Lincoln's West window's reflection lighting up a wall in the Cathedral.
The Building dates to the Norman period. After both a fire and earthquake destroyed the original buildings, work commenced on the current structure in 1192 by the newly appointed bishop of Lincoln, Hugh of Avalon who had arrived from the French Alps.
The Cathedral was completed 1311, by this time Hugh had already died so he never saw his building fully completed. The Cathedral's towers originally had lead spires on all 3, the Central at one point made the cathedral the tallest building in the world, the spire blew 1549 in a storm whereas the western spires were removed in the 19th century when they were found to be unsafe.