20, Blackheath Park
Model of 20 Blackheath Park, Greenwich.
Designed by Peter Moro (1911-98) for himself. An "upstairs bungalow", with garage and utility room below; the living area and study overlook the garden and are lower than the kitchen and dining area.
From the exhibition, Brutal and Beautiful: Saving the Twentieth Century - celebrating 25 years since the first post-war buildings were listed.
Planned in 1825 as the outer gateway to Constitution Hill, the Wellington Arch was intended to commemorate the defeat of Napoleon. The structure was designed by Decimus Burton (1800-81) and built between 1826-30, with a mounted statue of Wellington on top. Between 1882-3 the arch was moved a short distance to its current location, and the statue was relocated to Aldershot. In 1921, Peace descending on the Quadriga of War by Adrian Jones (1845–1938) - finally completing Burton's original intention.