91 Oldham Gaumont 21
Former Grand Theatre / Gaumont Cinema in Oldham. Opened in 1908 and designed by Thomas Taylor, it was converted into the Gaumont Cinema in 1937, rebuilding the interior and corner tower. It was opened by George Formby. It later became the Astoria Ballroom,where the Beatles played in February 1963, before becoming a nightclub. Permission to demolish was granted some time ago and the the planning time limit was extended in 2010, though it is believed to be still standing in July 2012.
Oldham Grand Theatre / Gaumont Cinema
A scanned negative from 1991.