Instructor of Northern and Circumpolar Studies at Yukon College, Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. I rarely leave the house without a camera.
If you're interested in Yukon weather, see this Environment Canada web page current-conditions summary.
Current Flickr Code is F6 | c+ f++ g+ m+ s(a, and sometimes e)
I'm also posting photographs to WanderingWhitehorse to share location pictures of Whitehorse for use by other instructors teaching University of the Arctic Circumpolar Studies courses. The photos are available for educational or non-profit use under a Creative Commons licence.
See Whitehorse on Google Maps.
My most interesting pictures collated by a tool by isaias.com.mx
- Street Themes #19 - Eating in motion 5,516 photos, 358 members
- A través de... (through) 30,338 photos, 2,136 members
- 54 Degrees and More 1,121 photos, 19 members
- Luftschlösser 271 photos, 25 members
- Looking Down ... Pictograms and Road Markings 515 photos, 58 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 40,908 photos, 5,107 members
- Passion for windows and doors on the world 21,981 photos, 551 members
- Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or Landscapes.P1- 82,901 photos, 4,632 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 487,442 photos, 63,698 members
- Travel Yukon 1,384 photos, 65 members
- Cold United 19,364 photos, 1,114 members
- Oslo Airport Gardermoen (OSL) 8,641 photos, 79 members
- Anthropomorphic Curated 1,456 photos, 136 members
- Canada's Northern House Photo Pool 808 photos, 84 members
- green + rust 8,965 photos, 698 members
- Globe and Mail Reader Submissions 50,842 photos, 5,187 members
- Türen/Tore/Doors/Portals 64,755 photos, 5,362 members
- Campers in the Walmart Parking Lot 29 photos, 78 members
- Colour Chart 3,234 photos, 1,993 members
- Singin' The Blues - P1/A2 19,207 photos, 5,471 members
- red + rust 5,535 photos, 509 members
- Shoppingcarts 599 photos, 45 members
- Trolley Spotting 1,197 photos, 160 members
- airports - streetstyle 1,006 photos, 637 members
- Non tutto,solo un po'.....(NOT ALL,ONLY A LITTLE.....) 26,213 photos, 1,448 members
- Faux Vintage 139,334 photos, 10,057 members
- 2008 Day-by-Day 70 photos, 20 members
- paper wall 462 photos, 153 members
- blue + rust 14,223 photos, 1,345 members
- All Favourite Photos 30,208 photos, 3,423 members
- Northern HDR 247 photos, 25 members
- No people (No landscape’s please. ) 14,163 photos, 1,397 members
- I see faces ( Not a Portrait Group ) 9,892 photos, 1,971 members
- Lifeless Faces - always something to talk to 9,681 photos, 1,377 members
- The Arctic and Antarctic environment 9,110 photos, 656 members
- Contrasts 18,875 photos, 429 members
- Contact's New Photos 405 photos, 103 members
- Archaeology of the Street 2,725 photos, 214 members
- 2006 Day-by-day 128 photos, 45 members
- I Love Signs 7,263 photos, 233 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 445,205 photos, 10,428 members
- Entrance to Hell 3,570 photos, 19,193 members
- 1,000 Invitational 4,714 photos, 1,837 members
- M/S Explorer - A tribute 129 photos, 26 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 16,746 photos, 17,762 members
- huis_van_oranje 2,019 photos, 83 members
- Bitter Irony 1,189 photos, 244 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 302,920 photos, 29,193 members
- The Magic Hour: Long Light (NOT sunset) 37,084 photos, 3,636 members
- Painted arrows 749 photos, 167 members
"Having lived in Whitehorse, the North has seeped into my bones. But circumstances have changed and work takes me elsewhere these days.
However, Amanda's photos bring the Yukon back with an astonishing eye and evocative detail. Perusing her flickr pages is the next best thing to being there."
December 11th, 2007
Bea Jay says:
"Extracting the essential, or the "story behind" views that might be "everyday life", giving them "new life".
Then also, her "everyday life" is in a part of the world that from here ... sounds "exotic". For me it's "window" to discover a world I saw from afar, and read about in Jack London's stories.
But then again, she has the talent to show how fascinating things like "simple" shopping carts can be!
Always fresh and new! How not to stop and look at the world illuminated by the Yukon White Light?"
October 24th, 2007
"I really appreciate dropping by to browse through Amandas photographs. Her pics always take me away to another world which is so far from the one I live in.
She has a keen eye for the beauty of details you may meet in your day-to-day life and she captures them in a great combination of colour and composition."
January 14th, 2007
"The camera is liquid in her hands, she is an un-stoppable Zen-like force.... !"
December 5th, 2006
"Yukon's pictures are beautiful eye candies!
her shots are smart, elegant and tender.
a short visit in her stream will fill up your favorites page :)
waiting for more to come!"
October 3rd, 2006
"Amanda is one of the most talented people I know. Her photographic abilities are obvious, but she is also an expert on history and all things northern. Behind the images displayed here is a person who writes, teaches, and advocates for the circumpolar world.
Amanda can converse at length on almost any subject. She's a pleasant and helpful person willing to share her unique vision and knowledge with those around her.
Please keep those great photos coming Amanda."
September 5th, 2006
- Amanda Graham
- September 2005
- Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
- I am: