I'm a Software Engine—you know what? That's a pretty useless title. I make software. I participate in every stage of it, conception, requirements, design, innovation, architecture, implementation, quality, support, and every other bit.
That's kind of stressful, though. So I try to get out and photograph stuff. I put the results of that here. Sometimes I'm pretty happy with what I make. If you like what I have shared, feel free to add me as a contact or just favorite everything in my stream, you know, whatever works for you. Above all, though, I love to read opinions of my work. It's all art for art's sake here, and viewer replies are the only real payment I ever get.
My primary interests have been difficult to nail down. I'd say the #1 draw for my creative application of photography is the nebulous and broad genre of "crap people have made and or did here" or perhaps something on the same axis as "manufactured landscapes" a la Burtynsky but with a much broader range and not always with the same kind of social commentary undertones. I'll happily make an image out of a rust pipe erupted through a sidewalk or a landscape defined by nature and man in concert. I would love to shoot some junkyards or something, but, I don't quite have Burtynsky's contacts or sensibilities about such things yet.
Whatever the case, enjoy yourself.
- Sony α NEX & ILCE 554,219 photos, 15,223 members
- Project Weather 627,612 photos, 93,252 members
- DEDPXL ASSIGNMENTS GROUP 8,644 photos, 4,365 members
- Official ZEISS Camera Lenses Group 34,728 photos, 16,662 members
- Photography for Real Estate 36,219 photos, 13,021 members
- Architecture 1,871,228 photos, 103,680 members
- Strobist.com 606,500 photos, 123,752 members
- Rokinon Users 3,976 photos, 315 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 133,285 photos, 6,527 members
- TLP - Travel Light Photography 516,846 photos, 8,602 members
- The Birdsill Holly Society 8,056 photos, 1,126 members
zacheryjensen doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Zachery Jensen
- December 2006
- Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, USA
- I am:
- Sr. Software Engineer