I take pictures because it makes me feel good.
I like portraits: I love interacting with people and observing them through the lens, discovering aspects I never noticed before and being surprised on how this changes the way I see them, things and myself.
And when all this comes out of a picture, well, it is a good day...
If you are interested in purchasing the book of my exhibition of Laos and Myanmar you can find it here
P.S. small note on faves/comments/contacts on nudes: I do appreciate interaction with people and I think I am quite openminded.
However I will not accept my pictures to end up in "hot chicks/porn collections"
Thanks for understanding
Photos of zamario (5)
- Noesis 17,187 photos, 660 members
- Fotografia _ flickr group 2,786 photos, 400 members
- Enquire Mag 190,087 photos, 8,072 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*5 VISIONÄR [CLOSED] 586 photos, 786 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*4 SHHH... [CLOSED] 996 photos, 793 members
- Hipstamatic - Tokyo 東京 2,636 photos, 156 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 804,542 photos, 33,732 members
- Hipstamatic 325,110 photos, 16,712 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*3 JUNKLAND CLOSED! 478 photos, 682 members
- Leica M9 149,385 photos, 6,330 members
- Karma Photography 18,601 photos, 1,318 members
- Fotografías blanco y negro 76,165 photos, 3,622 members
- GlossomDotCom 7,972 photos, 447 members
- LeicaShots 19,821 photos, 308 members
- Milanouel!W 7,926 photos, 1,848 members
- OF (Fotografare il Photoshow) 50,195 photos, 1,780 members
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM 58,050 photos, 6,515 members
- PhotoCouture Magazine 111 photos, 28 members
- F a s h i o n M a g a z i n e 6,064 photos, 553 members
- Holgagraphy 164,584 photos, 18,639 members
- Holga Mon Amour 78,973 photos, 5,150 members
- "À la sauvette" (street candid photography in motion) 8,268 photos, 2,885 members
- B Square 336,185 photos, 10,046 members
- Ciò Che Vedono i Miei Occhi/ Novità! 217,717 photos, 4,372 members
- Punk-Aristocracy 1,903 photos, 305 members
- Bending Light 12,467 photos, 3,486 members
- Grain is Good 439,409 photos, 15,717 members
- _B&W_ 219,099 photos, 5,382 members
- Strong Portraits (Creative High Contrast and Dodge & Burn) 16,350 photos, 1,578 members
- "Portraits Portraits Portraits ... " 14,438 photos, 1,792 members
- Different Angle 3,119 photos, 249 members
- Aut - Aut 82,473 photos, 1,729 members
- Metropolis Today (in Black & White) 1,432 photos, 338 members
- Radical Chic 494 photos, 186 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 273,432 photos, 10,279 members
- Souls (bw People) 34,171 photos, 2,134 members
- Black and White Film 557,423 photos, 13,416 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,315,677 photos, 40,754 members
- Street & Reportage 213,699 photos, 5,420 members
- B&W PORTRAITS 103,143 photos, 6,013 members
- Beautiful Myanmar 19,787 photos, 539 members
- Flickr Tate Gallery (invites only) 865 photos, 1,024 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 4,963 photos, 1,043 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre/Challenge#14 KIND OF BLUE 50,787 photos, 8,638 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 390,907 photos, 22,693 members
- B&W Xibit 10,902 photos, 795 members
- Modern ICONOGRAPHY 18,927 photos, 1,600 members
- Rangefinder Cameras 290,423 photos, 8,260 members
- Black and White (Photography) 168,708 photos, 8,258 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 862 photos, 22,366 members
Rossella Rasulo says:
"Mario è uno di quegli uomini che pensi si siano estinti da tempo, perché di gentili come lui ormai non ne fanno più. Ma la prima cosa che noti, mentre sei su un tetto o in equilibrio su un albero davanti al suo obiettivo, non è la sua gentilezza ma la sua imprevedibilità. Perché sembra sempre tutto inaspettato e allo stesso tempo rassicurante ogni volta che si ha che fare con lui. E poi ha questo modo di far fotografie che quando ti rivedi nei suoi scatti quasi non ci credi e invece è proprio così."
January 25th, 2013
pino piedimonte says:
"...una fonte di ispirazione inesauribile!"
January 26th, 2010
Maxwell Edison* says:
"A true master of light and shadow"
March 29th, 2009
"zamario...in my view...one of the finest shooters of female nude imagery here or anywhere for that matter...bravo"
March 6th, 2009
"Mi piace piu di quanto dovrebbe piacere un imagine. Quando vedo questo tipo di cose (arte), mi chiedo sempre dove la vita vera, s'è è qui, dietro della machina fotografica, danvanti o nel riflesso che c'è tra gli elementi !
When you enter this stream, you just wonder why you like it more than you should. When you see this type of things called art and especialy his, you just wonder where is the real life : behind the camera or in front of it, or maybe in the reflection that there is in the middle of the world, like words, like meaning with no words.
Long Life to Zamario !"
January 21st, 2009
"J'aime vraiment beaucoup ce que tu fais ! Bravo, nice to see your pics..."
August 11th, 2008
Pasquale Maria Salerno says:
"Mario has one of the most precious gifts: he's able to put people's energy, feelings, intimacy in his photographs.
An eye trained to observe, to interact, to understand. And to respect.
He shoots mainly with his brain and with his heart.
That's what photography is all about. That's how not only a photographer, but a also a human being, should be."
January 9th, 2008
Klængur Gunnarsson says:
"All I can say is... Amazing! Great eye for photography and his black and whites are really good!"
September 1st, 2007
"Not yet a testimonial for this amazing stream? I'll start then. His stream is why I find flickr amazing, out of the blue you'll stumble on it, like in my case, to find a gem. I'm in danger of faving most of them. Great eye for details and compositiion is top notch."
June 22nd, 2007
- Mario Zanaria
- November 2005
- Milan, Italy
- I am:
- zamario [at] tiscalinet.it