I make pictures. Lots of them.
I work in a film camera shop.. An awesome one.
What you see is not what you get. There is much more of me out there.
Also if you would really like, please peruse my books. Perhaps even buy one. I promise that the proceeds will go toward the making of more photography.
Eiffel 7x7 by Zeb Andrew
Bridgetown by Zeb Andrews
at petal's edge: the secret lives of flowers by Zeb Andrews
Sand by Zeb Andrews
The St. Johns Bridge by Zeb Andrews
- Night Lights 1,079,434 photos, 88,805 members
- The Film Shooters Collective 3,656 photos, 51 members
- Zion National Park Photos 7,449 photos, 1,227 members
- Southern Utah 16,566 photos, 773 members
- Zion National Park 15,244 photos, 1,948 members
- film will never die 198,436 photos, 3,361 members
- Film Without Training Wheels 36,829 photos, 952 members
- Skylines, Cityscapes, Skyscrapers & Large Bridges 21,957 photos, 2,544 members
- The Bridge 19,797 photos, 1,513 members
- San Francisco POI 33,096 photos, 1,721 members
- Bridges at Night 27,722 photos, 5,219 members
- The Best of San Francisco 28,102 photos, 2,080 members
- San Francisco Bay Bridges 17,563 photos, 2,407 members
- The Golden Gate Bridge 20,036 photos, 3,651 members
- Golden Gate Views 10,622 photos, 1,871 members
- World of B&W + Sepia & other monochrome 890,933 photos, 26,038 members
- CineStillFilm 10,155 photos, 3,021 members
- tamer animals 18,904 photos, 511 members
- Portland Flickr Junkies 32,849 photos, 797 members
- Great American Landscapes 12,693 photos, 1,032 members
- I Leica You Like You Leica Me 35,711 photos, 1,380 members
- Flair and Square 27,172 photos, 912 members
- Noctilucence 2,504 photos, 283 members
- Urbane Fragmentation 11,377 photos, 689 members
- Less is More: The Best 6,479 photos, 3,142 members
- 6x7 -COLOR- 61,423 photos, 3,187 members
- CHEMICAL PROCESS [a group about film] 12,765 photos, 906 members
- Widelust 2,163 photos, 94 members
- MILF (Man, I Love Film) 100,427 photos, 1,851 members
- New York City Emulsions 18,505 photos, 609 members
- New York Photography 486,746 photos, 23,407 members
- New York City Street Photography 145,533 photos, 6,397 members
- Banff National Park No 30/60 limit 14,892 photos, 1,941 members
- Canada Landscapes 145,804 photos, 5,166 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 523,194 photos, 11,010 members
- The Landscape and Fine Art Photography Group 6,382 photos, 190 members
- Istanbul 107,946 photos, 6,758 members
- Analog Soul 284,529 photos, 6,299 members
- ! Analogue...Dare to post? 30,141 photos, 1,026 members
- RealitySoSubtle cameras 1,949 photos, 295 members
- Without a Lens 19,974 photos, 834 members
- Film is God Official Flickr Group. 185,306 photos, 3,517 members
- Film is Awesome! 994,776 photos, 20,628 members
- France image 681,366 photos, 16,736 members
- France 646,083 photos, 12,371 members
- Mont Saint Michel 8,260 photos, 1,435 members
- CHRISTMAS*A Magical time of the year* 34,248 photos, 4,471 members
- Bokeh Photography (1/day) 449,299 photos, 31,526 members
- Fremont Bridge, Portland 314 photos, 39 members
- Hasselblad Users Group 154,645 photos, 6,132 members
Ed from Ohio says:
"Zeb's work is one of the top three reasons I don't delete my flickr account. He's that good."
September 12th, 2017
"Zeb is king ______ of ______ Mountain....and a master yogurt thief to boot. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have apply my lip balm or feed me Tums."
January 16th, 2012
Tanner Volz says:
"Zeb is ridiculously gifted and a seriously nice dude to boot."
March 29th, 2011
"Zeb is the kind of photographer who inspires me and others to try new things. His photos are not only stunning in their own way, but creative and inspiring. His captions are always full of helpful tips, wise lessons to be learned and fun little stories. Zeb is quite the guy and every time I have the pleasure to go out shooting with him, I learn something new and exciting. He has wonderful insights and is enjoyable company to be around. I was so excited when I learned how to set my timer for long exposure star trails… I’m really looking forward to summer and trying it out again.
Zeb has this way of seeing the world from different angles and in different ways. He is a master of the art and I look forward to more photograph postings, classes and lessons in the future. Thank you Zeb for being a real inspiration and a great guy!"
January 13th, 2011
sharp ship says:
July 11th, 2010
chaybert (Brian Rueb) says:
"Zeb is one of my favorite photographers, not just on flickr. The fact he's constantly with a camera has developed his sense of seeing to another level. I can always rely on his photography to educate me on different film types, as well as the philosophy of photography...and when you can be educated, enlightend, and left going "wow, I never thought about that before..."...well, that's something worth checking
into often. And Zeb is a heck of a nice guy to boot.
I look forward to Zeb's photos, philosophy, and hopefully going out photographing some day."
July 14th, 2008
gigantic rock says:
"Every time I think I've seen the best Zeb's ever made, he uploads something even better. Every upload makes my jaw drop all over again..."
May 8th, 2008
"People like Zeb are what make flickr such a great resource. Here you have access to a true artist, one who combines technical proficiency with an amazing eye for beauty. What's even greater is that he is very generous and always a teacher, lending helpful advice to strangers. Thanks Zeb and keep up the good work."
March 25th, 2008
"Many people understand their camera well enough to make good photos. Zeb seems to have cameras understand HIM. Each camera he uses finds a way to express Zeb's own photographic vision. His photostream is filled with beautiful landscapes and the occasional compelling portrait."
December 15th, 2007
"I feel zeb is a friend even though I don’t really know him. He has a warmth and honesty that I like and I truly feel that I have lots in common with him even though he is on the other side of the world... ho his images are imaginative, creative and a true inspiration. He is one of those shining lights in life...a good guy!"
November 25th, 2007
inger klekacz says:
"Zeb and i were destined to be friends. which is lucky for me, because if it weren't for my friendship with him, i'd be a helluva lot dumber when it comes to technique.
the man is a paragon of persistence and photographic flexibility. whenever i'm out of my comfort zone or bored with the way i'm shooting, i try to channel just a little Zeb. and voila. something new. and usually better than what i was doing before."
October 19th, 2007
acidic plant says:
"I find myself continually coming back to view your work. You have a distinct aesthetic that many photographers never find. Your images are not only beautiful but connect with the viewer on an emotional level which is key for a successful photograph. Much of your work also reminds the many that it is not about fancy cameras and expensive glass, but about creative vision and the artists eye. Love your work!"
July 27th, 2007
"Zeb is a real inspiration to me. He creates atmospheric eye candy for the soul, he captures the beauty of the Pacific Northwest so well. I look forward to every image he posts, keep up the great work!"
June 18th, 2007
"I love Zeb's photos. They're so completely unique, but tied together by that uniqueness to make a definite, inscrutable style that is simply fabulous. I fell in love with his photostream through a couple of his Ranier pictures, then found so many other sights to see that I lost sense of time. He goes to many of my favorite places, yet sees them in ways I've never thought of.
He is also a huge inspiration to Portland's photographers, and a great guy who can be showered with questions and won't complain (sorry, Zeb).
Thanks for sharing your photos, Zeb. I can't wait to see hundreds more as time goes forward."
February 25th, 2007
" If it wasn't for Zeb I don't know if I would have ever found my passion for photography. I grew up around photography, but never took it up. Until I walked into Blue Moon. Jake, Josie, and Zeb all jumped to know my name, and help me out with my endless questions. To this day Zeb's photos and outlook on his art is a great influence on me. Zeb has given me allot of confidence to pursue my photography. I could not thank him enough."
January 25th, 2007
[ CK ] says:
"Zeb sees and captures things most people walk by unoticed. I am a true fan of his pinhole work and It is my pleasure to see the world through his creative vision..."
January 23rd, 2007
"Great photos to see here!"
November 29th, 2006
"It's like this: some people just take pictures to record a scene as it is. Some people take them to reveal to others that moment in its fullest. And then there are those that show us a moment or a scene that was there all along, but that was not visible except through the working of our imaginations. This is what Zeb does. It's like he's writing books, entire short stories and novels about these gorgeous places and moments that we wouldn't otherwise have known were there, except through his vision and photos. In short, Zeb's photography is eye-opening, exciting and incredibly inspiring. And, personally, I thank him greatly for it."
September 24th, 2006
"I noticed Zeb's stream almost immediately after he became a member. I can remember thinking, 'wow, this is something different and unique!' Ever since I've been admiring his wonderful pinhole and inverted lens creations. In addition to being a very gifted and technically accomplished photographer, his commentary is always enlightening, whether it be on his or your stream.
Thanks Z for all the inspiration and knowledge you have shared. You are a great asset to Flickr and It is a pleasure to know you!"
August 21st, 2006
"A highly precisive camera eye. Z.s picture 'The Tower" is a classic. Willing to spend time thinking about a shot. Understands motion across the plate. Produces great images."
July 13th, 2006
- Zeb Andrews
- November 2005
- Portland, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Zeb Andrews Photography