My interest in photography began in middle school with me using my family’s Kodak Instamatic camera. In high school, I took a photography class and got my first SLR camera which I was pleased to use as one of the yearbook photographers.
I grew up in a family rich in culture as my parents grew up in different countries: Portugal and Mexico. Over the years, family visits to Mexico have given me the opportunity to capture some beautiful images. You don’t always have to travel far, however, to get fantastic photos. I’ve taken some of my favorite pictures in the metro Detroit area and other cities throughout Michigan.
I currently use a Nikon digital SLR and always carry my point and shoot, thanks to my husband who encouraged me a couple of years ago to venture into the digital photography world. I’m drawn towards nature / outdoor and candid photography, but with inspiration from my exposure.Detroit friends, I’ve expanded my images to include all things urban, abandoned and vintage. I enjoy and appreciate the outside of the box thinking that photography gives me. It helps me see beauty in pretty much anything from an obvious breathtaking sunset to a not so obvious rundown building. I find myself looking at the world with this photographer’s eye view and consider it a true blessing.
- March Photo Challenge 2012 172 photos, 18 members
- Reveal Your Detroit 609 photos, 140 members
- Maui, Hawaii 32,181 photos, 2,061 members
- Spring in The Air 2011 219 photos, 109 members
- Unexpected finds that made you smile 915 photos, 58 members
- Exposure.Detroit at The Woodbridge Pub 7 photos, 23 members
- Exposure.Detroit - Woodward:Mile by Mile 221 photos, 55 members
- BestOfDetroit 4,547 photos, 104 members
- One Leaf 8,591 photos, 3,397 members
- Beautiful Madeira 9,918 photos, 537 members
- Flare Fridays 10,207 photos, 1,835 members
- The Way I See It; Starbucks Cups 29 photos, 33 members
- The Swap-a-Lot - Closed for the duration. 105 photos, 103 members
- bokeh whores 327,507 photos, 13,517 members
- Coca-Cola 26,647 photos, 7,270 members
- Tequila 1,092 photos, 256 members
- Acción Poética 1,697 photos, 480 members
- Project Amazing Balloon 32 photos, 25 members
- Decayed yet Hauntingly Beautiful 116,272 photos, 8,174 members
- *Swoon 42,661 photos, 1,573 members
- Apple Cider Mills 156 photos, 45 members
- Mannequin 26,441 photos, 3,650 members
- Mannequin Hunters 11,529 photos, 965 members
- Toilets for Terry 162 photos, 80 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 440,659 photos, 12,688 members
- Starbucks 22,362 photos, 6,836 members
- Totally Texture Tuesday 5,549 photos, 1,372 members
- texture whores 94,885 photos, 4,770 members
- Picnikers - closed 124,932 photos, 9,714 members
- Save Michigan Central Station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Detroit Michigan 1,537 photos, 341 members
- Ann Arbor Graffiti 701 photos, 125 members
- Red Rule 626,756 photos, 55,620 members
- Michigan Barns 3,869 photos, 176 members
- Highland Park, Michigan 421 photos, 33 members
- American Heart Association's Go Red For Women 217 photos, 168 members
- Signs of Detroit 1,604 photos, 217 members
- One Window 10,102 photos, 987 members
- One Door 15,484 photos, 1,938 members
- One Chair 3,874 photos, 1,092 members
- Pure Detroit 4,356 photos, 346 members
- Quote Whores 5,399 photos, 419 members
- El Cerro de la Silla 425 photos, 121 members
- Monterrey 14,749 photos, 701 members
- BEST BOTTLES - The BOTTLE experience! 7,295 photos, 1,896 members
- Barrio Antiguo 944 photos, 92 members
- I collect light . 640,556 photos, 18,098 members
- Blartsy 2,236 photos, 274 members
- CHAINORAMA 1,019 photos, 293 members
- Winter 2008-9 173 photos, 34 members
- Bokeh Wednesday Eve 10,005 photos, 880 members
Jeff Milton says:
"Chris has a wonderful sense of color and uses color in very bold ways. Her images have a certain style. We also share something in common beside a love for photography, we both have day jobs at the same company. Keep the images coming Chris."
April 3rd, 2008
"Cris is a stellar photographer. I have learned so much from her in the short time I've known her and she never fails to impress me. I can't think of a better person to share an exhibit or a jail cell with.
thank you for being weird enough to be my friend. xoxo"
March 24th, 2008
Buzz Click Photography says:
"I've had a few chances to shoot alongside Cris this year and I am glad to call her an exposure.detroit friend. I've been meaning to write this for a while. Cris has a great eye for anything she chooses to photograph, but especially for everyday household objects. Absolutely nothing is out of bounds for her. Colors, angles, perspectives, stuff that I would either dismiss or not even think of, she pulls off and turns into some of the finest art on Flickr. Cris doesn't take pictures. She is a woman with a sharp eye who looks at the world and tells us what she thinks - and what she FEELS in her very special delicate way of looking. And WOW does she catch the detail that we all often pass! Its a pleasure to browse through her photostream to check out her latest compositions and the creativity that she puts into her work.
Her enthusiasm knows no limits! But the thing about Cris is that she has no idea how good she is!!!
I am in awe of her photographic & artistic skills and look forward to seeing her new uploads whenever I sign on to Flickr. Always interesting, often fun, and over-modest... you have to treat yourself to a day with Cris!
(I don't know who got her into this Flickr world but I'm glad she bumped into him!)"
March 23rd, 2008
Bobby Alcott says:
"Cris is a very talented photographer with a special feel for both positive and negative spaces. Her work is thought-provoking and stimulating, leaving the viewer a real opportunity for interpretation and closure.
She's also a first-class person, and I'm proud to call her a friend."
January 9th, 2008
- December 2006
- Metro Detroit Area
- I am:
- Female and Taken