I take pictures because it makes me feel good.
I like portraits: I love interacting with people and observing them through the lens, discovering aspects I never noticed before and being surprised on how this changes the way I see them, things and myself.
And when all this comes out of a picture, well, it is a good day...
If you are interested in purchasing the book of my exhibition of Laos and Myanmar you can find it here
P.S. small note on faves/comments/contacts on nudes: I do appreciate interaction with people and I think I am quite openminded.
However I will not accept my pictures to end up in "hot chicks/porn collections"
Thanks for understanding
Photos of zamario (7)
- Organiconcrete 47,699 photos, 1,450 members
- Noesis 16,036 photos, 656 members
- Fotografia _ flickr group 2,509 photos, 400 members
- Enquire Mag 144,073 photos, 7,514 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*5 VISIONÄR [CLOSED] 628 photos, 805 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*4 SHHH... [CLOSED] 1,038 photos, 812 members
- Hipstamatic - Tokyo 東京 2,565 photos, 154 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 747,372 photos, 32,915 members
- Hipstamatic 312,973 photos, 16,757 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*3 JUNKLAND CLOSED! 502 photos, 696 members
- Leica M9 134,760 photos, 5,644 members
- Karma Photography 9,678 photos, 1,166 members
- Fotografías blanco y negro 51,112 photos, 2,967 members
- GlossomDotCom 6,711 photos, 445 members
- LeicaShots 12,652 photos, 220 members
- EYE ZOOM ! ESTHETIQUE ! ( INVITE ONLY) 28,786 photos, 5,480 members
- Milanouel!W 8,068 photos, 1,851 members
- OF (Fotografare il Photoshow) 48,445 photos, 1,762 members
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM 53,803 photos, 6,047 members
- PhotoCouture Magazine 116 photos, 28 members
- F a s h i o n M a g a z i n e 5,567 photos, 529 members
- Holgagraphy 163,531 photos, 17,523 members
- Holga Mon Amour 75,859 photos, 4,974 members
- "À la sauvette" (street candid photography in motion) 8,117 photos, 2,429 members
- B Square 313,456 photos, 9,818 members
- Ciò Che Vedono i Miei Occhi/ Novità! 199,836 photos, 4,278 members
- Punk-Aristocracy 2,053 photos, 310 members
- Bending Light 12,724 photos, 3,504 members
- Grain is Good 351,025 photos, 14,346 members
- _B&W_ 146,528 photos, 3,873 members
- Strong Portraits (Creative High Contrast and Dodge & Burn) 11,905 photos, 1,293 members
- "Portraits Portraits Portraits ... " 15,119 photos, 1,428 members
- Different Angle 3,065 photos, 246 members
- Aut - Aut 76,711 photos, 1,709 members
- Metropolis Today (in Black & White) 1,432 photos, 330 members
- Radical Chic 508 photos, 188 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 183,412 photos, 7,259 members
- Souls (bw People) 26,687 photos, 1,973 members
- Black and White Film 441,554 photos, 11,583 members
- RAW Street Photography 982,009 photos, 34,150 members
- Street & Reportage 141,046 photos, 4,538 members
- B&W PORTRAITS 81,097 photos, 5,071 members
- Beautiful Myanmar 13,521 photos, 372 members
- Flickr Tate Gallery (invites only) 1,433 photos, 951 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 5,103 photos, 1,034 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre-NEW Challenge "Movement" 50,044 photos, 8,115 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 351,309 photos, 23,163 members
- B&W Xibit 9,120 photos, 753 members
- Modern ICONOGRAPHY 17,549 photos, 1,597 members
- Rangefinder Cameras 250,218 photos, 7,570 members
Rossella Rasulo says:
"Mario è uno di quegli uomini che pensi si siano estinti da tempo, perché di gentili come lui ormai non ne fanno più. Ma la prima cosa che noti, mentre sei su un tetto o in equilibrio su un albero davanti al suo obiettivo, non è la sua gentilezza ma la sua imprevedibilità. Perché sembra sempre tutto inaspettato e allo stesso tempo rassicurante ogni volta che si ha che fare con lui. E poi ha questo modo di far fotografie che quando ti rivedi nei suoi scatti quasi non ci credi e invece è proprio così."
January 25th, 2013
pino piedimonte says:
"...una fonte di ispirazione inesauribile!"
January 26th, 2010
Maxwell Edison* says:
"A true master of light and shadow"
March 29th, 2009
"zamario...in my view...one of the finest shooters of female nude imagery here or anywhere for that matter...bravo"
March 6th, 2009
"Mi piace piu di quanto dovrebbe piacere un imagine. Quando vedo questo tipo di cose (arte), mi chiedo sempre dove la vita vera, s'è è qui, dietro della machina fotografica, danvanti o nel riflesso che c'è tra gli elementi !
When you enter this stream, you just wonder why you like it more than you should. When you see this type of things called art and especialy his, you just wonder where is the real life : behind the camera or in front of it, or maybe in the reflection that there is in the middle of the world, like words, like meaning with no words.
Long Life to Zamario !"
January 21st, 2009
"J'aime vraiment beaucoup ce que tu fais ! Bravo, nice to see your pics..."
August 11th, 2008
Pasquale Maria Salerno says:
"Mario has one of the most precious gifts: he's able to put people's energy, feelings, intimacy in his photographs.
An eye trained to observe, to interact, to understand. And to respect.
He shoots mainly with his brain and with his heart.
That's what photography is all about. That's how not only a photographer, but a also a human being, should be."
January 9th, 2008
Klængur Gunnarsson says:
"All I can say is... Amazing! Great eye for photography and his black and whites are really good!"
September 1st, 2007
"Not yet a testimonial for this amazing stream? I'll start then. His stream is why I find flickr amazing, out of the blue you'll stumble on it, like in my case, to find a gem. I'm in danger of faving most of them. Great eye for details and compositiion is top notch."
June 22nd, 2007
- Mario Zanaria
- November 2005
- Milan, Italy
- I am:
- zamario [at] tiscalinet.it