I take pictures because it makes me feel good.
I like portraits: I love interacting with people and observing them through the lens, discovering aspects I never noticed before and being surprised on how this changes the way I see them, things and myself.
And when all this comes out of a picture, well, it is a good day...
If you are interested in purchasing the book of my exhibition of Laos and Myanmar you can find it here
P.S. small note on faves/comments/contacts on nudes: I do appreciate interaction with people and I think I am quite openminded.
However I will not accept my pictures to end up in "hot chicks/porn collections"
Thanks for understanding
Photos of zamario (5)
- Noesis 17,534 photos, 659 members
- Fotografia _ flickr group 2,751 photos, 400 members
- Enquire Mag 181,039 photos, 7,983 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*5 VISIONÄR [CLOSED] 587 photos, 789 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*4 SHHH... [CLOSED] 996 photos, 794 members
- Hipstamatic - Tokyo 東京 2,636 photos, 156 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 792,803 photos, 33,618 members
- Hipstamatic 324,491 photos, 16,772 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*3 JUNKLAND CLOSED! 478 photos, 679 members
- Leica M9 146,299 photos, 6,194 members
- Karma Photography 17,614 photos, 1,323 members
- Fotografías blanco y negro 70,558 photos, 3,502 members
- GlossomDotCom 7,860 photos, 448 members
- LeicaShots 18,158 photos, 295 members
- Milanouel!W 7,929 photos, 1,848 members
- OF (Fotografare il Photoshow) 49,900 photos, 1,782 members
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM 57,117 photos, 6,443 members
- PhotoCouture Magazine 113 photos, 28 members
- F a s h i o n M a g a z i n e 6,053 photos, 554 members
- Holgagraphy 164,297 photos, 18,692 members
- Holga Mon Amour 78,456 photos, 5,117 members
- "À la sauvette" (street candid photography in motion) 8,266 photos, 2,811 members
- B Square 332,543 photos, 9,986 members
- Ciò Che Vedono i Miei Occhi/ Novità! 213,353 photos, 4,336 members
- Punk-Aristocracy 1,900 photos, 306 members
- Bending Light 12,489 photos, 3,490 members
- Grain is Good 421,856 photos, 15,492 members
- _B&W_ 202,687 photos, 5,097 members
- Strong Portraits (Creative High Contrast and Dodge & Burn) 15,168 photos, 1,528 members
- "Portraits Portraits Portraits ... " 14,780 photos, 1,764 members
- Different Angle 3,096 photos, 249 members
- Aut - Aut 80,867 photos, 1,733 members
- Metropolis Today (in Black & White) 1,446 photos, 340 members
- Radical Chic 493 photos, 187 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 256,454 photos, 9,834 members
- Souls (bw People) 32,154 photos, 2,092 members
- Black and White Film 533,520 photos, 13,130 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,252,676 photos, 39,591 members
- Street & Reportage 200,650 photos, 5,297 members
- B&W PORTRAITS 98,550 photos, 5,836 members
- Beautiful Myanmar 19,044 photos, 510 members
- Flickr Tate Gallery (invites only) 827 photos, 1,005 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 4,979 photos, 1,043 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre / Challenge #11" TREAD SOFTLY 50,715 photos, 8,576 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 383,503 photos, 22,778 members
- B&W Xibit 10,937 photos, 782 members
- Modern ICONOGRAPHY 18,653 photos, 1,606 members
- Rangefinder Cameras 281,529 photos, 8,145 members
- Black and White (Photography) 158,122 photos, 8,027 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 866 photos, 22,426 members
Rossella Rasulo says:
"Mario è uno di quegli uomini che pensi si siano estinti da tempo, perché di gentili come lui ormai non ne fanno più. Ma la prima cosa che noti, mentre sei su un tetto o in equilibrio su un albero davanti al suo obiettivo, non è la sua gentilezza ma la sua imprevedibilità. Perché sembra sempre tutto inaspettato e allo stesso tempo rassicurante ogni volta che si ha che fare con lui. E poi ha questo modo di far fotografie che quando ti rivedi nei suoi scatti quasi non ci credi e invece è proprio così."
January 25th, 2013
pino piedimonte says:
"...una fonte di ispirazione inesauribile!"
January 26th, 2010
Maxwell Edison* says:
"A true master of light and shadow"
March 29th, 2009
"zamario...in my view...one of the finest shooters of female nude imagery here or anywhere for that matter...bravo"
March 6th, 2009
"Mi piace piu di quanto dovrebbe piacere un imagine. Quando vedo questo tipo di cose (arte), mi chiedo sempre dove la vita vera, s'è è qui, dietro della machina fotografica, danvanti o nel riflesso che c'è tra gli elementi !
When you enter this stream, you just wonder why you like it more than you should. When you see this type of things called art and especialy his, you just wonder where is the real life : behind the camera or in front of it, or maybe in the reflection that there is in the middle of the world, like words, like meaning with no words.
Long Life to Zamario !"
January 21st, 2009
"J'aime vraiment beaucoup ce que tu fais ! Bravo, nice to see your pics..."
August 11th, 2008
Pasquale Maria Salerno says:
"Mario has one of the most precious gifts: he's able to put people's energy, feelings, intimacy in his photographs.
An eye trained to observe, to interact, to understand. And to respect.
He shoots mainly with his brain and with his heart.
That's what photography is all about. That's how not only a photographer, but a also a human being, should be."
January 9th, 2008
Klængur Gunnarsson says:
"All I can say is... Amazing! Great eye for photography and his black and whites are really good!"
September 1st, 2007
"Not yet a testimonial for this amazing stream? I'll start then. His stream is why I find flickr amazing, out of the blue you'll stumble on it, like in my case, to find a gem. I'm in danger of faving most of them. Great eye for details and compositiion is top notch."
June 22nd, 2007
- Mario Zanaria
- November 2005
- Milan, Italy
- I am:
- zamario [at] tiscalinet.it