I'm a Software Engine—you know what? That's a pretty useless title. I make software. I participate in every stage of it, conception, requirements, design, innovation, architecture, implementation, quality, support, and every other bit.
That's kind of stressful, though. So I try to get out and photograph stuff. I put the results of that here. Sometimes I'm pretty happy with what I make. If you like what I have shared, feel free to add me as a contact or just favorite everything in my stream, you know, whatever works for you. Above all, though, I love to read opinions of my work. It's all art for art's sake here, and viewer replies are the only real payment I ever get.
My primary interests have been difficult to nail down. I'd say the #1 draw for my creative application of photography is the nebulous and broad genre of "crap people have made and or did here" or perhaps something on the same axis as "manufactured landscapes" a la Burtynsky but with a much broader range and not always with the same kind of social commentary undertones. I'll happily make an image out of a rust pipe erupted through a sidewalk or a landscape defined by nature and man in concert. I would love to shoot some junkyards or something, but, I don't quite have Burtynsky's contacts or sensibilities about such things yet.
Whatever the case, enjoy yourself.
- Sony α NEX & ILCE 468,563 photos, 14,648 members
- Project Weather 641,685 photos, 94,055 members
- DEDPXL ASSIGNMENTS GROUP 8,617 photos, 4,572 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 29,704 photos, 15,869 members
- Photography for Real Estate 34,270 photos, 11,315 members
- Architecture 1,752,965 photos, 100,443 members
- Strobist.com 608,949 photos, 123,607 members
- Rokinon Users 3,047 photos, 261 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 125,048 photos, 6,606 members
- TLP - Travel Light Photography 406,169 photos, 8,168 members
- The Birdsill Holly Society 8,163 photos, 1,152 members
zacheryjensen doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Zachery Jensen
- December 2006
- Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, USA
- I am:
- Sr. Software Engineer