new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Berlin - Kosmos | by corno.fulgur75
Back to photostream

Berlin - Kosmos

Friedrichshain | Karl-Marx-Allee

The cosmos was a large screen movie theatre at the Karl-Marx-Allee. It was the largest theater of the GDR. Until 1989 it was used as a premiere cinema. After German reunification, the theatre was gained by the UFA and was converted into a multiplex movie theatre in 1996. In 2005, the theater was shut down by the UFA. Since 2006, the house is used as an event center.

Arch. Josef Kaiser and Herbert Aust

1959-62.

634 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on August 10, 2012