I take pictures because it makes me feel good.
I like portraits: I love interacting with people and observing them through the lens, discovering aspects I never noticed before and being surprised on how this changes the way I see them, things and myself.
And when all this comes out of a picture, well, it is a good day...
If you are interested in purchasing the book of my exhibition of Laos and Myanmar you can find it here
P.S. small note on faves/comments/contacts on nudes: I do appreciate interaction with people and I think I am quite openminded.
However I will not accept my pictures to end up in "hot chicks/porn collections"
Thanks for understanding
Photos of zamario (5)
- Noesis 17,189 photos, 658 members
- Fotografia _ flickr group 2,747 photos, 388 members
- Enquire Mag 208,438 photos, 8,153 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*5 VISIONÄR [CLOSED] 576 photos, 783 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*4 SHHH... [CLOSED] 980 photos, 788 members
- Hipstamatic - Tokyo 東京 2,666 photos, 158 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 839,983 photos, 33,818 members
- Hipstamatic 328,586 photos, 16,489 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*3 JUNKLAND CLOSED! 475 photos, 679 members
- Leica M9 156,370 photos, 6,665 members
- Karma Photography 19,266 photos, 1,286 members
- Fotografías blanco y negro 91,129 photos, 3,922 members
- GlossomDotCom 7,753 photos, 439 members
- LeicaShots 28,853 photos, 352 members
- Milanouel!W 7,842 photos, 1,850 members
- OF (Fotografare il Photoshow) 50,025 photos, 1,788 members
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM 60,122 photos, 6,698 members
- PhotoCouture Magazine 111 photos, 26 members
- F a s h i o n M a g a z i n e 7,041 photos, 572 members
- Holgagraphy 164,739 photos, 18,388 members
- Holga Mon Amour 80,844 photos, 5,244 members
- "À la sauvette" (street candid photography in motion) 8,181 photos, 3,034 members
- B Square 348,136 photos, 10,071 members
- Ciò Che Vedono i Miei Occhi/ Novità! 234,965 photos, 4,515 members
- Punk-Aristocracy 1,890 photos, 300 members
- Bending Light 12,378 photos, 3,457 members
- Grain is Good 484,782 photos, 16,258 members
- _B&W_ 268,232 photos, 6,080 members
- Strong Portraits (Creative High Contrast and Dodge & Burn) 19,675 photos, 1,679 members
- "Portraits Portraits Portraits ... " 13,746 photos, 1,904 members
- Different Angle 3,195 photos, 250 members
- Aut - Aut 86,153 photos, 1,710 members
- Metropolis Today (in Black & White) 1,863 photos, 338 members
- Radical Chic 471 photos, 184 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 326,681 photos, 11,505 members
- Souls (bw People) 37,913 photos, 2,192 members
- Black and White Film 635,371 photos, 14,423 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,469,141 photos, 44,819 members
- Street & Reportage 253,673 photos, 5,691 members
- B&W PORTRAITS 115,172 photos, 6,367 members
- Beautiful Myanmar 25,237 photos, 627 members
- Flickr Tate Gallery (invites only) 1,062 photos, 1,080 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 4,894 photos, 1,048 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre/Challenge#22 "REFLECTION" 50,982 photos, 8,775 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 401,285 photos, 22,340 members
- B&W Xibit 13,605 photos, 830 members
- Modern ICONOGRAPHY 19,366 photos, 1,604 members
- Rangefinder Cameras 316,022 photos, 8,577 members
- Black and White (Photography) 199,149 photos, 8,731 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 846 photos, 22,132 members
Ros Ras says:
"Mario è uno di quegli uomini che pensi si siano estinti da tempo, perché di gentili come lui ormai non ne fanno più. Ma la prima cosa che noti, mentre sei su un tetto o in equilibrio su un albero davanti al suo obiettivo, non è la sua gentilezza ma la sua imprevedibilità. Perché sembra sempre tutto inaspettato e allo stesso tempo rassicurante ogni volta che si ha che fare con lui. E poi ha questo modo di far fotografie che quando ti rivedi nei suoi scatti quasi non ci credi e invece è proprio così."
January 25th, 2013
pino piedimonte says:
"...una fonte di ispirazione inesauribile!"
January 26th, 2010
Maxwell Edison* says:
"A true master of light and shadow"
March 29th, 2009
"zamario...in my view...one of the finest shooters of female nude imagery here or anywhere for that matter...bravo"
March 6th, 2009
"Mi piace piu di quanto dovrebbe piacere un imagine. Quando vedo questo tipo di cose (arte), mi chiedo sempre dove la vita vera, s'è è qui, dietro della machina fotografica, danvanti o nel riflesso che c'è tra gli elementi !
When you enter this stream, you just wonder why you like it more than you should. When you see this type of things called art and especialy his, you just wonder where is the real life : behind the camera or in front of it, or maybe in the reflection that there is in the middle of the world, like words, like meaning with no words.
Long Life to Zamario !"
January 21st, 2009
"J'aime vraiment beaucoup ce que tu fais ! Bravo, nice to see your pics..."
August 11th, 2008
Pasquale Maria Salerno says:
"Mario has one of the most precious gifts: he's able to put people's energy, feelings, intimacy in his photographs.
An eye trained to observe, to interact, to understand. And to respect.
He shoots mainly with his brain and with his heart.
That's what photography is all about. That's how not only a photographer, but a also a human being, should be."
January 9th, 2008
Klængur Gunnarsson says:
"All I can say is... Amazing! Great eye for photography and his black and whites are really good!"
September 1st, 2007
"Not yet a testimonial for this amazing stream? I'll start then. His stream is why I find flickr amazing, out of the blue you'll stumble on it, like in my case, to find a gem. I'm in danger of faving most of them. Great eye for details and compositiion is top notch."
June 22nd, 2007
- Mario Zanaria
- November 2005
- Milan, Italy
- I am:
- zamario [at] tiscalinet.it