Instructor of Northern and Circumpolar Studies at Yukon College, Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. I rarely leave the house without a camera.
If you're interested in Yukon weather, see this Environment Canada web page current-conditions summary.
Current Flickr Code is F6 | c+ f++ g+ m+ s(a, and sometimes e)
I'm also posting photographs to WanderingWhitehorse to share location pictures of Whitehorse for use by other instructors teaching University of the Arctic Circumpolar Studies courses. The photos are available for educational or non-profit use under a Creative Commons licence.
See Whitehorse on Google Maps.
My most interesting pictures collated by a tool by isaias.com.mx
- Street Themes #17 - Balloons 5,514 photos, 331 members
- A través de... (through) 24,206 photos, 1,885 members
- 54 Degrees and More 395 photos, 18 members
- Luftschlösser 254 photos, 26 members
- Looking Down ... Pictograms and Road Markings 464 photos, 57 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,507 photos, 5,117 members
- Passion for windows and doors on the world 15,467 photos, 443 members
- Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or Landscapes.P1- 69,440 photos, 4,265 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 489,905 photos, 63,461 members
- Travel Yukon 887 photos, 54 members
- Cold United 16,841 photos, 1,004 members
- Oslo Airport Gardermoen (OSL) 6,404 photos, 66 members
- Anthropomorphic Curated 1,503 photos, 140 members
- Canada's Northern House Photo Pool 765 photos, 71 members
- green + rust 7,822 photos, 644 members
- Globe and Mail Reader Submissions 52,780 photos, 5,272 members
- Türen/Tore/Doors/Portals 59,879 photos, 5,314 members
- Campers in the Walmart Parking Lot 27 photos, 78 members
- Colour Chart 3,259 photos, 2,005 members
- Singin' The Blues - P1/A2 16,632 photos, 5,507 members
- red + rust 5,341 photos, 501 members
- Shoppingcarts 590 photos, 42 members
- Trolley Spotting 1,097 photos, 152 members
- airports - streetstyle 1,012 photos, 623 members
- Non tutto,solo un po'.....(NOT ALL,ONLY A LITTLE.....) 25,528 photos, 1,435 members
- Faux Vintage 135,770 photos, 10,035 members
- 2008 Day-by-Day 70 photos, 20 members
- paper wall 447 photos, 145 members
- blue + rust 13,890 photos, 1,340 members
- All Favourite Photos 30,081 photos, 3,376 members
- Northern HDR 187 photos, 22 members
- No people (No landscape’s please. ) 14,252 photos, 1,394 members
- I see faces ( Not a Portrait Group ) 9,120 photos, 1,930 members
- Lifeless Faces - always something to talk to 9,242 photos, 1,312 members
- The Arctic and Antarctic environment 7,728 photos, 602 members
- Contrasts 18,851 photos, 433 members
- Contact's New Photos 405 photos, 103 members
- Archaeology of the Street 2,421 photos, 209 members
- 2006 Day-by-day 128 photos, 45 members
- I Love Signs 5,760 photos, 219 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 366,272 photos, 9,582 members
- Entrance to Hell 3,590 photos, 17,337 members
- 1,000 Invitational 4,786 photos, 1,854 members
- M/S Explorer - A tribute 129 photos, 24 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 15,880 photos, 15,911 members
- huis_van_oranje 1,941 photos, 84 members
- Bitter Irony 1,087 photos, 246 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 292,407 photos, 29,172 members
- The Magic Hour: Long Light (NOT sunset) 32,541 photos, 3,371 members
- Painted arrows 720 photos, 164 members
"Having lived in Whitehorse, the North has seeped into my bones. But circumstances have changed and work takes me elsewhere these days.
However, Amanda's photos bring the Yukon back with an astonishing eye and evocative detail. Perusing her flickr pages is the next best thing to being there."
December 11th, 2007
Bea Jay says:
"Extracting the essential, or the "story behind" views that might be "everyday life", giving them "new life".
Then also, her "everyday life" is in a part of the world that from here ... sounds "exotic". For me it's "window" to discover a world I saw from afar, and read about in Jack London's stories.
But then again, she has the talent to show how fascinating things like "simple" shopping carts can be!
Always fresh and new! How not to stop and look at the world illuminated by the Yukon White Light?"
October 24th, 2007
"I really appreciate dropping by to browse through Amandas photographs. Her pics always take me away to another world which is so far from the one I live in.
She has a keen eye for the beauty of details you may meet in your day-to-day life and she captures them in a great combination of colour and composition."
January 14th, 2007
"The camera is liquid in her hands, she is an un-stoppable Zen-like force.... !"
December 5th, 2006
"Yukon's pictures are beautiful eye candies!
her shots are smart, elegant and tender.
a short visit in her stream will fill up your favorites page :)
waiting for more to come!"
October 3rd, 2006
"Amanda is one of the most talented people I know. Her photographic abilities are obvious, but she is also an expert on history and all things northern. Behind the images displayed here is a person who writes, teaches, and advocates for the circumpolar world.
Amanda can converse at length on almost any subject. She's a pleasant and helpful person willing to share her unique vision and knowledge with those around her.
Please keep those great photos coming Amanda."
September 5th, 2006
- Amanda Graham
- September 2005
- Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
- I am: