Luther & Luther
Built 1870–1873, the Gothic Revival church was designed by architect Judson York, whose design was later modified by architects John C. Harkness and Henry S. Davis. Originally known as the Memorial Evangelical Lutheran Church of Washington, D.C., the church was renamed after a replica of Ernst Friedrich August Rietschel's Lutherdenkmal (Luther Monument) in Worms, Germany, was erected on the site in 1884.
Luther Place Memorial Church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on July 16, 1973. The church and statue are contributing properties to the Greater Fourteenth Street Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994