I'm a Software Engine—you know what? That's a pretty useless title. I make software. I participate in every stage of it, conception, requirements, design, innovation, architecture, implementation, quality, support, and every other bit.
That's kind of stressful, though. So I try to get out and photograph stuff. I put the results of that here. Sometimes I'm pretty happy with what I make. If you like what I have shared, feel free to add me as a contact or just favorite everything in my stream, you know, whatever works for you. Above all, though, I love to read opinions of my work. It's all art for art's sake here, and viewer replies are the only real payment I ever get.
My primary interests have been difficult to nail down. I'd say the #1 draw for my creative application of photography is the nebulous and broad genre of "crap people have made and or did here" or perhaps something on the same axis as "manufactured landscapes" a la Burtynsky but with a much broader range and not always with the same kind of social commentary undertones. I'll happily make an image out of a rust pipe erupted through a sidewalk or a landscape defined by nature and man in concert. I would love to shoot some junkyards or something, but, I don't quite have Burtynsky's contacts or sensibilities about such things yet.
Whatever the case, enjoy yourself.
- Sony α NEX & ILCE 401,928 photos, 13,995 members
- Project Weather 645,342 photos, 92,133 members
- DEDPXL ASSIGNMENTS GROUP 7,812 photos, 4,604 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 25,755 photos, 15,119 members
- Photography for Real Estate 32,144 photos, 10,509 members
- Architecture 1,642,892 photos, 96,289 members
- Strobist.com 605,015 photos, 122,647 members
- Rokinon Users 2,100 photos, 209 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 118,477 photos, 6,566 members
- TLP - Travel Light Photography 302,444 photos, 7,064 members
- The Birdsill Holly Society 7,978 photos, 1,146 members
zacheryjensen doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Zachery Jensen
- December 2006
- Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, USA
- I am:
- Sr. Software Engineer