Instructor of Northern and Circumpolar Studies at Yukon College, Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. I rarely leave the house without a camera.
If you're interested in Yukon weather, see this Environment Canada web page current-conditions summary.
Current Flickr Code is F6 | c+ f++ g+ m+ s(a, and sometimes e)
I'm also posting photographs to WanderingWhitehorse to share location pictures of Whitehorse for use by other instructors teaching University of the Arctic Circumpolar Studies courses. The photos are available for educational or non-profit use under a Creative Commons licence.
See Whitehorse on Google Maps.
My most interesting pictures collated by a tool by isaias.com.mx
- Street Themes #19 - Eating in motion 5,533 photos, 358 members
- A través de... (through) 30,660 photos, 2,126 members
- 54 Degrees and More 1,179 photos, 19 members
- Luftschlösser 272 photos, 25 members
- Looking Down ... Pictograms and Road Markings 522 photos, 58 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 40,890 photos, 5,110 members
- Passion for windows and doors on the world 22,390 photos, 554 members
- Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or Landscapes.P1- 83,315 photos, 4,651 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 487,457 photos, 63,697 members
- Travel Yukon 1,424 photos, 67 members
- Cold United 19,676 photos, 1,124 members
- Oslo Airport Gardermoen (OSL) 8,984 photos, 79 members
- Anthropomorphic Curated 1,456 photos, 137 members
- Canada's Northern House Photo Pool 814 photos, 84 members
- green + rust 9,019 photos, 701 members
- Globe and Mail Reader Submissions 50,831 photos, 5,185 members
- Türen/Tore/Doors/Portals 65,032 photos, 5,362 members
- Campers in the Walmart Parking Lot 32 photos, 79 members
- Colour Chart 3,231 photos, 1,991 members
- Singin' The Blues - P1/A2 19,429 photos, 5,478 members
- red + rust 5,565 photos, 508 members
- Shoppingcarts 599 photos, 45 members
- Trolley Spotting 1,198 photos, 160 members
- airports - streetstyle 1,006 photos, 638 members
- Non tutto,solo un po'.....(NOT ALL,ONLY A LITTLE.....) 26,194 photos, 1,449 members
- Faux Vintage 139,555 photos, 10,064 members
- 2008 Day-by-Day 70 photos, 20 members
- paper wall 465 photos, 153 members
- blue + rust 14,256 photos, 1,344 members
- All Favourite Photos 30,213 photos, 3,425 members
- Northern HDR 247 photos, 25 members
- No people (No landscape’s please. ) 14,158 photos, 1,396 members
- I see faces ( Not a Portrait Group ) 9,942 photos, 1,974 members
- Lifeless Faces - always something to talk to 9,691 photos, 1,380 members
- The Arctic and Antarctic environment 9,175 photos, 663 members
- Contrasts 18,770 photos, 429 members
- Contact's New Photos 405 photos, 103 members
- Archaeology of the Street 2,737 photos, 214 members
- 2006 Day-by-day 128 photos, 45 members
- I Love Signs 7,393 photos, 233 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 449,585 photos, 10,486 members
- Entrance to Hell 3,563 photos, 19,179 members
- 1,000 Invitational 4,711 photos, 1,838 members
- M/S Explorer - A tribute 129 photos, 27 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 16,780 photos, 17,812 members
- huis_van_oranje 2,023 photos, 83 members
- Bitter Irony 1,192 photos, 244 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 303,809 photos, 29,195 members
- The Magic Hour: Long Light (NOT sunset) 37,335 photos, 3,644 members
- Painted arrows 761 photos, 167 members
"Having lived in Whitehorse, the North has seeped into my bones. But circumstances have changed and work takes me elsewhere these days.
However, Amanda's photos bring the Yukon back with an astonishing eye and evocative detail. Perusing her flickr pages is the next best thing to being there."
December 11th, 2007
Bea Jay says:
"Extracting the essential, or the "story behind" views that might be "everyday life", giving them "new life".
Then also, her "everyday life" is in a part of the world that from here ... sounds "exotic". For me it's "window" to discover a world I saw from afar, and read about in Jack London's stories.
But then again, she has the talent to show how fascinating things like "simple" shopping carts can be!
Always fresh and new! How not to stop and look at the world illuminated by the Yukon White Light?"
October 24th, 2007
"I really appreciate dropping by to browse through Amandas photographs. Her pics always take me away to another world which is so far from the one I live in.
She has a keen eye for the beauty of details you may meet in your day-to-day life and she captures them in a great combination of colour and composition."
January 14th, 2007
"The camera is liquid in her hands, she is an un-stoppable Zen-like force.... !"
December 5th, 2006
"Yukon's pictures are beautiful eye candies!
her shots are smart, elegant and tender.
a short visit in her stream will fill up your favorites page :)
waiting for more to come!"
October 3rd, 2006
"Amanda is one of the most talented people I know. Her photographic abilities are obvious, but she is also an expert on history and all things northern. Behind the images displayed here is a person who writes, teaches, and advocates for the circumpolar world.
Amanda can converse at length on almost any subject. She's a pleasant and helpful person willing to share her unique vision and knowledge with those around her.
Please keep those great photos coming Amanda."
September 5th, 2006
- Amanda Graham
- September 2005
- Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
- I am: