I make pictures. Lots of them.
I work in a film camera shop.. An awesome one.
What you see is not what you get. There is much more of me out there.
Also if you would really like, please peruse my books. Perhaps even buy one. I promise that the proceeds will go toward the making of more photography.
Eiffel 7x7 by Zeb Andrew
Bridgetown by Zeb Andrews
at petal's edge: the secret lives of flowers by Zeb Andrews
Sand by Zeb Andrews
The St. Johns Bridge by Zeb Andrews
- tamer animals (magazine) 16,324 photos, 502 members
- Portland Flickr Junkies 29,944 photos, 751 members
- Great American Landscapes 10,088 photos, 862 members
- I Leica You Like You Leica Me 34,760 photos, 1,324 members
- Flair and Square 26,004 photos, 880 members
- Noctilucence 2,051 photos, 231 members
- Urbane Fragmentation 10,261 photos, 618 members
- Less is More: The Best 6,753 photos, 3,040 members
- 6x7 -COLOR- 56,005 photos, 2,880 members
- CHEMICAL PROCESS [a group about film] 8,907 photos, 638 members
- Widelust 1,344 photos, 74 members
- MILF (Man, I Love Film) 84,818 photos, 1,752 members
- New York City Emulsions 17,345 photos, 601 members
- New York Photography 450,219 photos, 22,508 members
- New York City Street Photography 126,010 photos, 6,132 members
- Banff National Park 13,350 photos, 1,768 members
- Canada Landscapes 121,986 photos, 4,559 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 444,363 photos, 10,418 members
- The Landscape and Fine Art Photography Group 3,966 photos, 161 members
- Istanbul 97,520 photos, 6,516 members
- Analog Soul 226,722 photos, 5,179 members
- ! Analogue...Dare to post? 17,495 photos, 752 members
- Breathtaking World Photography 140 photos, 42 members
- RealitySoSubtle cameras 959 photos, 177 members
- Without a Lens 16,456 photos, 705 members
- Film is God Official Flickr Group. 145,958 photos, 3,150 members
- Film is Awesome! 875,215 photos, 18,259 members
- France image 584,098 photos, 15,854 members
- France 522,027 photos, 11,116 members
- Mont Saint Michel 7,740 photos, 1,332 members
- CHRISTMAS*A Magical time of the year* 30,488 photos, 4,305 members
- Bokeh Photography (1/day) 368,312 photos, 26,858 members
- Fremont Bridge, Portland 290 photos, 34 members
- Hasselblad Users Group 144,267 photos, 5,795 members
- *FILM* Club 432,208 photos, 5,907 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 83,724 photos, 8,838 members
- PDX Bridge Festival 677 photos, 26 members
- Broadway Bridge • Portland Oregon 350 photos, 46 members
- Tilikum Crossing, Bridge of the People 1,238 photos, 100 members
- Cherry blossoms 桜 56,975 photos, 5,677 members
- pinhole trees 3,670 photos, 364 members
- Flickr Friday 26,998 photos, 35,277 members
- Analog Bokeh 49,949 photos, 2,101 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 79,335 photos, 7,653 members
- Pentacon Six 34,272 photos, 3,222 members
- Analog Photography 2,180,420 photos, 48,886 members
- Wedding Photography 255,157 photos, 51,921 members
- Portland's Bancorp Tower 263 photos, 24 members
- Ladder to the Stars 18,774 photos, 2,297 members
- the resurrection of film: film is back 78,803 photos, 2,277 members
"Zeb is king ______ of ______ Mountain....and a master yogurt thief to boot. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have apply my lip balm or feed me Tums."
January 16th, 2012
Tanner Volz says:
"Zeb is ridiculously gifted and a seriously nice dude to boot."
March 29th, 2011
"Zeb is the kind of photographer who inspires me and others to try new things. His photos are not only stunning in their own way, but creative and inspiring. His captions are always full of helpful tips, wise lessons to be learned and fun little stories. Zeb is quite the guy and every time I have the pleasure to go out shooting with him, I learn something new and exciting. He has wonderful insights and is enjoyable company to be around. I was so excited when I learned how to set my timer for long exposure star trails… I’m really looking forward to summer and trying it out again.
Zeb has this way of seeing the world from different angles and in different ways. He is a master of the art and I look forward to more photograph postings, classes and lessons in the future. Thank you Zeb for being a real inspiration and a great guy!"
January 13th, 2011
Blue Mitchell says:
July 11th, 2010
chaybert (Brian Rueb) says:
"Zeb is one of my favorite photographers, not just on flickr. The fact he's constantly with a camera has developed his sense of seeing to another level. I can always rely on his photography to educate me on different film types, as well as the philosophy of photography...and when you can be educated, enlightend, and left going "wow, I never thought about that before..."...well, that's something worth checking
into often. And Zeb is a heck of a nice guy to boot.
I look forward to Zeb's photos, philosophy, and hopefully going out photographing some day."
July 14th, 2008
time for a new beginning says:
"Every time I think I've seen the best Zeb's ever made, he uploads something even better. Every upload makes my jaw drop all over again..."
May 8th, 2008
"People like Zeb are what make flickr such a great resource. Here you have access to a true artist, one who combines technical proficiency with an amazing eye for beauty. What's even greater is that he is very generous and always a teacher, lending helpful advice to strangers. Thanks Zeb and keep up the good work."
March 25th, 2008
"Many people understand their camera well enough to make good photos. Zeb seems to have cameras understand HIM. Each camera he uses finds a way to express Zeb's own photographic vision. His photostream is filled with beautiful landscapes and the occasional compelling portrait."
December 15th, 2007
"I feel zeb is a friend even though I don’t really know him. He has a warmth and honesty that I like and I truly feel that I have lots in common with him even though he is on the other side of the world... ho his images are imaginative, creative and a true inspiration. He is one of those shining lights in life...a good guy!"
November 25th, 2007
inger klekacz says:
"Zeb and i were destined to be friends. which is lucky for me, because if it weren't for my friendship with him, i'd be a helluva lot dumber when it comes to technique.
the man is a paragon of persistence and photographic flexibility. whenever i'm out of my comfort zone or bored with the way i'm shooting, i try to channel just a little Zeb. and voila. something new. and usually better than what i was doing before."
October 19th, 2007
Scott Reither says:
"I find myself continually coming back to view your work. You have a distinct aesthetic that many photographers never find. Your images are not only beautiful but connect with the viewer on an emotional level which is key for a successful photograph. Much of your work also reminds the many that it is not about fancy cameras and expensive glass, but about creative vision and the artists eye. Love your work!"
July 27th, 2007
"Zeb is a real inspiration to me. He creates atmospheric eye candy for the soul, he captures the beauty of the Pacific Northwest so well. I look forward to every image he posts, keep up the great work!"
June 18th, 2007
"I love Zeb's photos. They're so completely unique, but tied together by that uniqueness to make a definite, inscrutable style that is simply fabulous. I fell in love with his photostream through a couple of his Ranier pictures, then found so many other sights to see that I lost sense of time. He goes to many of my favorite places, yet sees them in ways I've never thought of.
He is also a huge inspiration to Portland's photographers, and a great guy who can be showered with questions and won't complain (sorry, Zeb).
Thanks for sharing your photos, Zeb. I can't wait to see hundreds more as time goes forward."
February 25th, 2007
" If it wasn't for Zeb I don't know if I would have ever found my passion for photography. I grew up around photography, but never took it up. Until I walked into Blue Moon. Jake, Josie, and Zeb all jumped to know my name, and help me out with my endless questions. To this day Zeb's photos and outlook on his art is a great influence on me. Zeb has given me allot of confidence to pursue my photography. I could not thank him enough."
January 25th, 2007
[ CK ] says:
"Zeb sees and captures things most people walk by unoticed. I am a true fan of his pinhole work and It is my pleasure to see the world through his creative vision..."
January 23rd, 2007
"Great photos to see here!"
November 29th, 2006
"It's like this: some people just take pictures to record a scene as it is. Some people take them to reveal to others that moment in its fullest. And then there are those that show us a moment or a scene that was there all along, but that was not visible except through the working of our imaginations. This is what Zeb does. It's like he's writing books, entire short stories and novels about these gorgeous places and moments that we wouldn't otherwise have known were there, except through his vision and photos. In short, Zeb's photography is eye-opening, exciting and incredibly inspiring. And, personally, I thank him greatly for it."
September 24th, 2006
"I noticed Zeb's stream almost immediately after he became a member. I can remember thinking, 'wow, this is something different and unique!' Ever since I've been admiring his wonderful pinhole and inverted lens creations. In addition to being a very gifted and technically accomplished photographer, his commentary is always enlightening, whether it be on his or your stream.
Thanks Z for all the inspiration and knowledge you have shared. You are a great asset to Flickr and It is a pleasure to know you!"
August 21st, 2006
"A highly precisive camera eye. Z.s picture 'The Tower" is a classic. Willing to spend time thinking about a shot. Understands motion across the plate. Produces great images."
July 13th, 2006
- Zeb Andrews
- November 2005
- Portland, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Zeb Andrews Photography