My interest in photography began in middle school with me using my family’s Kodak Instamatic camera. In high school, I took a photography class and got my first SLR camera which I was pleased to use as one of the yearbook photographers.
I grew up in a family rich in culture as my parents grew up in different countries: Portugal and Mexico. Over the years, family visits to Mexico have given me the opportunity to capture some beautiful images. You don’t always have to travel far, however, to get fantastic photos. I’ve taken some of my favorite pictures in the metro Detroit area and other cities throughout Michigan.
I currently use a Nikon digital SLR and always carry my point and shoot, thanks to my husband who encouraged me a couple of years ago to venture into the digital photography world. I’m drawn towards nature / outdoor and candid photography, but with inspiration from my exposure.Detroit friends, I’ve expanded my images to include all things urban, abandoned and vintage. I enjoy and appreciate the outside of the box thinking that photography gives me. It helps me see beauty in pretty much anything from an obvious breathtaking sunset to a not so obvious rundown building. I find myself looking at the world with this photographer’s eye view and consider it a true blessing.
- March Photo Challenge 2012 172 photos, 18 members
- Reveal Your Detroit 609 photos, 140 members
- Maui, Hawaii 31,759 photos, 2,077 members
- Spring in The Air 2011 220 photos, 109 members
- Unexpected finds that made you smile 1,010 photos, 57 members
- Exposure.Detroit at The Woodbridge Pub 7 photos, 23 members
- Exposure.Detroit - Woodward:Mile by Mile 222 photos, 55 members
- BestOfDetroit 4,640 photos, 104 members
- One Leaf 8,825 photos, 3,443 members
- Beautiful Madeira 10,229 photos, 555 members
- Flare Fridays 10,370 photos, 1,853 members
- The Way I See It; Starbucks Cups 29 photos, 33 members
- The Swap-a-Lot - Closed for the duration. 105 photos, 104 members
- bokeh whores 337,917 photos, 13,651 members
- Coca-Cola 27,003 photos, 7,296 members
- Tequila 1,097 photos, 263 members
- Acción Poética 1,769 photos, 482 members
- Project Amazing Balloon 32 photos, 25 members
- Decayed yet Hauntingly Beautiful 116,145 photos, 8,208 members
- *Swoon 43,405 photos, 1,576 members
- Apple Cider Mills 157 photos, 45 members
- Mannequin 26,931 photos, 3,666 members
- Mannequin Hunters 11,949 photos, 971 members
- Toilets for Terry 159 photos, 83 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 451,059 photos, 12,922 members
- Starbucks 22,624 photos, 6,826 members
- Totally Texture Tuesday 5,739 photos, 1,385 members
- texture whores 96,181 photos, 4,780 members
- Picnikers - closed 124,246 photos, 9,696 members
- Save Michigan Central Station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Detroit Michigan 1,538 photos, 340 members
- Ann Arbor Graffiti 701 photos, 125 members
- Red Rule 634,992 photos, 56,057 members
- Michigan Barns 3,976 photos, 177 members
- Highland Park, Michigan 421 photos, 33 members
- American Heart Association's Go Red For Women 217 photos, 168 members
- Signs of Detroit 1,636 photos, 217 members
- One Window 10,289 photos, 1,005 members
- One Door 15,748 photos, 1,956 members
- One Chair 3,913 photos, 1,108 members
- Pure Detroit 4,395 photos, 350 members
- Quote Whores 5,487 photos, 420 members
- El Cerro de la Silla 425 photos, 121 members
- Monterrey 14,860 photos, 711 members
- BEST BOTTLES - The BOTTLE experience! 7,398 photos, 1,895 members
- Barrio Antiguo 949 photos, 92 members
- I collect light . 667,601 photos, 18,349 members
- Blartsy 2,267 photos, 274 members
- CHAINORAMA 1,017 photos, 292 members
- Winter 2008-9 173 photos, 34 members
- Bokeh Wednesday Eve 10,101 photos, 878 members
Jeff Milton says:
"Chris has a wonderful sense of color and uses color in very bold ways. Her images have a certain style. We also share something in common beside a love for photography, we both have day jobs at the same company. Keep the images coming Chris."
April 3rd, 2008
"Cris is a stellar photographer. I have learned so much from her in the short time I've known her and she never fails to impress me. I can't think of a better person to share an exhibit or a jail cell with.
thank you for being weird enough to be my friend. xoxo"
March 24th, 2008
Buzz Click Photography says:
"I've had a few chances to shoot alongside Cris this year and I am glad to call her an exposure.detroit friend. I've been meaning to write this for a while. Cris has a great eye for anything she chooses to photograph, but especially for everyday household objects. Absolutely nothing is out of bounds for her. Colors, angles, perspectives, stuff that I would either dismiss or not even think of, she pulls off and turns into some of the finest art on Flickr. Cris doesn't take pictures. She is a woman with a sharp eye who looks at the world and tells us what she thinks - and what she FEELS in her very special delicate way of looking. And WOW does she catch the detail that we all often pass! Its a pleasure to browse through her photostream to check out her latest compositions and the creativity that she puts into her work.
Her enthusiasm knows no limits! But the thing about Cris is that she has no idea how good she is!!!
I am in awe of her photographic & artistic skills and look forward to seeing her new uploads whenever I sign on to Flickr. Always interesting, often fun, and over-modest... you have to treat yourself to a day with Cris!
(I don't know who got her into this Flickr world but I'm glad she bumped into him!)"
March 23rd, 2008
Bobby Alcott says:
"Cris is a very talented photographer with a special feel for both positive and negative spaces. Her work is thought-provoking and stimulating, leaving the viewer a real opportunity for interpretation and closure.
She's also a first-class person, and I'm proud to call her a friend."
January 9th, 2008
- December 2006
- Metro Detroit Area
- I am:
- Female and Taken