new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Armenia - Dusk at Lake Sevan - The largest lake in Armenia & one of the largest high-altitude lakes in the world | by © Lucie Debelkova / www.luciedebelkova.com
Back to group

Armenia - Dusk at Lake Sevan - The largest lake in Armenia & one of the largest high-altitude lakes in the world

Join me on Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | 500px | Instagram

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Lake Sevan - Սևանա լիճ - Sevana Lich is the largest lake in Armenia and one of the largest high-altitude lakes in the world. Lake Sevan is situated in the central part of the Republic of Armenia, inside the Gegharkunik Province, at the altitude of 1,900m above sea level. The total surface area of its basin is about 5,000 km2, the lake itself is 940 km2, and the volume is 34.0 bln cubic meters. It is fed by 28 rivers and streams. Only 10% of the outgoing water is drained by the Hrazdan (Razdan) river, while the remaining 90% evaporates. Along with Lake Van and Lake Urmia, Sevan was considered one of the three great lakes of the historical Armenian Kingdom, collectively referred to as the Seas of Armenia; it is the only one within the boundaries of today's Republic of Armenia. The Sevanavank peninsula (formerly an island) is the historic area of the lake at its northern shores.

 

Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark II; Lens: 17.00 - 40.00 mm; Focal length: 29.00 mm; Aperture: 22; Exposure time: 32.0 s; ISO: 100

 

All rights reserved - Copyright © Lucie Debelkova www.luciedebelkova.com

 

All images are exclusive property and may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, transmitted, manipulated or used in any way without expressed, written permission of the photographer.

12,091 views
167 faves
240 comments
Taken on May 4, 2011