Peterchurch buildings, March 2015
On 8th March 2015 Julie and Les Dargue guided us on a gentle stroll around the centre of Peterchurch to look at the village at the turn of the twentieth century. Starting from the site of the station, the rectangular route took us past Hinton Court then along the lane to Fairfield School, back up the main road through the village to the Nag’s Head, up Long Lane to Hinton Cross and along the back lane to the starting point. We used the 1904 Ordnance Survey map of the village and several trade directories as our guide. The Flickr album shows some of the familiar buildings seen on the walk.
22 photos · 41 views