I was given my first blank journal when I was 8, and my first camera when I was 10. Since then I've been watching my life through a second set of eyes. A photograph or a written journal entry has the special ability to give significance to any time or place. When I'm traveling, for instance, my camera and journal gets the chance to capture more than I could possibly remember on my own (new moments and people everyday). I rely on it to inform me later.
I like to capture simple things like a cloud in the sky or an obscure moment in time, so that later on I can find new meaning. Photographs are all about perspective and finding new beauty, about the magic of reliving experiences in fresh ways, and most of all, about sharing them with other people. I am practicing the art of making every moment count.
My eyes often find themselves in my photographs. My heart often finds itself in my writing. It's a spontaneous action that creates the interesting effect of me reaching out to capture the world. It reminds the viewer or reader of my presences behind the camera and pen.
I am my own best subject to watch move through life. It's the world around me that I'm watching unfold, so I like to place myself in it to see where I stand. I've used myself as a reference of time, place, emotion and as a continuous human element in the images of this big world.
I use a lot of mirrors to photograph through. I like the dual reality, frame-within-frame effect and confusing perspective. It creates a strange cycle of me watching myself, watch myself...
- Your last Kodachrome exposure 33 photos, 24 members
- Taken With A Camera 635 photos, 69 members
- Kodak P3200TMZ 324 photos, 106 members
- Film? Because thats how we roll beyotch, dirtay. 67,030 photos, 1,620 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 428,071 photos, 16,952 members
- Fuji Neopan 55,976 photos, 3,675 members
- Analog Photography 2,344,036 photos, 53,022 members
- MILF (Man, I Love Film) 103,366 photos, 1,884 members
- Escape into Life 7,674 photos, 287 members
- (sub) Blow-up! - A Collection of Images for Our 1st Exhibition 135 photos, 18 members
- SOFT FOCUS KING 587 photos, 106 members
- Cinnamon Rose Actions and Presets 10,243 photos, 1,252 members
- B&W PORTRAITS 116,346 photos, 6,418 members
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS 34,129 photos, 1,459 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 791,970 photos, 54,388 members
- Hasselblad portraits (squares only) 8,727 photos, 1,276 members
- Hasselblad Users Group 154,691 photos, 6,209 members
- Hasselblad 284,805 photos, 13,227 members
- Polaroid SX 70 113,451 photos, 17,234 members
- polaroid expired film 45,617 photos, 2,733 members
- Polaroid Spectra 20,388 photos, 2,633 members
- Polaroid Land Camera 54,026 photos, 5,764 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,613 photos, 1,273 members
- Environmental Portraits 12,845 photos, 2,039 members
- Documentary Portraiture 40,968 photos, 2,637 members
- BLOW-UP! 4,458 photos, 76 members
- Beautiful is Boring 248,693 photos, 6,411 members
- Missouri Lounge 311 photos, 38 members
- Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe 114 photos, 35 members
- Nikon D300 Users 577,289 photos, 17,346 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 21,702 photos, 1,191 members
- Sean "Gobo" Keily 105 photos, 41 members
- Through the Viewfinder 57,585 photos, 6,907 members
- oaklogish. 479 photos, 40 members
- I Shoot Film 2,567,005 photos, 110,751 members
- cup of the day 6,516 photos, 1,572 members
- Flickr Hacks 413 photos, 21,970 members
- mood/atmosphere 331,791 photos, 7,806 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 581,492 photos, 21,109 members
- Night Images 1,179,558 photos, 165,676 members
- C'mon, Feel the Noise 1,131 photos, 144 members
- I FIXED YOUR PIC -The Original ! 6,986 photos, 1,492 members
- FIX MY PIC -The Original ! - TEMPORARILY CLOSED. 65 photos, 4,003 members
- Utata 460,232 photos, 28,464 members
- Portrait★Faces 118,353 photos, 53,085 members
- squareFormat 974,553 photos, 40,724 members
- Medium Format (120/220 film only) 810,085 photos, 37,261 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 215,283 photos, 20,921 members
- Toy Cameras 297,336 photos, 26,254 members
- Lubitel 70,167 photos, 11,845 members
knowing angle says:
"Yve's photos are lovely and she herself lovelier still. Bookmark her photo stream. Now."
December 8th, 2008
Capt. Tim says:
"Yve is fantastic in a myriad of ways.
One of them is her useful photography advice. I adore her with all my heart, even if my iphone always tries to correct her name to 'the'"
November 13th, 2008
rancer roo says:
"she may be small but she carries a big camera..."
August 2nd, 2006
- July 2004
- Hamtramck, Michigan
- I am:
- Female and Taken