I take pictures because it makes me feel good.
I like portraits: I love interacting with people and observing them through the lens, discovering aspects I never noticed before and being surprised on how this changes the way I see them, things and myself.
And when all this comes out of a picture, well, it is a good day...
If you are interested in purchasing the book of my exhibition of Laos and Myanmar you can find it here
P.S. small note on faves/comments/contacts on nudes: I do appreciate interaction with people and I think I am quite openminded.
However I will not accept my pictures to end up in "hot chicks/porn collections"
Thanks for understanding
Photos of zamario (7)
- Noesis 15,815 photos, 661 members
- Fotografia _ flickr group 2,645 photos, 402 members
- Enquire Mag 158,398 photos, 7,756 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*5 VISIONÄR [CLOSED] 600 photos, 798 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*4 SHHH... [CLOSED] 1,024 photos, 803 members
- Hipstamatic - Tokyo 東京 2,617 photos, 157 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 767,229 photos, 33,236 members
- Hipstamatic 319,246 photos, 16,786 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*3 JUNKLAND CLOSED! 483 photos, 687 members
- Leica M9 140,131 photos, 5,869 members
- Karma Photography 12,438 photos, 1,237 members
- Fotografías blanco y negro 58,514 photos, 3,190 members
- GlossomDotCom 7,142 photos, 446 members
- LeicaShots 14,702 photos, 254 members
- EYE ZOOM ! ESTHETIQUE ! ( INVITE ONLY) 30,530 photos, 5,887 members
- Milanouel!W 8,020 photos, 1,843 members
- OF (Fotografare il Photoshow) 49,189 photos, 1,770 members
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM 55,183 photos, 6,239 members
- PhotoCouture Magazine 117 photos, 28 members
- F a s h i o n M a g a z i n e 5,822 photos, 540 members
- Holgagraphy 163,805 photos, 18,436 members
- Holga Mon Amour 76,984 photos, 5,037 members
- "À la sauvette" (street candid photography in motion) 8,213 photos, 2,651 members
- B Square 321,376 photos, 9,893 members
- Ciò Che Vedono i Miei Occhi/ Novità! 205,086 photos, 4,307 members
- Punk-Aristocracy 2,056 photos, 311 members
- Bending Light 12,622 photos, 3,511 members
- Grain is Good 380,153 photos, 14,880 members
- _B&W_ 168,150 photos, 4,387 members
- Strong Portraits (Creative High Contrast and Dodge & Burn) 12,743 photos, 1,383 members
- "Portraits Portraits Portraits ... " 14,952 photos, 1,641 members
- Different Angle 3,122 photos, 248 members
- Aut - Aut 78,594 photos, 1,721 members
- Metropolis Today (in Black & White) 1,459 photos, 335 members
- Radical Chic 504 photos, 187 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 211,829 photos, 8,521 members
- Souls (bw People) 28,737 photos, 2,016 members
- Black and White Film 478,651 photos, 12,312 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,094,557 photos, 36,812 members
- Street & Reportage 165,134 photos, 4,919 members
- B&W PORTRAITS 88,398 photos, 5,425 members
- Beautiful Myanmar 16,813 photos, 422 members
- Flickr Tate Gallery (invites only) 791 photos, 977 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 5,049 photos, 1,034 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre Challenge A TRICK OF THE LIGHT 50,319 photos, 8,337 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 367,244 photos, 22,979 members
- B&W Xibit 9,956 photos, 758 members
- Modern ICONOGRAPHY 18,003 photos, 1,601 members
- Rangefinder Cameras 262,552 photos, 7,836 members
- Black and White (Photography) 134,536 photos, 7,324 members
Rossella Rasulo says:
"Mario è uno di quegli uomini che pensi si siano estinti da tempo, perché di gentili come lui ormai non ne fanno più. Ma la prima cosa che noti, mentre sei su un tetto o in equilibrio su un albero davanti al suo obiettivo, non è la sua gentilezza ma la sua imprevedibilità. Perché sembra sempre tutto inaspettato e allo stesso tempo rassicurante ogni volta che si ha che fare con lui. E poi ha questo modo di far fotografie che quando ti rivedi nei suoi scatti quasi non ci credi e invece è proprio così."
January 25th, 2013
pino piedimonte says:
"...una fonte di ispirazione inesauribile!"
January 26th, 2010
Maxwell Edison* says:
"A true master of light and shadow"
March 29th, 2009
"zamario...in my view...one of the finest shooters of female nude imagery here or anywhere for that matter...bravo"
March 6th, 2009
"Mi piace piu di quanto dovrebbe piacere un imagine. Quando vedo questo tipo di cose (arte), mi chiedo sempre dove la vita vera, s'è è qui, dietro della machina fotografica, danvanti o nel riflesso che c'è tra gli elementi !
When you enter this stream, you just wonder why you like it more than you should. When you see this type of things called art and especialy his, you just wonder where is the real life : behind the camera or in front of it, or maybe in the reflection that there is in the middle of the world, like words, like meaning with no words.
Long Life to Zamario !"
January 21st, 2009
"J'aime vraiment beaucoup ce que tu fais ! Bravo, nice to see your pics..."
August 11th, 2008
Pasquale Maria Salerno says:
"Mario has one of the most precious gifts: he's able to put people's energy, feelings, intimacy in his photographs.
An eye trained to observe, to interact, to understand. And to respect.
He shoots mainly with his brain and with his heart.
That's what photography is all about. That's how not only a photographer, but a also a human being, should be."
January 9th, 2008
Klængur Gunnarsson says:
"All I can say is... Amazing! Great eye for photography and his black and whites are really good!"
September 1st, 2007
"Not yet a testimonial for this amazing stream? I'll start then. His stream is why I find flickr amazing, out of the blue you'll stumble on it, like in my case, to find a gem. I'm in danger of faving most of them. Great eye for details and compositiion is top notch."
June 22nd, 2007
- Mario Zanaria
- November 2005
- Milan, Italy
- I am:
- zamario [at] tiscalinet.it