new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
The Church of the assumption of St. Mary's Church in Wodzisław śląski - 03 | by Elisabeth Gaj
Back to group

The Church of the assumption of St. Mary's Church in Wodzisław śląski - 03

Church of the assumption of St. Mary's Church in wodzisław śląski was designed by architect Louis Scheidera of Wroclaw in the style of neogotyckim. Height inside the vaults in the central nave: 14 m and 11 m in the nawach side. The altar is made marbleof.

In the 1257 together with the site of the city, was designated as i parish church (farny) in wodzisław śląski, however, mention of the first year-yet come kosciele 1128, but this is not a date. Some researchers believe that parish church was built in the 1950s of the 13th century. In accordance with the principle it was built on one of the streets from the market, the highest point of the city. It was built in place of the present Church, the cemeteryotaczal it, and probably was in him the image of the town from the 17th. 1528 around the year he erected the first brick Church. Towerwas high, with a Baroque helmet in three open-top. As a result of the fire, the Church burnt down 1822 June 12 that year. It was thoroughly renovated and survived 1909 until May of the year. In the same year-making, to work on the building of the Church, which is to this day. The first work in the construction occurred 1909 on June 26 that year. Within a year was erected in the raw state. 1909 on August 15, there has been a ceremonial poświecenie and insertion of coal into a newly built church. In 1916 year was placed on four sides of the tower clock on the target. 1911 in November of the year took place in wodzisław solemn consecration built observation in the years 1909-1910 Temple. During World War II the tower was either bombed and destroyed. A tower reconstructed the 2002 only in the year.

 

1,179 views
7 faves
124 comments
Taken on July 13, 2011