"The most mysterious thing
is a fact clearly stated."
Paul.Zollo is a songwriter, author, photographer, musician, journalist,
historian, editor and chief photographer of
bluerailroad (see www.myspace.com/bluerailroad)
senior editor of 'American Songwriter' magazine, and close personal friend of Gummo Marx.
He lives on the western coast of
America, was born in the previous
century in Illinois, writes songs
and performs music
with his band, is a father, has written
and loves the love we love to love.
Photos of Paul Zollo (8)
- Día de los Muertos 12,440 photos, 1,949 members
- COLOUR STREET PORTRAITS 99,578 photos, 2,826 members
- InvisiblePeople.tv 1,914 photos, 116 members
- Portraits & Context (Stories Behind the Photos) 3,927 photos, 336 members
- Black & White Faces 15,327 photos, 788 members
- Cat Portraits 158,765 photos, 18,516 members
- Cats Cats Cats 451,462 photos, 28,653 members
- Adobe PhotoShop Creations 258,819 photos, 17,320 members
- B+W & Sepia Pleasure! 55,863 photos, 2,594 members
- (st)ARTCAFE - 2O13 52,034 photos, 4,935 members
- OUR ELDERLY 12,895 photos, 1,769 members
- Time Out Chicago Photo Group 73,169 photos, 1,434 members
- Masterpieces of Portrait Art 4,258 photos, 2,117 members
- Photography is not a crime 2,172 photos, 2,564 members
- FirstQuality ADMIN INVITE P1/C1 NEW CONTESTS 33,280 photos, 3,068 members
- Life is beautiful! 143,472 photos, 4,284 members
- McCARTNEY 1,167 photos, 171 members
- Photos of the Beatles 4,231 photos, 1,600 members
- Spammerrific, shameless tag abusers 5 photos, 5 members
- Just Street Photography 2,184,506 photos, 70,833 members
- Da Photoshop Collages 13,382 photos, 1,270 members
- Striking Beauty 10,169 photos, 2,509 members
- Dramatic Portraits - Post 1 Award 2 177,392 photos, 13,468 members
- Poetry through images. 2,350 photos, 355 members
- Ethereal World 48,581 photos, 3,041 members
- Fascinating Faces (Vertical Format) 1,546 photos, 338 members
- Wisdom Cries Out in The Streets. 66,893 photos, 1,727 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 282,566 photos, 10,520 members
- Animal Land 741 photos, 55 members
- Celebrating Humanity 14,261 photos, 835 members
- B&W Gallery 317,431 photos, 6,553 members
- Photo Land 239 photos, 30 members
- My So-Called Life (please remember your pics need text ) 7,882 photos, 518 members
- I Love Black and White! 1,925,561 photos, 65,346 members
- NPRO - National Photographers' Rights Organization 632 photos, 394 members
- Apples: An Expedition Into The Heart of Humanity 1,730 photos, 113 members
- Feast of Fun: Fantastic, Fabulous or Freaky Folks & More 8,003 photos, 1,119 members
- William Klein School 2,369 photos, 342 members
- Nintendo Characters 335 photos, 39 members
- FEMALE PORTRAIT 187,263 photos, 9,235 members
- SUPER Saturated 15,293 photos, 1,059 members
- N.E.E.T. Magazine 126,955 photos, 6,360 members
- You Think this is Art 1,855,159 photos, 71,151 members
- Rebel XT Without a Cause 29,685 photos, 921 members
- Why I live in California 35 photos, 15 members
- Faces of Maturity 20,036 photos, 1,637 members
- Cubism Award: Great Artistic Photographer - INVITED Post1 Award3 37,074 photos, 6,721 members
- Photomontage 41,653 photos, 3,007 members
- All Collages 160,987 photos, 9,222 members
- Neon Signs 112,845 photos, 8,635 members
"your photos are very beautiful..i think they make us all see the extraordinary inside the ordinary...
they make us all more humble and more thankful for our blessings"
November 24th, 2008
Deirdre Rusk says:
"I can sit here just browsing through Zollo's photos for ages, and be completely content and inspired!"
October 22nd, 2008
"Thanks for yor photos Paul!
You're a great photojournalist with a great inspirational work.
regards from Ecuador, Southamerica."
August 13th, 2008
"paul has a warm open way wuth people. his photos are a window in to there souls. his writeups are a clear insite into his contect with real people. keep up your good work all the best bob"
June 5th, 2008
"P.S.Zollo's photostream is probably overlooked by many people who are looking for everything that is beautiful. This photostream is mesmerizing insofar as it's not afraid to show that, a single block away from the glitz, glamour and limosines live the forgotten people. These are the folks who were dealt a wandering eye or a not-so-pretty face. Yet here they are, sometimes broken down to absolutely nothing. This is so much more honest than all the papparazzi's photos combined."
May 10th, 2008
"Thanks for your contribution to wikipedia!"
November 25th, 2007
Kalliope Amorphous says:
"P.S. Zollo's photos encapsulate the tender and often fragile nature of the human heart. He is able to capture the finest details of emotion, and through beautiful composition, magnify those details in a way that brings about pure, raw emotion and identification with the subject.
He is a photographic alchemist, mixing heart, soul and whimsy into the perfect combination for expanding consciousness and compassion. For me, when his photos trigger joy and smiles, it is always from the deepest, most primal archives of my being. The same when they trigger empathy or love. That is what great art should do, and P.S. Zollo is one of my favorite artists on Flickr because he does this in a way that few others can."
September 13th, 2007
"One of the most incredible collection of portraits I've ever seen is here."
September 10th, 2007
"Now he took some good ones that among which I had to mark as a fav.That makes my wish to keep it up . I wonder what attracted him to my photo's ."
July 25th, 2007
"Paul Zollo took one of my favorite pictures of me in February 2006. Since then, I have displayed it as my main photo on my MySpace page. I also feature Paul's Song, "Human Sunlight" there. Paul is a vast artist, creating life and love whereever he goes. I am truly blessed to know this man.
July 6th, 2007
"Watching Zollo's photostream is like watching a Fellini film about the people that he encounters each day. Some are beautiful, some are terrifying but somehow he lets their humanity and their sadness shine though."
June 29th, 2007
"P.S. Zollo is just an awesome dood, plain and simple ! I think he perfectly captures the seen and unseen people of California, "in the moment". Looking through his photographs is identical to walking down Sunset, downtown Los Angeles, or taking a trip to Venice Beach. Keep up the great work :)"
June 26th, 2007
"I've been watching your portraits and they are great. Yours is one of my favourite flickers.
Now, in my mother tongue, catalonian:
He estat mirat els teus retrats i són fantàstics. El teu és un dels meus flickrs favorits.
March 30th, 2007
- Nahum - says:
"Very good Stories
Muy buenas todas las historias de lo cotidiano de muchas ciudades me gustan mucho sus retratos"
March 12th, 2007
Innamorata Crush says:
"Paul amazes me. His beautiful, respectful portraits tell me stories from a glittery place. Paul's remarkable ability to make me feel a wide range of emotions is cherished by me, he is a beautiful man, an inspiration, totally rocking cool, and when he shows up on my stream his comments can make me swoon from their intelligence and passion. a fellow old world lover, and a giver of magic, Paul's stream is a wonderful experience.
February 6th, 2007
"Paul Zollo is a multi-faceted multi-talented human art machine. His ability as a musician, a singer/songwriter, photographer, humanitarian, storyteller, and part-time historian are positively amazing. Paul has a unique symbiosis with everyone he encounters, putting them at ease immediately and allowing them to tell their stories to him. Whether it is a vagrant on the street, or a celebrated actor out for a night on the town, Paul's genuine interest in others gets them to speak generously. I've come to know Paul electronically over several months, and I am always in awe of his sheer generosity of human spirit. His love of life, of music and all things artistic, and of the celebrated beamish boy Jonah Sparks are evident to anyone who takes 5 minutes to get to know Paul. Of course, if you DO take the 5 minutes, you'll find you've stayed a lot longer - Paul is intriguing, mesmerizing, and a human representation of Californian Americana. His photography alone will keep your interest piqued for hours. So grab a cup of your favorite beverage, pull a comfy chair up to your computer, and busy out your phone - you'll be here a lot longer than you think.
I am truly honored that I can count myself among Paul's friends - he is just a fabulous person, one of few that I would love sit and talk with over a long weekend. Thanks Paul - for all the stories you tell, both with words and with your photos. Through you I have met people I could never have met otherwise. And of course, thanks for all of your support. You've helped me more than you could possibly know, and I will always remember that.
In keeping with my tradition of including a small poem with my testimonials I offer up the following with sincerity:
Of all the Flickr friends I follow,
The most intriguing is P.S. Zollo.
His talents are many, and it just may seem
That you have lost days when viewing his stream.
His photos are equaled only by his writing,
His subjects are ones that are always delighting.
The characters, the stories all colored by Paul
As he gives to us his unique view of it all.
He has style, curiosity, and compassion.
He finds beauty in everything under the sun.
His interestingness is seemingly without end,
And I am most grateful to call him my friend.
December 14th, 2006
"When I am ready to start Portraiture I am going to study this man's work profusely..."
November 26th, 2006
"I accidentally came across this photostream and became hypnotized immediately by the wide variety of facial expressions captured. I could easily say he is an artist, a true star, but the Gummo Marx connection cannot be beat."
August 17th, 2006
Sérgio Savaman Savarese says:
"The works of Paul are an inspiration for any photographer and I am very inspired by its talent .
June 11th, 2006
"There aren't many who capture the life on the streets like P.S.Zollo. The down and outs. The rich and privilaged. The vaudeville and burlesque.
"Look at us
Do you see us in a burlesque show
Look at us are we in vaudeville
We've tasted every thrill
Every powder every pill
And we're still here""
June 10th, 2006
Archer's Eye says:
"P.S. Zollo's portraits are wonderful. Even with the photographers objectivity, I am able to feel his kindness towards his fellow man through the reflection I see in his subjects' eyes. Zollo's portraits are accompanied by wonderful stories that often reveal the beauty and fragility of the human condition, and more often than not the miracle that it is to be awake and in the moment. P.S. Zollo's photographs celebrate life!"
May 30th, 2006
Syd's Photography says:
"I admire Paul for all his talents, but most of all for being such a friend to all. He really is quite an exceptional dude. I feel immensly fortunate to have come accross him and his work."
May 22nd, 2006
"Paul's photos...I agree with what fotoFANATIK says in large part...I have worked in contact with many many homeless folks in an urban setting and I appreciate Paul's work for the positive awareness of individuality it may bring to those that live on the streets. One thing I learned was never to assume anything about anyone and never lump together the problems of one person with another. I only hope for a larger avenue for exposure for Paul's work and wonder if you, Paul have placed this work in a gallery...or the lobby of City Hall..."
May 22nd, 2006
"i do not know this man, paul zollo, but one day i received an email telling me that i was now on his flickr contact list.
i still do not know the person on flickr known as p.s.zollo, but i am reading/viewing the story this person is writing/capturing. it is a wonderful story including people whose lives intersect with his own. many stories forming one story. painting one picture.
that story, i think, is an aspect of p.s.zollo. what he takes time to see around him. beautiful faces of wonderfully different colors and textures. personally i view this story in a very linear fashion, as i do aspects of my own life. each moment, each story is unique. when i view an image and read something about the person or persons in that image i stop, look, read, look, and contemplate.
all because i received this email.
now my own life has been altered.
a new aspect of my own life."
April 28th, 2006
"Paul Zollo is not only an accomplished artist, but he is a true and deeply compassionate human being as well. It is an honor to have his friendship, here on flickr, as well, as in the "real world.""
April 23rd, 2006
"If P.S. Zollo has a motto, it's "Everyone is Beautiful". One look at his series of faces and I was hooked."
April 4th, 2006
"I find myslef logging on to flickr multiple times a day just to see what new faces from the west coast P.S Zollo has documented. The stories perfectly reflect the love and compassion in each and every shot. :o)"
April 2nd, 2006
"Paul has this nack for taking portraits but making each one different. And he always go for the most amazing faces...totally original...always worth stopping by at his site."
March 30th, 2006
"She was in a wheelchair, being pushed by a nurse, in a cash checking place in North Hollywood. She had no legs. I asked her nurse if I could take Leah's photo, and she said, 'Ask her,' which I did, and Leah didn't say a word, but smiled this shining, beatific smile. Her nurse told me her name is Leah."
March 29th, 2006
- Paul Zollo
- March 2006
- Hollywoodland, America
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Bluerailroad, a magazine of the arts