My interest in photography began in middle school with me using my family’s Kodak Instamatic camera. In high school, I took a photography class and got my first SLR camera which I was pleased to use as one of the yearbook photographers.
I grew up in a family rich in culture as my parents grew up in different countries: Portugal and Mexico. Over the years, family visits to Mexico have given me the opportunity to capture some beautiful images. You don’t always have to travel far, however, to get fantastic photos. I’ve taken some of my favorite pictures in the metro Detroit area and other cities throughout Michigan.
I currently use a Nikon digital SLR and always carry my point and shoot, thanks to my husband who encouraged me a couple of years ago to venture into the digital photography world. I’m drawn towards nature / outdoor and candid photography, but with inspiration from my exposure.Detroit friends, I’ve expanded my images to include all things urban, abandoned and vintage. I enjoy and appreciate the outside of the box thinking that photography gives me. It helps me see beauty in pretty much anything from an obvious breathtaking sunset to a not so obvious rundown building. I find myself looking at the world with this photographer’s eye view and consider it a true blessing.
- March Photo Challenge 2012 168 photos, 18 members
- Reveal Your Detroit 604 photos, 143 members
- Maui, Hawaii 33,494 photos, 2,151 members
- Spring in The Air 2011 221 photos, 105 members
- Unexpected finds that made you smile 1,198 photos, 57 members
- Exposure.Detroit at The Woodbridge Pub 7 photos, 23 members
- Exposure.Detroit - Woodward:Mile by Mile 232 photos, 54 members
- BestOfDetroit 5,321 photos, 109 members
- One Leaf 9,212 photos, 3,500 members
- Beautiful Madeira 10,695 photos, 609 members
- Flare Fridays 10,954 photos, 1,914 members
- The Way I See It; Starbucks Cups 29 photos, 31 members
- The Swap-a-Lot - Closed for the duration. 96 photos, 104 members
- bokeh whores 370,140 photos, 14,051 members
- Coca-Cola 28,123 photos, 7,312 members
- Tequila 1,092 photos, 267 members
- Acción Poética 1,810 photos, 481 members
- Project Amazing Balloon 32 photos, 25 members
- Decayed yet Hauntingly Beautiful 114,004 photos, 8,261 members
- *Swoon 44,837 photos, 1,579 members
- Apple Cider Mills 158 photos, 49 members
- Mannequin 28,813 photos, 3,736 members
- Mannequin Hunters 13,741 photos, 1,015 members
- Toilets for Terry 157 photos, 83 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 482,451 photos, 13,726 members
- Starbucks 22,895 photos, 6,773 members
- Totally Texture Tuesday 6,232 photos, 1,399 members
- texture whores 100,603 photos, 4,848 members
- Picnikers - closed 120,548 photos, 9,579 members
- Save Michigan Central Station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Detroit Michigan 1,541 photos, 342 members
- Ann Arbor Graffiti 701 photos, 125 members
- Red Rule 659,370 photos, 57,821 members
- Michigan Barns 4,201 photos, 193 members
- Highland Park, Michigan 443 photos, 35 members
- American Heart Association's Go Red For Women 216 photos, 164 members
- Signs of Detroit 1,694 photos, 220 members
- One Window 11,330 photos, 1,053 members
- One Door 16,928 photos, 2,027 members
- One Chair 4,131 photos, 1,152 members
- Pure Detroit 4,722 photos, 370 members
- Quote Whores 5,791 photos, 422 members
- El Cerro de la Silla 425 photos, 120 members
- Monterrey 15,112 photos, 723 members
- BEST BOTTLES - The BOTTLE experience! 7,880 photos, 1,920 members
- Barrio Antiguo 1,065 photos, 98 members
- I collect light . 762,187 photos, 19,135 members
- Blartsy 2,165 photos, 272 members
- CHAINORAMA 1,007 photos, 295 members
- Winter 2008-9 165 photos, 34 members
- Bokeh Wednesday Eve 10,434 photos, 879 members
Jeff Milton says:
"Chris has a wonderful sense of color and uses color in very bold ways. Her images have a certain style. We also share something in common beside a love for photography, we both have day jobs at the same company. Keep the images coming Chris."
April 3rd, 2008
"Cris is a stellar photographer. I have learned so much from her in the short time I've known her and she never fails to impress me. I can't think of a better person to share an exhibit or a jail cell with.
thank you for being weird enough to be my friend. xoxo"
March 24th, 2008
Buzz Click Photography says:
"I've had a few chances to shoot alongside Cris this year and I am glad to call her an exposure.detroit friend. I've been meaning to write this for a while. Cris has a great eye for anything she chooses to photograph, but especially for everyday household objects. Absolutely nothing is out of bounds for her. Colors, angles, perspectives, stuff that I would either dismiss or not even think of, she pulls off and turns into some of the finest art on Flickr. Cris doesn't take pictures. She is a woman with a sharp eye who looks at the world and tells us what she thinks - and what she FEELS in her very special delicate way of looking. And WOW does she catch the detail that we all often pass! Its a pleasure to browse through her photostream to check out her latest compositions and the creativity that she puts into her work.
Her enthusiasm knows no limits! But the thing about Cris is that she has no idea how good she is!!!
I am in awe of her photographic & artistic skills and look forward to seeing her new uploads whenever I sign on to Flickr. Always interesting, often fun, and over-modest... you have to treat yourself to a day with Cris!
(I don't know who got her into this Flickr world but I'm glad she bumped into him!)"
March 23rd, 2008
Bobby Alcott says:
"Cris is a very talented photographer with a special feel for both positive and negative spaces. Her work is thought-provoking and stimulating, leaving the viewer a real opportunity for interpretation and closure.
She's also a first-class person, and I'm proud to call her a friend."
January 9th, 2008
- December 2006
- Metro Detroit Area
- I am:
- Female and Taken