Jakob was born on the 17th of June, 1982, in Freiburg, Germany. His father, Paolo, was a student of Philosophy at the time. From very early on, Jakob was surrounded by art in the form of writings, poetry, music, paintings and finally films.
After noticing his son's creativity, his father would expose Jakob to as much art as possible, supporting him in whatever ways he could afford. Seing the BLUES BROTHERS movie at the tender age of 10 spiked Jakob's interest into films even more. From then on, using his father's camcorder, he'd spend hours shooting stop motion pieces using nothing but Lego. Jakob did not once spend his pocket money on something else but on tickets to the cinema during his youth.
In 1998, Jakob submitted an short film with a digital spider to a local festival and won a prize. Even though the prize was small, it had a huge impact on Jakob and lead to much bigger things, as it threw him on the track of film making. What followed were internships with photographers and an apprenticeship in Frankfurt focusing on Media Design, where he learned the tools of the trade - from image manipulation over camera aperture to 3D animation. In 2003, Jakob finally saw the film that would change his life, that inspired him to fully focus on films, filmmaking and everything around it - it was Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 which is, in Jakob's opinion, a film in perfect harmony. "Since film is not one but many arts mashed together, it is rare that every aspect is working together as perfectly as in KILL BILL: VOLUME 1."
After visiting the Festival de Cannes in 2005, Jakob moved shortly afterwards to the New York of the East, Shanghai, China, and started to shoot. Within 5 years, Jakob did not only work for high profile clients such as Porsche, Dell and Microsoft, but also managed to open his own production company, MK Media Productions, to do Shanghai Video Production, write three feature film scripts, work on the big budget production JOHN RABE in the visual effect crew, and shoot his first feature film - THE WAY OF THE SPUR. He is now living in Saarbrücken, Germany, with his wife Jiajia and daughter Emily, working for the full service advertising agency m&r Kreativ GmbH.
Photos of jakob.montrasio.net (4)
- Composition Composition Composition 1,506 photos, 1,061 members
- Simply the best photography 1,227 photos, 864 members
- All Free Pictures (Creative Commons and Public Domain) 173,044 photos, 6,054 members
- World Cultural Heritage | Völklinger Hütte | 2,097 photos, 144 members
- *** Point of View HQ Only *** 2,805 photos, 152 members
- All about Groups. 0 photos, 156 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,877,363 photos, 549,219 members
- Schule 772 photos, 54 members
- Dignified Beauty 10,713 photos, 910 members
- iPhoneography 441,416 photos, 13,267 members
- Odenwaldschule (OSO) 61 photos, 1 member
- MOON Shots 142,253 photos, 26,740 members
- Saint-Tropez 3,226 photos, 222 members
- Saint-Tropez Pictures 2,212 photos, 430 members
- French Riviera - Côte d'Azur 24,175 photos, 1,614 members
- Cote d'Azur 8,622 photos, 434 members
- ☆ C O T E D' A Z U R 1,969 photos, 233 members
- french riviera, Nice, Monaco, Saint tropez..... 20,852 photos, 1,495 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 42,919 photos, 3,640 members
- Long Exposures 687,896 photos, 45,666 members
- Dynamic Light Enhanced! 347 photos, 33 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 127,632 photos, 3,595 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,616,558 photos, 120,045 members
- 645 Pro Street 80 photos, 13 members
- 645 Pro iPhoneography 2,120 photos, 276 members
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA 59 photos, 25 members
- Red Users 2 photos, 28 members
- REDUSER 375 photos, 56 members
- Shot on a RED 2 photos, 6 members
- All the awesomeness of TBG - Biscuits and.. Discuss.. 63,958 photos, 466 members
- She's a flirt 173 photos, 243 members
- All People 4,220,177 photos, 119,746 members
- Creative Commons Quality Photos for Free 33,800 photos, 649 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,287 photos, 2,742 members
- Creative Commons - The Best Photos 10,780 photos, 524 members
- Women I Love 53,815 photos, 3,397 members
- Women - Portraits of seduction and passion 55,642 photos, 3,597 members
- Women Women Women 393,290 photos, 9,932 members
- Nice pictures 3,238,634 photos, 60,469 members
- Hyderabad Models & Fashion Photographers 6,970 photos, 811 members
- BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and MEN 74,260 photos, 2,285 members
- Flickers Photo Club V2.0 73,261 photos, 2,307 members
- ! All Beautiful Real Photos Of You ALL AGES >Join 5,394 photos, 6,769 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 503,955 photos, 21,310 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 587,379 photos, 24,124 members
- Asian Beauty:中国 日本 韩国 Malay Pinay Sing 台灣 Thai 383,535 photos, 22,125 members
- Hong Kong Images 178,047 photos, 4,535 members
- Hong Kong 香港 359,745 photos, 15,841 members
- Hong Kong Nostalgia 懷舊香港 65,844 photos, 4,155 members
- Project Weather 623,575 photos, 93,060 members
unbiased road says:
"Ohayo Jakob san."
December 24th, 2006
"It was not the way I had pictured it. Afterwards, we had this amazing dim sum at a tiny restaurant whose name I can't remember. It started raining, and the air smelled of fall. We laughed trying to feed each other dumplings. And I had thought that buying the rings would be stressful."
October 3rd, 2006
( ) says:
"Hi! Such BEAUTIFUL city photos! I just got back from my first trip to London and I took a mass of pictures that I'll be eventually uploading ^^ Thanks for the add!"
September 21st, 2006
"Hello, thanks for the add. You have lots of photos, nice!"
September 18th, 2006
- Jakob Montrasio
- September 2005
- Heidelberg, Germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Frontend Developer
- Jakob Montrasio's Net.
- montrasio [at] gmail.com