alanranger on 500px
Alan Ranger is a passionate photographer and visual artist who has developed his own style over the years through a disciplined technical approach yet able to convey the ordinary into something extraordinary in his images.
Alan doesn’t try to imitate how the world looks, but instead the excitement of the world as we feel it. This abstraction is clear to see in his landscape images that have an emotional energy about them and show the world as he feels about it.
You can purchase copies of my photos in many different formats and also get more information about tuition or a portrait shoot on my website
Thanks for looking :)
Photos of alan ranger photography (1)
- Tree Photos 311,729 photos, 16,094 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 42,770 photos, 3,633 members
- Firework crew 34,971 photos, 5,493 members
- ETRS 16,364 photos, 1,678 members
- Bronica ETRSi (Worldwide) Landscape 887 photos, 351 members
- Black & White Bronica 6,009 photos, 538 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 92,469 photos, 15,485 members
- On Landscape 126,564 photos, 2,783 members
- the skies above 9,785 photos, 25,109 members
- Solar Eclipse ------ ASTROPHILE&METEOROLOGY 2,688 photos, 483 members
- Solar Eclipse - March 2015 1,799 photos, 750 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 1,202,942 photos, 74,724 members
- DAPA Group Meets 117 photos, 13 members
- Fireworks 99,175 photos, 24,177 members
- Amateur Photographer Magazine 959,594 photos, 16,020 members
- Windmills of the United Kingdom 9,820 photos, 1,289 members
- WarwickshireHER Flickr Project-Imaging our past and present 1,102 photos, 59 members
- Windmills 36,415 photos, 6,768 members
- Chesterton Windmill Photos 1,036 photos, 196 members
- The British Countryside 517,203 photos, 9,541 members
- Blackstone Poppy Fields (group closed) 293 photos, 57 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 288,510 photos, 7,836 members
- Coventry & Warwickshire Photography Group 434 photos, 30 members
- Coventry Artists 132 photos, 24 members
- Batsford Arboretum 679 photos, 77 members
- Warwickshire 37,756 photos, 864 members
- Kenilworth 1,226 photos, 157 members
- alan ranger photography 292 photos, 27 members
- BPE/FIAP Competition Group 64 photos, 90 members
- DAPA Group - Picture of the Year 2012 102 photos, 20 members
- Leamington Spa and Warwick 2,675 photos, 222 members
- Royal Leamington Spa 2,810 photos, 336 members
- Coventry Photo Arts 2,360 photos, 175 members
- Flickr Hacks 415 photos, 21,973 members
- Dapa Group - Picture of the Year 2010 116 photos, 23 members
- Worcestershire Wildlife Trust 20,688 photos, 372 members
- RPS support and discussion 620 photos, 260 members
- Sony DSLR / SLT (alpha mount ) 598,228 photos, 9,966 members
- DAPA GROUP 4,728 photos, 56 members
- Minimalism 265,730 photos, 24,895 members
- Learning to See - Assignments CLOSED! 0 photos, 1 member
- Coventry Welcome to CV1 4,050 photos, 92 members
- Sony Alpha Mount Lenses - Official Tag Required 112,435 photos, 2,308 members
- Sony & Minolta G series lens 6,537 photos, 179 members
- Welcome Coventry to CV4 313 photos, 40 members
- Zooming-In Critique 1 photo, 18 members
- **HARMONY**GALLERY(ADMIN INVITE ONLY) - P1 & C3 5,122 photos, 1,242 members
- **HARMONY**(Post 1-Award 3) 396,959 photos, 12,909 members
- Coventry and Warwickshire Flickrmeets 325 photos, 53 members
- Coventry (UK) 920 photos, 485 members
Massimo Frasson says:
June 13th, 2017
"The first time I saw Alan’s work, I was blown away. I seem to remember thinking “If I can one day produce work of this standard, I will be very happy indeed!” Since then, he has taught me most of what I know now and I feel as though my work has very much improved with his invaluable knowledge and guidance. Having had one-on-one tuition with him, I can personally vouch for all of the above, and also his patience, understanding and encouragement. As others have said, be prepared to be pushed beyond your comfort zone. In my opinion, this is one of the most important things for a developing photographer; it allows us to grow and become more versatile. Ask him one hundred questions and he will be more than willing to patiently answer each and every one to the best of his ability. Even about equipment, he really knows his stuff. He has helped me choose all of my lenses, filters etc, and I owe him a debt of gratitude for that (and probably a lot of money!). Constructive criticism is also another of Alan’s strong points. It is this that has been (and still is) an essential part of my development as a photographer. Being open to honest opinions and new ideas has really helped to take my work to another level.
Alan has been an inspiration to me from the start and will remain so for a very long time to come. Just take a look at his photostream; it speaks for itself about his ability. Thanks again, Alan, for all of your time, help and patience. It is very much appreciated :)"
February 7th, 2010
"Alan is a gem of a photographer. He is not only a teacher but a trainer in the fine art of taking a shot and making the most of it!!! many people can talk big words and tell you all of the things that you should be doing ... but Alan actually follows by example. I have had so called training from other people but always faired better by doing it on my own because when i would ask my "teacher" to show me what they wanted me to do they could not follow thier own advise. Alan not only told me how to accomplish taking a shot he then proceeded to SHOW ME how he did it ... this meant the world to me and because of it my own work has moved forward to another level. It has not been easy and at times very challenging ... but the proof is in the shots that can bee seen .... do not just take my word for it look at his photostream and you will see examples of just about every type of photography ... from macro to landscape to HDR and black and white .... I am no longer fearful about showing my own work now as well .. still not up to the level i want to be but with the constant guidence it just gets better ... be prepared to be pushed beyond your comfort zone if you work with him. they say that you play to the level of your competition. surround yourself with photographers that are better then you and watch yourself grow. But be open to honest constructive Suggestions. I can say now that i actually pay attention to my histogram now ... and concentrate on perfecting the shot out in the field so there is less to edit when i get back home .... thank you Alan with all sincerity for your help as i continue to become the photographer that i have always dreamed of being ... tony "rakkasan69""
December 9th, 2009
feigned pie says:
is one of my best freind and flickr contact , am so glad that we become frnd :D '
He is the best n from my fav photographer , he is great in macro , i really love hes macro and all hes photostream , it's marvellous ♥ ,,if i had to grade this profile i would totaly give it a 10/10 ,,i wish for u all the best in your life and good luck , keep up the GREAT work ;).
August 28th, 2009
defeated writer says:
"Alan has no want for admirers of his work. His accolades are well - deserved, and humbly accepted. Being a fantastic photographer, he uses his intellect, body, and soul to capture moments and scenes which evoke wonderful feeling and simplistic beauty.
A teacher at heart, Alan uses his words to prompt one to think about the reasoning behind the image, the mood of the photographer, and the purpose for which one creates. Just peeking through Alan's photography is enough to inspire even a budding artist. I will always be proud to call him my friend and my toughest critic.
Thank you, Alan, for all you bring to flickr, and all you are to me.
August 6th, 2009
"Pure poetry in photography, algenon5 is able to get your attention not only through his photography but also his titles. his pictures are like love at first sight, a feast for your eyes, which seduces you with their beautiful insight.
algenon5 is an inspiration to me and I thank him for nurturing and guiding me in this amazing world of photography. I aspire to be a credit to his wise words and let my work come from my body and soul. Constructive, patient and thoughtful is how I would sum up his help and I can't thank him enough for his time"
May 23rd, 2009
- October 2007
- Coventry, UK
- I am:
- Male and Single
- alan ranger photography
- algenon [at] hotmail.com