Odeon North Watford. Seen here in shortly before demolition. This was a very fine Odeon designed by J Owen Bond and opened in 1937 which had an excellent interior with Mollo & Egan plasterwork reminiscent of the Odeon Yeovil in a strong angular "cut-away" art deco style. As the name implies it was not in the centre of Watford and consequently played a very suburban role, and was an early closure in 1959. Many years as a Waitrose supermarket followed, with much of the plasterwork intact, though hidden away, until demolition in 1989.
More history here:-
A scanned negative from around 1987.