Jakob was born on the 17th of June, 1982, in Freiburg, Germany. His father, Paolo, was a student of Philosophy at the time. From very early on, Jakob was surrounded by art in the form of writings, poetry, music, paintings and finally films.
After noticing his son's creativity, his father would expose Jakob to as much art as possible, supporting him in whatever ways he could afford. Seing the BLUES BROTHERS movie at the tender age of 10 spiked Jakob's interest into films even more. From then on, using his father's camcorder, he'd spend hours shooting stop motion pieces using nothing but Lego. Jakob did not once spend his pocket money on something else but on tickets to the cinema during his youth.
In 1998, Jakob submitted an short film with a digital spider to a local festival and won a prize. Even though the prize was small, it had a huge impact on Jakob and lead to much bigger things, as it threw him on the track of film making. What followed were internships with photographers and an apprenticeship in Frankfurt focusing on Media Design, where he learned the tools of the trade - from image manipulation over camera aperture to 3D animation. In 2003, Jakob finally saw the film that would change his life, that inspired him to fully focus on films, filmmaking and everything around it - it was Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 which is, in Jakob's opinion, a film in perfect harmony. "Since film is not one but many arts mashed together, it is rare that every aspect is working together as perfectly as in KILL BILL: VOLUME 1."
After visiting the Festival de Cannes in 2005, Jakob moved shortly afterwards to the New York of the East, Shanghai, China, and started to shoot. Within 5 years, Jakob did not only work for high profile clients such as Porsche, Dell and Microsoft, but also managed to open his own production company, MK Media Productions, to do Shanghai Video Production, write three feature film scripts, work on the big budget production JOHN RABE in the visual effect crew, and shoot his first feature film - THE WAY OF THE SPUR. He is now living in Saarbrücken, Germany, with his wife Jiajia and daughter Emily, working for the full service advertising agency m&r Kreativ GmbH.
Photos of jakob.montrasio.net (4)
- Simply the best photography 721 photos, 596 members
- All Free Pictures (Creative Commons and Public Domain) 131,275 photos, 5,535 members
- World Cultural Heritage | Völklinger Hütte | 2,025 photos, 143 members
- *** Point of View HQ Only *** 2,759 photos, 152 members
- All about Groups. 0 photos, 159 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,748,708 photos, 524,578 members
- Schule 742 photos, 53 members
- Dignified Beauty 10,538 photos, 897 members
- iPhoneography 450,783 photos, 13,351 members
- Odenwaldschule (OSO) 61 photos, 1 member
- MOON Shots 137,727 photos, 26,521 members
- Saint-Tropez 3,145 photos, 222 members
- Saint-Tropez Pictures 2,183 photos, 431 members
- French Riviera - Côte d'Azur 23,578 photos, 1,592 members
- Cote d'Azur 8,166 photos, 422 members
- ☆ C O T E D' A Z U R 1,540 photos, 221 members
- french riviera, Nice, Monaco, Saint tropez..... 20,283 photos, 1,481 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 42,051 photos, 3,625 members
- Long Exposures 666,630 photos, 45,251 members
- Dynamic Light Enhanced! 347 photos, 33 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 122,143 photos, 3,565 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,087,490 photos, 116,858 members
- 645 Pro Street 77 photos, 14 members
- 645 Pro iPhoneography 2,061 photos, 281 members
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA 60 photos, 26 members
- Red Users 2 photos, 28 members
- REDUSER 376 photos, 58 members
- Shot on a RED 2 photos, 5 members
- All the awesomeness of TBG - Biscuits and.. Discuss.. 63,146 photos, 464 members
- She's a flirt 180 photos, 240 members
- All People 4,324,363 photos, 118,910 members
- Creative Commons Quality Photos for Free 33,174 photos, 629 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,484 photos, 2,768 members
- Creative Commons - The Best Photos 9,790 photos, 507 members
- Women I Love 50,797 photos, 3,149 members
- Women - Portraits of seduction and passion 54,062 photos, 3,503 members
- Women Women Women 319,686 photos, 9,451 members
- Nice pictures 2,970,778 photos, 57,652 members
- Hyderabad Models & Fashion Photographers 6,650 photos, 788 members
- BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and MEN 74,820 photos, 2,286 members
- Flickers Photo Club V2.0 72,291 photos, 2,308 members
- #Beautiful Real People Of Flickr ALL AGES >Join 5,146 photos, 6,042 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 501,335 photos, 21,447 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 616,009 photos, 23,211 members
- Asian Beauty:中国 日本 韩国 Malay Pinay Sing 台灣 Thai 373,801 photos, 21,175 members
- Hong Kong Images 176,325 photos, 4,438 members
- Hong Kong 香港 364,322 photos, 15,693 members
- Hong Kong Nostalgia 懷舊香港 64,092 photos, 4,075 members
- Project Weather 632,333 photos, 93,931 members
- Christmas from around the world 2011 195 photos, 114 members
Mamushi Danny says:
"Ohayo Jakob san."
December 24th, 2006
"It was not the way I had pictured it. Afterwards, we had this amazing dim sum at a tiny restaurant whose name I can't remember. It started raining, and the air smelled of fall. We laughed trying to feed each other dumplings. And I had thought that buying the rings would be stressful."
October 3rd, 2006
( ) says:
"Hi! Such BEAUTIFUL city photos! I just got back from my first trip to London and I took a mass of pictures that I'll be eventually uploading ^^ Thanks for the add!"
September 21st, 2006
"Hello, thanks for the add. You have lots of photos, nice!"
September 18th, 2006
- Jakob Montrasio
- September 2005
- Heidelberg, Germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Frontend Developer
- Jakob Montrasio's Net.
- montrasio [at] gmail.com