LOVE inexpensive reusable shopping bags, don't love advertising the local establishment - in this case Walmart. So I covered it up, with fun fabric. Here's how ...
2 - 50¢ reusable shopping bags from Walmart
1 fat quarter
ruler, rotary cutter and matte - or scissors and ruler
blue bobbin thread - as close as you can come to matching the color of the bag - if you care, if you don't, any color will be fine.
coordinating or matching thread for the top.
* Iron out any wrinkles or creases in your fat quarter.
* Cut the fat quarter into four strips 4.5" x 22".
* Sew two strips together along the 4.5" edge, matching the design of the fabric as best you can to hide the seam. Finished strip should be 4.5 x 40ish
* Trim any excess so seam is 1/4".
* Iron down 1/4" - 3/8" of raw edge, on both of the long sides of your strip of fabric.
* Pin fabric strip over printed Walmart logo, starting and stopping, in the side gusset panel of the bag. Use a ruler to measure ~ 5" from the top of the bag to insure your fabric strip straight all the way around your bag. I found that the exact measurement varied from bag to bag, as the logo must have shifted a bit during the printing/sewing process.
* Trim fabric leaving 1/2" overlap, plus 1/2" to turn under. Pin in place.
* Sew fabric to bag, sewing, 1/8" from the edge. Sew down overlap flap.
* Reinforce pre-stitched side seams of bag and handles if desired.