I take pictures because it makes me feel good.
I like portraits: I love interacting with people and observing them through the lens, discovering aspects I never noticed before and being surprised on how this changes the way I see them, things and myself.
And when all this comes out of a picture, well, it is a good day...
If you are interested in purchasing the book of my exhibition of Laos and Myanmar you can find it here
P.S. small note on faves/comments/contacts on nudes: I do appreciate interaction with people and I think I am quite openminded.
However I will not accept my pictures to end up in "hot chicks/porn collections"
Thanks for understanding
Photos of zamario (7)
- Noesis 16,292 photos, 661 members
- Fotografia _ flickr group 2,652 photos, 401 members
- Enquire Mag 163,138 photos, 7,809 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*5 VISIONÄR [CLOSED] 600 photos, 794 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*4 SHHH... [CLOSED] 1,019 photos, 800 members
- Hipstamatic - Tokyo 東京 2,617 photos, 155 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 771,990 photos, 33,297 members
- Hipstamatic 321,271 photos, 16,790 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*3 JUNKLAND CLOSED! 480 photos, 684 members
- Leica M9 141,754 photos, 5,945 members
- Karma Photography 13,287 photos, 1,270 members
- Fotografías blanco y negro 61,204 photos, 3,261 members
- GlossomDotCom 7,253 photos, 446 members
- LeicaShots 15,434 photos, 262 members
- Milanouel!W 8,004 photos, 1,846 members
- OF (Fotografare il Photoshow) 49,327 photos, 1,771 members
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM 55,569 photos, 6,286 members
- PhotoCouture Magazine 117 photos, 28 members
- F a s h i o n M a g a z i n e 5,889 photos, 540 members
- Holgagraphy 163,911 photos, 18,624 members
- Holga Mon Amour 77,215 photos, 5,048 members
- "À la sauvette" (street candid photography in motion) 8,238 photos, 2,683 members
- B Square 323,331 photos, 9,916 members
- Ciò Che Vedono i Miei Occhi/ Novità! 207,030 photos, 4,323 members
- Punk-Aristocracy 2,007 photos, 310 members
- Bending Light 12,600 photos, 3,507 members
- Grain is Good 387,716 photos, 15,005 members
- _B&W_ 173,976 photos, 4,559 members
- Strong Portraits (Creative High Contrast and Dodge & Burn) 13,149 photos, 1,410 members
- "Portraits Portraits Portraits ... " 14,921 photos, 1,670 members
- Different Angle 3,149 photos, 248 members
- Aut - Aut 79,013 photos, 1,720 members
- Metropolis Today (in Black & White) 1,458 photos, 337 members
- Radical Chic 501 photos, 187 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 220,386 photos, 8,782 members
- Souls (bw People) 29,366 photos, 2,034 members
- Black and White Film 488,229 photos, 12,473 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,124,880 photos, 37,416 members
- Street & Reportage 171,542 photos, 4,984 members
- B&W PORTRAITS 90,524 photos, 5,508 members
- Beautiful Myanmar 17,276 photos, 433 members
- Flickr Tate Gallery (invites only) 792 photos, 982 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 5,047 photos, 1,035 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre Challenge A TRICK OF THE LIGHT 50,457 photos, 8,408 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 370,221 photos, 22,938 members
- B&W Xibit 9,948 photos, 764 members
- Modern ICONOGRAPHY 18,133 photos, 1,604 members
- Rangefinder Cameras 266,703 photos, 7,911 members
- Black and White (Photography) 138,958 photos, 7,474 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 876 photos, 22,557 members
Rossella Rasulo says:
"Mario è uno di quegli uomini che pensi si siano estinti da tempo, perché di gentili come lui ormai non ne fanno più. Ma la prima cosa che noti, mentre sei su un tetto o in equilibrio su un albero davanti al suo obiettivo, non è la sua gentilezza ma la sua imprevedibilità. Perché sembra sempre tutto inaspettato e allo stesso tempo rassicurante ogni volta che si ha che fare con lui. E poi ha questo modo di far fotografie che quando ti rivedi nei suoi scatti quasi non ci credi e invece è proprio così."
January 25th, 2013
pino piedimonte says:
"...una fonte di ispirazione inesauribile!"
January 26th, 2010
Maxwell Edison* says:
"A true master of light and shadow"
March 29th, 2009
"zamario...in my view...one of the finest shooters of female nude imagery here or anywhere for that matter...bravo"
March 6th, 2009
"Mi piace piu di quanto dovrebbe piacere un imagine. Quando vedo questo tipo di cose (arte), mi chiedo sempre dove la vita vera, s'è è qui, dietro della machina fotografica, danvanti o nel riflesso che c'è tra gli elementi !
When you enter this stream, you just wonder why you like it more than you should. When you see this type of things called art and especialy his, you just wonder where is the real life : behind the camera or in front of it, or maybe in the reflection that there is in the middle of the world, like words, like meaning with no words.
Long Life to Zamario !"
January 21st, 2009
"J'aime vraiment beaucoup ce que tu fais ! Bravo, nice to see your pics..."
August 11th, 2008
Pasquale Maria Salerno says:
"Mario has one of the most precious gifts: he's able to put people's energy, feelings, intimacy in his photographs.
An eye trained to observe, to interact, to understand. And to respect.
He shoots mainly with his brain and with his heart.
That's what photography is all about. That's how not only a photographer, but a also a human being, should be."
January 9th, 2008
Klængur Gunnarsson says:
"All I can say is... Amazing! Great eye for photography and his black and whites are really good!"
September 1st, 2007
"Not yet a testimonial for this amazing stream? I'll start then. His stream is why I find flickr amazing, out of the blue you'll stumble on it, like in my case, to find a gem. I'm in danger of faving most of them. Great eye for details and compositiion is top notch."
June 22nd, 2007
- Mario Zanaria
- November 2005
- Milan, Italy
- I am:
- zamario [at] tiscalinet.it