Instructor of Northern and Circumpolar Studies at Yukon College, Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. I rarely leave the house without a camera.
If you're interested in Yukon weather, see this Environment Canada web page current-conditions summary.
Current Flickr Code is F6 | c+ f++ g+ m+ s(a, and sometimes e)
I'm also posting photographs to WanderingWhitehorse to share location pictures of Whitehorse for use by other instructors teaching University of the Arctic Circumpolar Studies courses. The photos are available for educational or non-profit use under a Creative Commons licence.
See Whitehorse on Google Maps.
My most interesting pictures collated by a tool by isaias.com.mx
- Street Themes #19 - Eating in motion 5,494 photos, 357 members
- A través de... (through) 28,996 photos, 2,063 members
- 54 Degrees and More 884 photos, 20 members
- Luftschlösser 267 photos, 26 members
- Looking Down ... Pictograms and Road Markings 504 photos, 58 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,055 photos, 5,105 members
- Passion for windows and doors on the world 20,516 photos, 531 members
- Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or Landscapes.P1- 81,596 photos, 4,566 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 488,851 photos, 63,742 members
- Travel Yukon 1,349 photos, 64 members
- Cold United 18,569 photos, 1,076 members
- Oslo Airport Gardermoen (OSL) 8,180 photos, 76 members
- Anthropomorphic Curated 1,494 photos, 137 members
- Canada's Northern House Photo Pool 828 photos, 79 members
- green + rust 8,859 photos, 696 members
- Globe and Mail Reader Submissions 51,560 photos, 5,207 members
- Türen/Tore/Doors/Portals 63,688 photos, 5,364 members
- Campers in the Walmart Parking Lot 27 photos, 78 members
- Colour Chart 3,242 photos, 1,998 members
- Singin' The Blues - P1/A2 18,822 photos, 5,486 members
- red + rust 5,642 photos, 507 members
- Shoppingcarts 599 photos, 45 members
- Trolley Spotting 1,195 photos, 161 members
- airports - streetstyle 1,006 photos, 639 members
- Non tutto,solo un po'.....(NOT ALL,ONLY A LITTLE.....) 26,163 photos, 1,446 members
- Faux Vintage 138,682 photos, 10,071 members
- 2008 Day-by-Day 70 photos, 20 members
- paper wall 460 photos, 152 members
- blue + rust 14,323 photos, 1,348 members
- All Favourite Photos 30,240 photos, 3,418 members
- Northern HDR 241 photos, 25 members
- No people (No landscape’s please. ) 14,201 photos, 1,394 members
- I see faces ( Not a Portrait Group ) 9,840 photos, 1,965 members
- Lifeless Faces - always something to talk to 9,588 photos, 1,364 members
- The Arctic and Antarctic environment 8,781 photos, 645 members
- Contrasts 18,868 photos, 430 members
- Contact's New Photos 405 photos, 103 members
- Archaeology of the Street 2,690 photos, 213 members
- 2006 Day-by-day 128 photos, 45 members
- I Love Signs 6,862 photos, 231 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 429,329 photos, 10,271 members
- Entrance to Hell 3,578 photos, 19,266 members
- 1,000 Invitational 4,732 photos, 1,843 members
- M/S Explorer - A tribute 129 photos, 26 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 16,628 photos, 17,528 members
- huis_van_oranje 2,018 photos, 84 members
- Bitter Irony 1,183 photos, 244 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 300,638 photos, 29,198 members
- The Magic Hour: Long Light (NOT sunset) 36,057 photos, 3,580 members
- Painted arrows 736 photos, 168 members
"Having lived in Whitehorse, the North has seeped into my bones. But circumstances have changed and work takes me elsewhere these days.
However, Amanda's photos bring the Yukon back with an astonishing eye and evocative detail. Perusing her flickr pages is the next best thing to being there."
December 11th, 2007
Bea Jay says:
"Extracting the essential, or the "story behind" views that might be "everyday life", giving them "new life".
Then also, her "everyday life" is in a part of the world that from here ... sounds "exotic". For me it's "window" to discover a world I saw from afar, and read about in Jack London's stories.
But then again, she has the talent to show how fascinating things like "simple" shopping carts can be!
Always fresh and new! How not to stop and look at the world illuminated by the Yukon White Light?"
October 24th, 2007
"I really appreciate dropping by to browse through Amandas photographs. Her pics always take me away to another world which is so far from the one I live in.
She has a keen eye for the beauty of details you may meet in your day-to-day life and she captures them in a great combination of colour and composition."
January 14th, 2007
"The camera is liquid in her hands, she is an un-stoppable Zen-like force.... !"
December 5th, 2006
"Yukon's pictures are beautiful eye candies!
her shots are smart, elegant and tender.
a short visit in her stream will fill up your favorites page :)
waiting for more to come!"
October 3rd, 2006
"Amanda is one of the most talented people I know. Her photographic abilities are obvious, but she is also an expert on history and all things northern. Behind the images displayed here is a person who writes, teaches, and advocates for the circumpolar world.
Amanda can converse at length on almost any subject. She's a pleasant and helpful person willing to share her unique vision and knowledge with those around her.
Please keep those great photos coming Amanda."
September 5th, 2006
- Amanda Graham
- September 2005
- Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
- I am: