAF Museum to Kennett Aviation as payment for the proposed recovery and return of a P-40 from Egypt (which has yet to happen).