0701 Sleaford Picturedrome (1)
The 1920 Sleaford Picturedome in 2007 as Flicks nightclub. The building had been sub-divided to facilitate snooker in the horizontally split stalls and circle with a small cinema in the former cafe. Opened in 1920 and designed by Robin Audrey Thomas, the Picturedrome featured a small stage, often used for drama, and seated 900 in stalls and balcony levels. Extended in 1934, and a second cinema added in former cafe 1980. However the main auditorium closed in 1984 and was converted to snooker, destroying much of the features, including the stage, in the process. The small cinema continued until 2000, by which time the main hall was in use as a nightclub. This too has now closed and the building is empty.
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, East Midlands - Picturedrome Cinema, Southgate
January 2007 (image reworked 2020)