Round 1 of Priming Hideous Brown 1950 Kitchen Cabinets (AKA, Insanity)
Of all the home improvement projects I have tackled, this has been the most tedious and tiring. It took almost two hours to remove the hardware (note there wasn't much), but it was rusted...plus half the screws were in crooked by whoever installed these a zillion years ago, and then many of the screws were stripped. I have no upper body strength, so this was truly a labor of love. I got all this done today, plus the doors (8) and drawers (4).
I did two thin coats of Kilz today, and so far, I think it is going pretty well. I knew this would be a lot of hard work, but I now already know this will be harder than painting ugly wood brown paneling! I can barely type I am so tired, but progress has been made. If I can move tomorrow, I will do Round 2 of Kilz tomorrow afternoon. I hope to then move on to painting Behr Swiss Coffee and Benjamin Moore Bleeker Beige...will also need to do some touch up on the sheetrock above overhang (Behr Gobi Desert).
Please pardon the mess!