I take pictures because it makes me feel good.
I like portraits: I love interacting with people and observing them through the lens, discovering aspects I never noticed before and being surprised on how this changes the way I see them, things and myself.
And when all this comes out of a picture, well, it is a good day...
If you are interested in purchasing the book of my exhibition of Laos and Myanmar you can find it here
P.S. small note on faves/comments/contacts on nudes: I do appreciate interaction with people and I think I am quite openminded.
However I will not accept my pictures to end up in "hot chicks/porn collections"
Thanks for understanding
Photos of zamario (5)
- Noesis 17,250 photos, 660 members
- Fotografia _ flickr group 2,786 photos, 401 members
- Enquire Mag 187,646 photos, 8,052 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*5 VISIONÄR [CLOSED] 587 photos, 787 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*4 SHHH... [CLOSED] 996 photos, 794 members
- Hipstamatic - Tokyo 東京 2,636 photos, 156 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 801,299 photos, 33,692 members
- Hipstamatic 325,135 photos, 16,743 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*3 JUNKLAND CLOSED! 478 photos, 680 members
- Leica M9 148,357 photos, 6,284 members
- Karma Photography 18,361 photos, 1,329 members
- Fotografías blanco y negro 74,172 photos, 3,573 members
- GlossomDotCom 7,933 photos, 448 members
- LeicaShots 19,265 photos, 306 members
- Milanouel!W 7,927 photos, 1,847 members
- OF (Fotografare il Photoshow) 50,028 photos, 1,779 members
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM 57,866 photos, 6,504 members
- PhotoCouture Magazine 113 photos, 28 members
- F a s h i o n M a g a z i n e 6,188 photos, 554 members
- Holgagraphy 164,524 photos, 18,649 members
- Holga Mon Amour 78,678 photos, 5,133 members
- "À la sauvette" (street candid photography in motion) 8,295 photos, 2,868 members
- B Square 334,578 photos, 10,025 members
- Ciò Che Vedono i Miei Occhi/ Novità! 216,135 photos, 4,353 members
- Punk-Aristocracy 1,894 photos, 305 members
- Bending Light 12,481 photos, 3,488 members
- Grain is Good 434,032 photos, 15,656 members
- _B&W_ 213,615 photos, 5,273 members
- Strong Portraits (Creative High Contrast and Dodge & Burn) 15,934 photos, 1,567 members
- "Portraits Portraits Portraits ... " 14,481 photos, 1,784 members
- Different Angle 3,104 photos, 249 members
- Aut - Aut 81,878 photos, 1,729 members
- Metropolis Today (in Black & White) 1,433 photos, 337 members
- Radical Chic 494 photos, 187 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 267,914 photos, 10,134 members
- Souls (bw People) 33,569 photos, 2,123 members
- Black and White Film 549,585 photos, 13,308 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,297,096 photos, 40,297 members
- Street & Reportage 209,706 photos, 5,380 members
- B&W PORTRAITS 101,441 photos, 5,977 members
- Beautiful Myanmar 19,425 photos, 524 members
- Flickr Tate Gallery (invites only) 833 photos, 1,019 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 4,965 photos, 1,043 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre/Challenge13 DARKNESS PREVAILS 50,786 photos, 8,624 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 388,653 photos, 22,714 members
- B&W Xibit 10,924 photos, 788 members
- Modern ICONOGRAPHY 18,847 photos, 1,601 members
- Rangefinder Cameras 287,780 photos, 8,208 members
- Black and White (Photography) 165,394 photos, 8,174 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 864 photos, 22,383 members
Rossella Rasulo says:
"Mario è uno di quegli uomini che pensi si siano estinti da tempo, perché di gentili come lui ormai non ne fanno più. Ma la prima cosa che noti, mentre sei su un tetto o in equilibrio su un albero davanti al suo obiettivo, non è la sua gentilezza ma la sua imprevedibilità. Perché sembra sempre tutto inaspettato e allo stesso tempo rassicurante ogni volta che si ha che fare con lui. E poi ha questo modo di far fotografie che quando ti rivedi nei suoi scatti quasi non ci credi e invece è proprio così."
January 25th, 2013
pino piedimonte says:
"...una fonte di ispirazione inesauribile!"
January 26th, 2010
Maxwell Edison* says:
"A true master of light and shadow"
March 29th, 2009
"zamario...in my view...one of the finest shooters of female nude imagery here or anywhere for that matter...bravo"
March 6th, 2009
"Mi piace piu di quanto dovrebbe piacere un imagine. Quando vedo questo tipo di cose (arte), mi chiedo sempre dove la vita vera, s'è è qui, dietro della machina fotografica, danvanti o nel riflesso che c'è tra gli elementi !
When you enter this stream, you just wonder why you like it more than you should. When you see this type of things called art and especialy his, you just wonder where is the real life : behind the camera or in front of it, or maybe in the reflection that there is in the middle of the world, like words, like meaning with no words.
Long Life to Zamario !"
January 21st, 2009
"J'aime vraiment beaucoup ce que tu fais ! Bravo, nice to see your pics..."
August 11th, 2008
Pasquale Maria Salerno says:
"Mario has one of the most precious gifts: he's able to put people's energy, feelings, intimacy in his photographs.
An eye trained to observe, to interact, to understand. And to respect.
He shoots mainly with his brain and with his heart.
That's what photography is all about. That's how not only a photographer, but a also a human being, should be."
January 9th, 2008
Klængur Gunnarsson says:
"All I can say is... Amazing! Great eye for photography and his black and whites are really good!"
September 1st, 2007
"Not yet a testimonial for this amazing stream? I'll start then. His stream is why I find flickr amazing, out of the blue you'll stumble on it, like in my case, to find a gem. I'm in danger of faving most of them. Great eye for details and compositiion is top notch."
June 22nd, 2007
- Mario Zanaria
- November 2005
- Milan, Italy
- I am:
- zamario [at] tiscalinet.it