Jakob was born on the 17th of June, 1982, in Freiburg, Germany. His father, Paolo, was a student of Philosophy at the time. From very early on, Jakob was surrounded by art in the form of writings, poetry, music, paintings and finally films.
After noticing his son's creativity, his father would expose Jakob to as much art as possible, supporting him in whatever ways he could afford. Seing the BLUES BROTHERS movie at the tender age of 10 spiked Jakob's interest into films even more. From then on, using his father's camcorder, he'd spend hours shooting stop motion pieces using nothing but Lego. Jakob did not once spend his pocket money on something else but on tickets to the cinema during his youth.
In 1998, Jakob submitted an short film with a digital spider to a local festival and won a prize. Even though the prize was small, it had a huge impact on Jakob and lead to much bigger things, as it threw him on the track of film making. What followed were internships with photographers and an apprenticeship in Frankfurt focusing on Media Design, where he learned the tools of the trade - from image manipulation over camera aperture to 3D animation. In 2003, Jakob finally saw the film that would change his life, that inspired him to fully focus on films, filmmaking and everything around it - it was Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 which is, in Jakob's opinion, a film in perfect harmony. "Since film is not one but many arts mashed together, it is rare that every aspect is working together as perfectly as in KILL BILL: VOLUME 1."
After visiting the Festival de Cannes in 2005, Jakob moved shortly afterwards to the New York of the East, Shanghai, China, and started to shoot. Within 5 years, Jakob did not only work for high profile clients such as Porsche, Dell and Microsoft, but also managed to open his own production company, MK Media Productions, to do Shanghai Video Production, write three feature film scripts, work on the big budget production JOHN RABE in the visual effect crew, and shoot his first feature film - THE WAY OF THE SPUR. He is now living in Saarbrücken, Germany, with his wife Jiajia and daughter Emily, working for the full service advertising agency m&r Kreativ GmbH.
Photos of jakob.montrasio.net (4)
- Composition Composition Composition 1,076 photos, 951 members
- Simply the best photography 1,055 photos, 784 members
- All Free Pictures (Creative Commons and Public Domain) 161,421 photos, 5,940 members
- World Cultural Heritage | Völklinger Hütte | 2,075 photos, 142 members
- *** Point of View HQ Only *** 2,789 photos, 153 members
- All about Groups. 0 photos, 156 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,838,736 photos, 548,886 members
- Schule 758 photos, 54 members
- Dignified Beauty 10,623 photos, 908 members
- iPhoneography 442,025 photos, 13,282 members
- Odenwaldschule (OSO) 61 photos, 1 member
- MOON Shots 141,567 photos, 26,684 members
- Saint-Tropez 3,182 photos, 222 members
- Saint-Tropez Pictures 2,191 photos, 430 members
- French Riviera - Côte d'Azur 23,953 photos, 1,602 members
- Cote d'Azur 8,455 photos, 428 members
- ☆ C O T E D' A Z U R 1,965 photos, 227 members
- french riviera, Nice, Monaco, Saint tropez..... 20,616 photos, 1,491 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 42,756 photos, 3,630 members
- Long Exposures 681,591 photos, 45,506 members
- Dynamic Light Enhanced! 347 photos, 33 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 125,762 photos, 3,589 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,450,183 photos, 119,039 members
- 645 Pro Street 79 photos, 14 members
- 645 Pro iPhoneography 2,109 photos, 278 members
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA 60 photos, 25 members
- Red Users 2 photos, 28 members
- REDUSER 376 photos, 58 members
- Shot on a RED 2 photos, 6 members
- All the awesomeness of TBG - Biscuits and.. Discuss.. 63,912 photos, 460 members
- She's a flirt 174 photos, 246 members
- All People 4,348,404 photos, 119,833 members
- Creative Commons Quality Photos for Free 33,664 photos, 643 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,405 photos, 2,748 members
- Creative Commons - The Best Photos 10,467 photos, 520 members
- Women I Love 53,161 photos, 3,318 members
- Women - Portraits of seduction and passion 55,274 photos, 3,582 members
- Women Women Women 379,401 photos, 9,748 members
- Nice pictures 3,150,207 photos, 59,552 members
- Hyderabad Models & Fashion Photographers 6,785 photos, 804 members
- BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and MEN 74,736 photos, 2,282 members
- Flickers Photo Club V2.0 72,779 photos, 2,311 members
- ! All Beautiful Real Members Of Flickr ALL AGES >Join 5,241 photos, 6,524 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 501,584 photos, 21,341 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 573,885 photos, 23,664 members
- Asian Beauty:中国 日本 韩国 Malay Pinay Sing 台灣 Thai 380,170 photos, 21,810 members
- Hong Kong Images 177,193 photos, 4,510 members
- Hong Kong 香港 361,262 photos, 15,791 members
- Hong Kong Nostalgia 懷舊香港 65,500 photos, 4,129 members
- Project Weather 628,244 photos, 93,311 members
unbiased road says:
"Ohayo Jakob san."
December 24th, 2006
"It was not the way I had pictured it. Afterwards, we had this amazing dim sum at a tiny restaurant whose name I can't remember. It started raining, and the air smelled of fall. We laughed trying to feed each other dumplings. And I had thought that buying the rings would be stressful."
October 3rd, 2006
( ) says:
"Hi! Such BEAUTIFUL city photos! I just got back from my first trip to London and I took a mass of pictures that I'll be eventually uploading ^^ Thanks for the add!"
September 21st, 2006
"Hello, thanks for the add. You have lots of photos, nice!"
September 18th, 2006
- Jakob Montrasio
- September 2005
- Heidelberg, Germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Frontend Developer
- Jakob Montrasio's Net.
- montrasio [at] gmail.com