I live in Munich, Germany and have been posting on flickr since July this year (i.e. 2007).
I have always taken snapshots on my holidays but I was never serious about photography. Only after I bought my new compact Canon Powershot G7 and I started out of curiosity to post a few pictures on flickr, I am starting to develop a sort of passion for photography.
My photography interest include architectural and colourful vivid shots and I like to discover unusual angles and exploring the geometry and abstractness of the topics. I strongly believe in composition. But I still feel that I'm really new at this, so any constructive criticism would be really helpful. Just looking at all of the amazing photos that people have out there has really helped me think about what I like.
Thanks to everybody and especially my flickr friends for stopping by the photostream and thanks so much for the visits, replies, invites, and scores.
Camera used: Canon Powershot G7 and now Canon EOS 450d
A quick way to look at all the fotos:
My sister and myself:
- YOU AND THE WORLD (POST 2 AWARD 5) 56,310 photos, 2,607 members
- Architecture - but on the lighter side.... 1,911 photos, 122 members
- One-point perspective 62 photos, 20 members
- urban being - the world we built and live in (HQ) 41,389 photos, 899 members
- ARTE PURO / ADMIN INVITE ONLY / P1 C3 9,023 photos, 705 members
- Patterns As We See Them 8,901 photos, 930 members
- Geometry Masters of the Universe 2,718 photos, 307 members
- : abstract AND minimal : 68,199 photos, 2,344 members
- Maximal minimalism 48,182 photos, 3,020 members
- from BELOW - straight up 8,252 photos, 1,703 members
- Digital Artscene Pro: Admin Invite (Post 1, Award 1) 39,540 photos, 2,443 members
- Less is More: The Best 6,361 photos, 3,137 members
- Art for the Art (Admin-Invite) 22,186 photos, 1,339 members
- Abstract Art Awards -=Post 1, Award 3=-- 59,717 photos, 8,161 members
- Into the sky 6,623 photos, 635 members
- Less 15,778 photos, 556 members
- panoramas 458,190 photos, 60,145 members
- !* PIONEER IN CREATIVITY ♦ - by admin approval! - P1/A2 14,102 photos, 1,142 members
- Architecture (Clean Shots) 16,768 photos, 2,064 members
- 25+ Faves (25-49): P1, aw & fav 2 on the first newest page 33,580 photos, 6,539 members
- AutopanoPro 8,437 photos, 640 members
- Selected minimum 20,058 photos, 1,352 members
- Graphisme + Couleurs, c'est le Bonheur! [ p1 a1 ] 1,492 photos, 179 members
- !Faire Abstraction de Tout - ONLY ABSTRACT , Please ! 38,527 photos, 941 members
- Minimalines 3,256 photos, 668 members
- Colorful Building and House Details (no complete structures) 8,511 photos, 936 members
- kwerfeldein: die flickr gruppe 200,728 photos, 3,612 members
- kwerfeldein: ausblick 97,146 photos, 4,665 members
- Arquitetura e Design / P1/ Award 2 - 7,843 photos, 404 members
- ! !^Perfect Touch 15+ Faves (Level 1) (P1:A/F3) 56,327 photos, 3,262 members
- Absolute Architecture (Admin Invite) 15,224 photos, 990 members
- minimal art [no people no life] post / comment / invite 117,763 photos, 5,931 members
- Just Clear Architectural Photography 267 photos, 20 members
- blurism 73,552 photos, 2,757 members
- Metarte 4,890 photos, 120 members
- Graphic Architecture 77,920 photos, 3,097 members
- Art Without End ... [P1/C3] 117,965 photos, 3,362 members
- ! !^Exquisite Art 50+ Faves (Level 1) (Post 1:Award/Fave 3) 67,676 photos, 3,064 members
- Photo Art Non-Square (P1/C2) Quality over quantity, please... 8,318 photos, 337 members
- Arch Daily 218,145 photos, 8,778 members
- 600+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 4,034 photos, 758 members
- a MoMeNTaRY LaPSe oF ReaSoN(post1/award3)SWEEPER runs 86,436 photos, 3,607 members
- Engineering as Art 130,547 photos, 5,031 members
- The Moulin Rouge (sweeper, 15+ faves, 3 comments) 10,830 photos, 1,710 members
- ABSTRACT ART - *comment 1 per post 304,241 photos, 15,373 members
- no_name_art 40,598 photos, 378 members
- MINIMAL black&white 90,294 photos, 11,244 members
- red square gallery (closed) 2,074 photos, 62 members
- *LEVEL-4 :GALLERY THE VERY BEST* P 1 / A 5 21,879 photos, 2,595 members
- faChadas______..:.::::. faCades !!! 10,889 photos, 644 members
- umbrellas in their natural habitat 13 photos
- Images of Silence 14 photos
- Animal Passport Photography 16 photos
- A Collection of Untold Stories 17 photos
- The Headbangers 12 photos
- Vanishing Art - Berlin Graffiti 15 photos
- Timelapse 7 videos
- Ray(s) of Light 16 photos
- Empty Seats 15 photos
- Stuff in Green 17 photos
- Shapes, Lines and Curves 14 photos
- not as clean as my socks 17 photos
- It's not warm 15 photos
- Welcome to the Underground 15 photos
- Clouds 15 photos
- Splash! 16 photos
- Everybody is running and jumping! 16 photos
- Reflections in Architecture 15 photos
- Self Exploration and Recognition 12 photos
- Two-gether 16 photos
- Eyes 11 photos
- tranquil water 17 photos
- yellow and whites - a small selection 17 photos
- Silhouettes 15 photos
- abstract architecture - a selection 15 photos
- blue and white go well together 15 photos
- red and white go well together 16 photos
- a smile suits everybody! 15 photos
- a bunch of stairs 15 photos
- Stanley Kubrick's Holiday Snaps 17 photos
- how owls perceive the world 17 photos
- a small study on minimalism 13 photos
"Estoy muy impresionado viendo el talento de Christian. Sus composiciones nunca dejan indiferentes y son realmente impactantes. Todas ellas tienen una composición sencillamente magistral. Es todo un honor poder seguir a un maestro como él."
March 22nd, 2018
E s e n s e says:
I just discovered your stream and went through most of it as soon as I saw the first page !
I don't know where and how you find these locations of yours, but your photography is a lesson of point of view, geometry and composition. I love how you find unusual angles to outline the geometry in your shot and then we (viewers) can only see those lines without (at first) understanding exactly what is the subject.
I can really relate to your vision of architecture, I too find myself fascinated by lines and structure and I love to find that in your pictures.
I really am looking forward to seeing more!"
August 5th, 2011
"he's a reference and a source of inspiration."
December 15th, 2010
regular brick says:
"Simply put ; The Master of Architectural Photography on Flickr.
i would fav his whole photostream if only there was a button for that!"
August 10th, 2010
Wojtek Gurak says:
"Christian's architectural photography has been a great inspiration for me since sometime now. There are tons of pictures I explore every day, but his works always supply me with high quality views.
I can't express enough, how much I appreciate his "studies and explorations" in geometry, minimalism and aesthetics when it comes to crisp and vivid photos.
I like to look at the surrounding built enviroments through his lens/eye. If not directly, then at least subconsciously I hope to keep learning from his works.
It also continuously makes me laugh to see how both mine and his flickr-favourites tend to be filled 50/50 with either beautiful architecture or beautiful women ;-)
You're doing a good job Christian! all the best."
July 10th, 2010
"I wonder I haven't written a testimonial for you by now, dear Christian!
It is definitely time for me to tell, how much I appreciate your works. You are brilliant, your images are always crisp and precise, which I think is very important, when it comes to minimalistic photography. By following the thought, that sometimes less is more, you produce absolutely delightful and professional images, that are a pure joy to behold. I am sure many are inspired by and learning from you. There are a lot of fresh and immensely interesting photos you bring us and thank you for that. This is an elegant and subtle, very mature stream. Looking forward to your works always! Thank you for sharing."
November 27th, 2009
"Sit back and enjoy Chiristan´s stream - he has such a great eye for the things you normaly wouldn´t recognize!
Christian has a unique "handwriting" in his photos, especially his shots of architecture and serendipity for great locations are always amazing and very inspiring . . . again and again!
Thanks for sharing your work with us!"
August 9th, 2009
"I really dig Christian's work. Lovely lines, great geometry and an eye for colour and composition. He makes Munich (and lots of other places!) shine."
December 22nd, 2008
"Looking for quality …versus quantity?
Here is the place to visit!
With Christian… I found a creative
photographer with a great eye for art!
Thanks for sharing your world….I will never get
lost in Munich’s underground and will definitely
find all the museums… :-)"
September 20th, 2008
sediama (break) says:
"Christian has a great eye for motives and his work is full of creativity. You can really feel his passion making excellent photos. Even if you look after mistakes in his work, you can’t find any. I love the museum series, but especially I love his Munic U-Bahn series….two of the photos are in my flat ;-)"
September 9th, 2008
Sheila in Moonducks says:
"Christian takes the photos that I can only dream about. Then he makes them real, vivid and perfect. His feeling for space and color and and the placement of people is always bold, original and beautiful. His architecture images are among the best I have ever seen. I value his friendship and warmth very much - and also his subtle sense of humor. Hola Christian - you are great !!"
September 3rd, 2008
Mad Men Art says:
Congratulations - 祝贺您 - Enhorabuena - Parabéns - Félicitations - Gratulation – Congratulazioni – 축하합니다.
World100F – QualityGroup – Marco"
August 15th, 2008
"If you like great photography, Christian's photostream will not disapoint you. If you like perfectly captured architectural geometry, minimalism and rich vibrant colour, Christian's photostream is an essential destination which will thrill you every time you visit."
May 4th, 2008
"Christian's photostream is a delight for the eyes: a world of colours and forms so wonderful and so pure! His sense for shapes and architecture is incomparable, the perspective of the pictures - unexpected and unusual."
April 23rd, 2008
"yushimoto_02 [christian] is an inspiration and a mentor for everyone who seriously cares about graphpic design/photography and less about "traditional photography""
January 28th, 2008
- Christian Beirle González
- February 2007
- Munich, Germany