"From Prairie View Prevention Services, Inc. in association with MAPP, the Meth Awareness and Prevention Project, a small instructional flyer on how to handle tweakers:
"If you notice that someone is tweaking, be careful how you handle the situation. Keep in mind these six safety tips for approaching a tweaker:
1. Keep your distance. Coming too close can be perceived as threatening.
2. No bright lights. The tweaker is paranoid and bright lights may cause them to react violently.
3. Slow your speech, lower your voice.
4. Slow your movements. The tweaker is paranoid and may misunderstand your movements.
5. Keep your hands visible, or they may feel threatened and become violent.
6. Keep the tweaker talking. A tweaker who falls silent can be extremely dangerous. Silence often means that his paranoid thoughts have taken over reality, and anyone present can become part of the tweaker's paranoid delusions."
"Meth is the shortest word in the English language one can lisp while drunk and underage at a gay bar".
"Their entire lives revolve around this. There's nothing but Gatorade in the refrigerator and candy all over the house. I saw a guy freak out, just yelling on his bed". - Graphic designer Chad Upham to D.C. MetroWeekly