Jakob was born on the 17th of June, 1982, in Freiburg, Germany. His father, Paolo, was a student of Philosophy at the time. From very early on, Jakob was surrounded by art in the form of writings, poetry, music, paintings and finally films.
After noticing his son's creativity, his father would expose Jakob to as much art as possible, supporting him in whatever ways he could afford. Seing the BLUES BROTHERS movie at the tender age of 10 spiked Jakob's interest into films even more. From then on, using his father's camcorder, he'd spend hours shooting stop motion pieces using nothing but Lego. Jakob did not once spend his pocket money on something else but on tickets to the cinema during his youth.
In 1998, Jakob submitted an short film with a digital spider to a local festival and won a prize. Even though the prize was small, it had a huge impact on Jakob and lead to much bigger things, as it threw him on the track of film making. What followed were internships with photographers and an apprenticeship in Frankfurt focusing on Media Design, where he learned the tools of the trade - from image manipulation over camera aperture to 3D animation. In 2003, Jakob finally saw the film that would change his life, that inspired him to fully focus on films, filmmaking and everything around it - it was Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 which is, in Jakob's opinion, a film in perfect harmony. "Since film is not one but many arts mashed together, it is rare that every aspect is working together as perfectly as in KILL BILL: VOLUME 1."
After visiting the Festival de Cannes in 2005, Jakob moved shortly afterwards to the New York of the East, Shanghai, China, and started to shoot. Within 5 years, Jakob did not only work for high profile clients such as Porsche, Dell and Microsoft, but also managed to open his own production company, MK Media Productions, to do Shanghai Video Production, write three feature film scripts, work on the big budget production JOHN RABE in the visual effect crew, and shoot his first feature film - THE WAY OF THE SPUR. He is now living in Saarbrücken, Germany, with his wife Jiajia and daughter Emily, working for the full service advertising agency m&r Kreativ GmbH.
Photos of jakob.montrasio.net (4)
- All Free Pictures (Creative Commons and Public Domain) 81,431 photos, 4,597 members
- World Cultural Heritage | Völklinger Hütte | 1,890 photos, 142 members
- *** Point of View HQ Only *** 2,713 photos, 165 members
- All about Groups. 0 photos, 159 members
- ■□Group with Ҽxperience■□ 3,653,178 photos, 485,648 members
- Schule 703 photos, 52 members
- Dignified Beauty 10,353 photos, 886 members
- iPhoneography 439,203 photos, 13,270 members
- Odenwaldschule (OSO) 61 photos, 1 member
- MOON Shots 132,118 photos, 26,094 members
- Saint-Tropez 3,061 photos, 205 members
- Saint-Tropez Pictures 2,137 photos, 424 members
- French Riviera - Côte d'Azur 22,570 photos, 1,552 members
- Cote d'Azur 7,643 photos, 401 members
- ☆ C O T E D' A Z U R 1,530 photos, 202 members
- french riviera, Nice, Monaco, Saint tropez..... 19,664 photos, 1,464 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 39,839 photos, 3,528 members
- Long Exposures 642,146 photos, 44,394 members
- Dynamic Light Enhanced! 337 photos, 33 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 107,983 photos, 3,502 members
- flickr (unofficial) 5,575,846 photos, 112,648 members
- 645 Pro Street 97 photos, 14 members
- 645 Pro iPhoneography 1,968 photos, 281 members
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA 60 photos, 26 members
- Red Users 2 photos, 27 members
- REDUSER 379 photos, 58 members
- Shot on a RED 2 photos, 5 members
- All the awesomeness of TBG - Biscuits and.. Discuss.. 60,845 photos, 451 members
- She's a flirt 267 photos, 222 members
- All People 4,269,337 photos, 116,005 members
- Creative Commons Quality Photos for Free 32,432 photos, 598 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,527 photos, 2,789 members
- Creative Commons - The Best Photos 8,747 photos, 490 members
- Women I Love 45,634 photos, 2,851 members
- Women - Portraits of seduction and passion 50,558 photos, 3,337 members
- Women Women Women 272,109 photos, 8,830 members
- Nice pictures 2,669,813 photos, 53,933 members
- Hyderabad Models & Fashion Photographers 6,129 photos, 757 members
- BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and MEN 72,376 photos, 2,282 members
- Flickers Photo Club V2.0 71,210 photos, 2,294 members
- Fit Beautiful Real People Of Flickr! 5,704 photos, 5,737 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 486,482 photos, 21,487 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 580,110 photos, 22,467 members
- Asian Beauty:中国 日本 韩国 Malay Pinay Sing 台灣 Thai 375,502 photos, 20,180 members
- Hong Kong Images 169,614 photos, 4,294 members
- Hong Kong 香港 357,081 photos, 15,406 members
- Hong Kong Nostalgia 懷舊香港 61,562 photos, 3,948 members
- Project Weather 638,766 photos, 94,181 members
- Christmas from around the world 2011 199 photos, 116 members
- Buddhism - practice and philosophy 22,974 photos, 2,544 members
Mamushi Danny says:
"Ohayo Jakob san."
December 24th, 2006
"It was not the way I had pictured it. Afterwards, we had this amazing dim sum at a tiny restaurant whose name I can't remember. It started raining, and the air smelled of fall. We laughed trying to feed each other dumplings. And I had thought that buying the rings would be stressful."
October 3rd, 2006
( ) says:
"Hi! Such BEAUTIFUL city photos! I just got back from my first trip to London and I took a mass of pictures that I'll be eventually uploading ^^ Thanks for the add!"
September 21st, 2006
"Hello, thanks for the add. You have lots of photos, nice!"
September 18th, 2006
- Jakob Montrasio
- September 2005
- Saarbrücken, Germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Media Design
- Jakob Montrasio's Net.
- montrasio [at] gmail.com