new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Dresden - Frauenkirche | by corno.fulgur75
Back to photostream

Dresden - Frauenkirche

Innere Altstadt | Neumarkt

The Church of Our Lady is a Baroque Lutheran church in Dresden.

Arch. George Bähr

1726-43.

The church was destroyed in the bombing of Dresden during World War II. The remaining ruins were left for 50 years as a war memorial, following decisions of local East German leaders.

The church was rebuilt after the reunification of Germany, starting in 1994. The reconstruction of its exterior was completed in 2004, and the interior in 2005.

273 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on August 21, 2015