the wooly bear caterpillar crawled right up my leg
Folklore says :The amount of black in the fall varies proportionately with the severity of the
- The longer the black bands, the longer, colder, snowier and more severe the winter will be.
- And the position of the bands indicates which parts of winter will be the coldest.
- If the head is dark, the winter starts out severe
- If the tail is dark, the end will be cold
- Since the Woolly Bear has 13 body segments, folklorists believe that each segment
corresponds to one of the 13 weeks of winter. So reading each band could conceivably
forecast each week of the winter.