I'm a Software Engine—you know what? That's a pretty useless title. I make software. I participate in every stage of it, conception, requirements, design, innovation, architecture, implementation, quality, support, and every other bit.
That's kind of stressful, though. So I try to get out and photograph stuff. I put the results of that here. Sometimes I'm pretty happy with what I make. If you like what I have shared, feel free to add me as a contact or just favorite everything in my stream, you know, whatever works for you. Above all, though, I love to read opinions of my work. It's all art for art's sake here, and viewer replies are the only real payment I ever get.
My primary interests have been difficult to nail down. I'd say the #1 draw for my creative application of photography is the nebulous and broad genre of "crap people have made and or did here" or perhaps something on the same axis as "manufactured landscapes" a la Burtynsky but with a much broader range and not always with the same kind of social commentary undertones. I'll happily make an image out of a rust pipe erupted through a sidewalk or a landscape defined by nature and man in concert. I would love to shoot some junkyards or something, but, I don't quite have Burtynsky's contacts or sensibilities about such things yet.
Whatever the case, enjoy yourself.
- Sony α NEX & ILCE 475,083 photos, 14,702 members
- Project Weather 640,695 photos, 94,086 members
- DEDPXL ASSIGNMENTS GROUP 8,682 photos, 4,566 members
- Official ZEISS Camera Lenses Group 30,222 photos, 15,977 members
- Photography for Real Estate 34,455 photos, 11,437 members
- Architecture 1,761,983 photos, 100,617 members
- Strobist.com 609,183 photos, 123,686 members
- Rokinon Users 3,079 photos, 270 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 126,091 photos, 6,609 members
- TLP - Travel Light Photography 417,452 photos, 8,209 members
- The Birdsill Holly Society 8,159 photos, 1,145 members
zacheryjensen doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Zachery Jensen
- December 2006
- Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, USA
- I am:
- Sr. Software Engineer