new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Old Lighthouse [base] Burnett Heads,Bundaberg | by Dreaming of the Sea
Back to photostream

Old Lighthouse [base] Burnett Heads,Bundaberg

The first lighthouse at South Head [Burnett River Bundaberg ]was constructed by the Queensland Government in 1873 and taken over by the Commonwealth in 1916.

It was a wooden structure with a kerosene light operated by a light keeper.The light was converted to acetylene gas operation in 1932.

A new light tower was built in 1971.

12 faves
Taken on December 6, 2018