BHP English Electric D1
8 of the 750 D class locomotives powered by an English Electric motor entered service for Australian Iron & Steel from 1950 onwards at Port Kembla.
Majority were withdrawn in the 1980s although D6 and D7 were reactivated in 2004 for a while.
Three survive in preservation, D1 pictured here at the NSW rail Museum at Thirlmere on 21-10-2018.
D6 preserved by Lithgow State Mine Heritage Park and Railway and
D7 by ARHS Canberra division