I make pictures. Lots of them.
I work in a film camera shop.. An awesome one.
What you see is not what you get. There is much more of me out there.
Also if you would really like, please peruse my books. Perhaps even buy one. I promise that the proceeds will go toward the making of more photography.
Eiffel 7x7 by Zeb Andrew
Bridgetown by Zeb Andrews
at petal's edge: the secret lives of flowers by Zeb Andrews
Sand by Zeb Andrews
The St. Johns Bridge by Zeb Andrews
- tamer animals (magazine) 14,737 photos, 475 members
- Portland Flickr Junkies 29,111 photos, 739 members
- Great American Landscapes 9,403 photos, 814 members
- I Leica You Like You Leica Me 34,834 photos, 1,308 members
- Flair and Square 26,033 photos, 883 members
- Noctilucence 1,982 photos, 225 members
- Urbane Fragmentation 10,251 photos, 608 members
- Less is More: The Best 6,840 photos, 2,924 members
- 6x7 -COLOR- 54,706 photos, 2,768 members
- CHEMICAL PROCESS [a group about film] 7,003 photos, 528 members
- Widelust 1,145 photos, 67 members
- MILF (Man, I Love Film) 79,598 photos, 1,682 members
- New York City Emulsions 16,833 photos, 597 members
- New York Photography 437,757 photos, 22,117 members
- New York City Street Photography 125,380 photos, 6,032 members
- Banff National Park 12,870 photos, 1,683 members
- Canada Landscapes 113,620 photos, 4,303 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 419,504 photos, 10,159 members
- The Landscape and Fine Art Photography Group 3,338 photos, 143 members
- Istanbul 94,354 photos, 6,406 members
- Analog Soul 204,444 photos, 4,837 members
- ! Analogue...Dare to post? 14,456 photos, 671 members
- Breathtaking World Photography 143 photos, 45 members
- RealitySoSubtle cameras 775 photos, 151 members
- Without a Lens 15,486 photos, 676 members
- Film is God Official Flickr Group. 131,195 photos, 2,986 members
- Film is Awesome! 833,458 photos, 17,581 members
- France image 544,855 photos, 15,379 members
- France 471,651 photos, 10,596 members
- Mont Saint Michel 7,471 photos, 1,294 members
- CHRISTMAS*A Magical time of the year* 25,153 photos, 3,703 members
- Bokeh Photography (1/day) 340,090 photos, 24,988 members
- Fremont Bridge, Portland 278 photos, 33 members
- Hasselblad Users Group 141,698 photos, 5,713 members
- *FILM* Club 417,518 photos, 5,563 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 80,745 photos, 8,426 members
- PDX Bridge Festival 593 photos, 22 members
- Broadway Bridge • Portland Oregon 326 photos, 43 members
- Tilikum Crossing, Bridge of the People 1,137 photos, 96 members
- Cherry blossoms 桜 56,746 photos, 5,679 members
- pinhole trees 3,519 photos, 353 members
- Flickr Friday 24,341 photos, 33,600 members
- Analog Bokeh 47,993 photos, 2,038 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 78,004 photos, 7,476 members
- Pentacon Six 33,694 photos, 3,150 members
- Analog Photography 2,114,805 photos, 47,785 members
- Wedding Photography 252,596 photos, 51,443 members
- Portland's Bancorp Tower 251 photos, 24 members
- Ladder to the Stars 18,845 photos, 2,293 members
- the resurrection of film: film is back 67,942 photos, 2,091 members
"Zeb is king ______ of ______ Mountain....and a master yogurt thief to boot. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have apply my lip balm or feed me Tums."
January 16th, 2012
Tanner Volz says:
"Zeb is ridiculously gifted and a seriously nice dude to boot."
March 29th, 2011
"Zeb is the kind of photographer who inspires me and others to try new things. His photos are not only stunning in their own way, but creative and inspiring. His captions are always full of helpful tips, wise lessons to be learned and fun little stories. Zeb is quite the guy and every time I have the pleasure to go out shooting with him, I learn something new and exciting. He has wonderful insights and is enjoyable company to be around. I was so excited when I learned how to set my timer for long exposure star trails… I’m really looking forward to summer and trying it out again.
Zeb has this way of seeing the world from different angles and in different ways. He is a master of the art and I look forward to more photograph postings, classes and lessons in the future. Thank you Zeb for being a real inspiration and a great guy!"
January 13th, 2011
Blue Mitchell says:
July 11th, 2010
chaybert (Brian Rueb) says:
"Zeb is one of my favorite photographers, not just on flickr. The fact he's constantly with a camera has developed his sense of seeing to another level. I can always rely on his photography to educate me on different film types, as well as the philosophy of photography...and when you can be educated, enlightend, and left going "wow, I never thought about that before..."...well, that's something worth checking
into often. And Zeb is a heck of a nice guy to boot.
I look forward to Zeb's photos, philosophy, and hopefully going out photographing some day."
July 14th, 2008
time for a new beginning says:
"Every time I think I've seen the best Zeb's ever made, he uploads something even better. Every upload makes my jaw drop all over again..."
May 8th, 2008
"People like Zeb are what make flickr such a great resource. Here you have access to a true artist, one who combines technical proficiency with an amazing eye for beauty. What's even greater is that he is very generous and always a teacher, lending helpful advice to strangers. Thanks Zeb and keep up the good work."
March 25th, 2008
"Many people understand their camera well enough to make good photos. Zeb seems to have cameras understand HIM. Each camera he uses finds a way to express Zeb's own photographic vision. His photostream is filled with beautiful landscapes and the occasional compelling portrait."
December 15th, 2007
"I feel zeb is a friend even though I don’t really know him. He has a warmth and honesty that I like and I truly feel that I have lots in common with him even though he is on the other side of the world... ho his images are imaginative, creative and a true inspiration. He is one of those shining lights in life...a good guy!"
November 25th, 2007
inger klekacz says:
"Zeb and i were destined to be friends. which is lucky for me, because if it weren't for my friendship with him, i'd be a helluva lot dumber when it comes to technique.
the man is a paragon of persistence and photographic flexibility. whenever i'm out of my comfort zone or bored with the way i'm shooting, i try to channel just a little Zeb. and voila. something new. and usually better than what i was doing before."
October 19th, 2007
Scott Reither says:
"I find myself continually coming back to view your work. You have a distinct aesthetic that many photographers never find. Your images are not only beautiful but connect with the viewer on an emotional level which is key for a successful photograph. Much of your work also reminds the many that it is not about fancy cameras and expensive glass, but about creative vision and the artists eye. Love your work!"
July 27th, 2007
"Zeb is a real inspiration to me. He creates atmospheric eye candy for the soul, he captures the beauty of the Pacific Northwest so well. I look forward to every image he posts, keep up the great work!"
June 18th, 2007
"I love Zeb's photos. They're so completely unique, but tied together by that uniqueness to make a definite, inscrutable style that is simply fabulous. I fell in love with his photostream through a couple of his Ranier pictures, then found so many other sights to see that I lost sense of time. He goes to many of my favorite places, yet sees them in ways I've never thought of.
He is also a huge inspiration to Portland's photographers, and a great guy who can be showered with questions and won't complain (sorry, Zeb).
Thanks for sharing your photos, Zeb. I can't wait to see hundreds more as time goes forward."
February 25th, 2007
" If it wasn't for Zeb I don't know if I would have ever found my passion for photography. I grew up around photography, but never took it up. Until I walked into Blue Moon. Jake, Josie, and Zeb all jumped to know my name, and help me out with my endless questions. To this day Zeb's photos and outlook on his art is a great influence on me. Zeb has given me allot of confidence to pursue my photography. I could not thank him enough."
January 25th, 2007
[ CK ] says:
"Zeb sees and captures things most people walk by unoticed. I am a true fan of his pinhole work and It is my pleasure to see the world through his creative vision..."
January 23rd, 2007
"Great photos to see here!"
November 29th, 2006
"It's like this: some people just take pictures to record a scene as it is. Some people take them to reveal to others that moment in its fullest. And then there are those that show us a moment or a scene that was there all along, but that was not visible except through the working of our imaginations. This is what Zeb does. It's like he's writing books, entire short stories and novels about these gorgeous places and moments that we wouldn't otherwise have known were there, except through his vision and photos. In short, Zeb's photography is eye-opening, exciting and incredibly inspiring. And, personally, I thank him greatly for it."
September 24th, 2006
"I noticed Zeb's stream almost immediately after he became a member. I can remember thinking, 'wow, this is something different and unique!' Ever since I've been admiring his wonderful pinhole and inverted lens creations. In addition to being a very gifted and technically accomplished photographer, his commentary is always enlightening, whether it be on his or your stream.
Thanks Z for all the inspiration and knowledge you have shared. You are a great asset to Flickr and It is a pleasure to know you!"
August 21st, 2006
"A highly precisive camera eye. Z.s picture 'The Tower" is a classic. Willing to spend time thinking about a shot. Understands motion across the plate. Produces great images."
July 13th, 2006
- Zeb Andrews
- November 2005
- Portland, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Zeb Andrews Photography