I am a happy husband, and father of 8 children, 7 surviving.
I work a regular job in the high tech industry, but find some time to play photographer for my children's activities. I take a *lot* of photos (especially during the summer swim team season), and need to remember to use the delete key more.
I enjoy it when someone makes any of my photos as a "favorite" or leaves a comment.
If you or your children are in one of my photos, you're welcome to download and print it. No other uses without permission.
I currently use a
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV DSLR or a Canon EOS-1D Mark II N DSLR for most of my photography, with either a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens or a Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM lens for almost all of my photography.
My backup camera is my wife's Canon EOS 5D Mark II.
We sometimes use a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Standard Zoom Lens.
A typical kids swim meet results in between 4000-6000 photos when I shoot it. I try to edit the sets down to about 100 photos per stroke, and aim for three shots of each swimmer from our team.
I used to use a Canon 20D with an EF-S 17-85mm lens, but the camera's shutter broke halfway through the 2007 swim team season, with only about 45k photos through it. Otherwise, it was a pretty good camera. It was our first DSLR, and I liked it a lot. The first generation EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS lens I got for it was a loser, though. I wore out a 20D, a 30D, and a 40D but my 1-series bodies for sport shooting are still going strong, with only one repair among them so far.
Photos of C-Serpents (5)
- KIDS! (Safe and well moderated) 5,036 photos, 90 members
- Canon EOS-1D IV 2,293 photos, 22 members
- Canon 1D Mark IV 8,376 photos, 202 members
- Canon 1D Mark IV User Group 27,961 photos, 706 members
- Canon 1D Mark IV Users 22,413 photos, 471 members
- Canon EOS 1D 5D 6D 29,922 photos, 1,080 members
- Kinder und Jugend Sport/ Child and Youth Sports 8,685 photos, 234 members
- Canon EOS-1D Mark IIN 4,575 photos, 203 members
- Canon EF 28-70 f/2.8 L 5,567 photos, 521 members
- Canon L Lenses 534,232 photos, 7,227 members
- Canon EF 24-70mm 1:2.8 L USM 24,969 photos, 1,393 members
- Canon stunning photos 53,377 photos, 819 members
- Canon Equipment 17,852 photos, 211 members
- canon 1d mark III 7,563 photos, 78 members
- Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III 9,319 photos, 1,080 members
- Canon EOS 1d mk III 228 photos, 27 members
- Canon EOS SLR 269,250 photos, 4,253 members
- Canon EOS 1D Mark IV 9,764 photos, 340 members
- Canon EOS 1D (all models) 5,585 photos, 65 members
- Canon EOS-1D Mark III 24,661 photos, 639 members
- Canon EOS 1D Mark II 12,044 photos, 572 members
- Canon EOS-1D III Users 42,500 photos, 1,645 members
- Canterbury Woods C-Serpents 2009 7,315 photos, 1 member
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Mark III & Mark IV Group 931,953 photos, 27,938 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,712,447 photos, 188,105 members
- De-Motivators 1,416 photos, 657 members
- Canterbury Woods C-Serpents 2007 2,410 photos, 5 members
C-Serpents doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- July 2007
- Annandale, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken