Jakob was born on the 17th of June, 1982, in Freiburg, Germany. His father, Paolo, was a student of Philosophy at the time. From very early on, Jakob was surrounded by art in the form of writings, poetry, music, paintings and finally films.
After noticing his son's creativity, his father would expose Jakob to as much art as possible, supporting him in whatever ways he could afford. Seing the BLUES BROTHERS movie at the tender age of 10 spiked Jakob's interest into films even more. From then on, using his father's camcorder, he'd spend hours shooting stop motion pieces using nothing but Lego. Jakob did not once spend his pocket money on something else but on tickets to the cinema during his youth.
In 1998, Jakob submitted an short film with a digital spider to a local festival and won a prize. Even though the prize was small, it had a huge impact on Jakob and lead to much bigger things, as it threw him on the track of film making. What followed were internships with photographers and an apprenticeship in Frankfurt focusing on Media Design, where he learned the tools of the trade - from image manipulation over camera aperture to 3D animation. In 2003, Jakob finally saw the film that would change his life, that inspired him to fully focus on films, filmmaking and everything around it - it was Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 which is, in Jakob's opinion, a film in perfect harmony. "Since film is not one but many arts mashed together, it is rare that every aspect is working together as perfectly as in KILL BILL: VOLUME 1."
After visiting the Festival de Cannes in 2005, Jakob moved shortly afterwards to the New York of the East, Shanghai, China, and started to shoot. Within 5 years, Jakob did not only work for high profile clients such as Porsche, Dell and Microsoft, but also managed to open his own production company, MK Media Productions, to do Shanghai Video Production, write three feature film scripts, work on the big budget production JOHN RABE in the visual effect crew, and shoot his first feature film - THE WAY OF THE SPUR. He is now living in Saarbrücken, Germany, with his wife Jiajia and daughter Emily, working for the full service advertising agency m&r Kreativ GmbH.
Photos of jakob.montrasio.net (4)
- All Free Pictures (Creative Commons and Public Domain) 103,857 photos, 5,114 members
- World Cultural Heritage | Völklinger Hütte | 1,971 photos, 143 members
- *** Point of View HQ Only *** 2,720 photos, 158 members
- All about Groups. 0 photos, 161 members
- ■□Group wi†h Ҽxperience■□ 3,636,106 photos, 502,698 members
- Schule 714 photos, 53 members
- Dignified Beauty 10,495 photos, 897 members
- iPhoneography 444,349 photos, 13,297 members
- Odenwaldschule (OSO) 61 photos, 1 member
- MOON Shots 133,991 photos, 26,245 members
- Saint-Tropez 3,101 photos, 214 members
- Saint-Tropez Pictures 2,159 photos, 428 members
- French Riviera - Côte d'Azur 23,033 photos, 1,583 members
- Cote d'Azur 7,891 photos, 414 members
- ☆ C O T E D' A Z U R 1,530 photos, 212 members
- french riviera, Nice, Monaco, Saint tropez..... 19,908 photos, 1,474 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 41,053 photos, 3,589 members
- Long Exposures 646,667 photos, 44,809 members
- Dynamic Light Enhanced! 340 photos, 33 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 113,532 photos, 3,538 members
- flickr (unofficial) 5,745,516 photos, 114,512 members
- 645 Pro Street 98 photos, 14 members
- 645 Pro iPhoneography 2,008 photos, 283 members
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA 60 photos, 26 members
- Red Users 2 photos, 27 members
- REDUSER 379 photos, 58 members
- Shot on a RED 2 photos, 5 members
- All the awesomeness of TBG - Biscuits and.. Discuss.. 62,171 photos, 455 members
- She's a flirt 270 photos, 229 members
- All People 4,359,639 photos, 117,355 members
- Creative Commons Quality Photos for Free 32,806 photos, 614 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,512 photos, 2,782 members
- Creative Commons - The Best Photos 9,371 photos, 496 members
- Women I Love 49,250 photos, 2,974 members
- Women - Portraits of seduction and passion 52,634 photos, 3,423 members
- Women Women Women 295,891 photos, 9,145 members
- Nice pictures 2,785,679 photos, 55,681 members
- Hyderabad Models & Fashion Photographers 6,325 photos, 767 members
- BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and MEN 74,106 photos, 2,285 members
- Flickers Photo Club V2.0 71,574 photos, 2,299 members
- Fit Beautiful Real People Of Flickr! 5,658 photos, 5,790 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 497,650 photos, 21,483 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 597,762 photos, 22,816 members
- Asian Beauty:中国 日本 韩国 Malay Pinay Sing 台灣 Thai 376,823 photos, 20,579 members
- Hong Kong Images 172,929 photos, 4,361 members
- Hong Kong 香港 360,607 photos, 15,528 members
- Hong Kong Nostalgia 懷舊香港 62,727 photos, 3,996 members
- Project Weather 636,715 photos, 94,054 members
- Christmas from around the world 2011 199 photos, 115 members
- Buddhism - practice and philosophy 23,490 photos, 2,548 members
Mamushi Danny says:
"Ohayo Jakob san."
December 24th, 2006
"It was not the way I had pictured it. Afterwards, we had this amazing dim sum at a tiny restaurant whose name I can't remember. It started raining, and the air smelled of fall. We laughed trying to feed each other dumplings. And I had thought that buying the rings would be stressful."
October 3rd, 2006
( ) says:
"Hi! Such BEAUTIFUL city photos! I just got back from my first trip to London and I took a mass of pictures that I'll be eventually uploading ^^ Thanks for the add!"
September 21st, 2006
"Hello, thanks for the add. You have lots of photos, nice!"
September 18th, 2006
- Jakob Montrasio
- September 2005
- Saarbrücken, Germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Media Design
- Jakob Montrasio's Net.
- montrasio [at] gmail.com