Jakob was born on the 17th of June, 1982, in Freiburg, Germany. His father, Paolo, was a student of Philosophy at the time. From very early on, Jakob was surrounded by art in the form of writings, poetry, music, paintings and finally films.
After noticing his son's creativity, his father would expose Jakob to as much art as possible, supporting him in whatever ways he could afford. Seing the BLUES BROTHERS movie at the tender age of 10 spiked Jakob's interest into films even more. From then on, using his father's camcorder, he'd spend hours shooting stop motion pieces using nothing but Lego. Jakob did not once spend his pocket money on something else but on tickets to the cinema during his youth.
In 1998, Jakob submitted an short film with a digital spider to a local festival and won a prize. Even though the prize was small, it had a huge impact on Jakob and lead to much bigger things, as it threw him on the track of film making. What followed were internships with photographers and an apprenticeship in Frankfurt focusing on Media Design, where he learned the tools of the trade - from image manipulation over camera aperture to 3D animation. In 2003, Jakob finally saw the film that would change his life, that inspired him to fully focus on films, filmmaking and everything around it - it was Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 which is, in Jakob's opinion, a film in perfect harmony. "Since film is not one but many arts mashed together, it is rare that every aspect is working together as perfectly as in KILL BILL: VOLUME 1."
After visiting the Festival de Cannes in 2005, Jakob moved shortly afterwards to the New York of the East, Shanghai, China, and started to shoot. Within 5 years, Jakob did not only work for high profile clients such as Porsche, Dell and Microsoft, but also managed to open his own production company, MK Media Productions, to do Shanghai Video Production, write three feature film scripts, work on the big budget production JOHN RABE in the visual effect crew, and shoot his first feature film - THE WAY OF THE SPUR. He is now living in Saarbrücken, Germany, with his wife Jiajia and daughter Emily, working for the full service advertising agency m&r Kreativ GmbH.
Photos of jakob.montrasio.net (4)
- Simply the best photography 938 photos, 708 members
- All Free Pictures (Creative Commons and Public Domain) 147,010 photos, 5,788 members
- World Cultural Heritage | Völklinger Hütte | 2,022 photos, 141 members
- *** Point of View HQ Only *** 2,777 photos, 154 members
- All about Groups. 0 photos, 156 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,781,824 photos, 539,020 members
- Schule 751 photos, 54 members
- Dignified Beauty 10,565 photos, 899 members
- iPhoneography 439,541 photos, 13,311 members
- Odenwaldschule (OSO) 61 photos, 1 member
- MOON Shots 139,295 photos, 26,540 members
- Saint-Tropez 3,170 photos, 220 members
- Saint-Tropez Pictures 2,183 photos, 428 members
- French Riviera - Côte d'Azur 23,732 photos, 1,598 members
- Cote d'Azur 8,256 photos, 421 members
- ☆ C O T E D' A Z U R 1,955 photos, 222 members
- french riviera, Nice, Monaco, Saint tropez..... 20,500 photos, 1,482 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 42,279 photos, 3,625 members
- Long Exposures 673,387 photos, 45,347 members
- Dynamic Light Enhanced! 348 photos, 33 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 124,938 photos, 3,577 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,252,062 photos, 117,901 members
- 645 Pro Street 78 photos, 14 members
- 645 Pro iPhoneography 2,086 photos, 278 members
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA 60 photos, 25 members
- Red Users 2 photos, 28 members
- REDUSER 376 photos, 58 members
- Shot on a RED 2 photos, 6 members
- All the awesomeness of TBG - Biscuits and.. Discuss.. 63,747 photos, 459 members
- She's a flirt 174 photos, 241 members
- All People 4,354,049 photos, 119,383 members
- Creative Commons Quality Photos for Free 33,431 photos, 636 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,424 photos, 2,752 members
- Creative Commons - The Best Photos 10,092 photos, 516 members
- Women I Love 52,096 photos, 3,231 members
- Women - Portraits of seduction and passion 54,737 photos, 3,540 members
- Women Women Women 342,590 photos, 9,564 members
- Nice pictures 3,042,586 photos, 58,612 members
- Hyderabad Models & Fashion Photographers 6,773 photos, 793 members
- BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and MEN 74,413 photos, 2,279 members
- Flickers Photo Club V2.0 72,543 photos, 2,306 members
- ! All Beautiful Real Members Of Flickr ALL AGES >Join 5,151 photos, 6,227 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 502,761 photos, 21,371 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 562,299 photos, 23,413 members
- Asian Beauty:中国 日本 韩国 Malay Pinay Sing 台灣 Thai 376,858 photos, 21,500 members
- Hong Kong Images 175,296 photos, 4,480 members
- Hong Kong 香港 357,127 photos, 15,734 members
- Hong Kong Nostalgia 懷舊香港 64,929 photos, 4,098 members
- Project Weather 629,921 photos, 93,444 members
- Christmas from around the world 2011 195 photos, 113 members
Mamushi Danny says:
"Ohayo Jakob san."
December 24th, 2006
"It was not the way I had pictured it. Afterwards, we had this amazing dim sum at a tiny restaurant whose name I can't remember. It started raining, and the air smelled of fall. We laughed trying to feed each other dumplings. And I had thought that buying the rings would be stressful."
October 3rd, 2006
( ) says:
"Hi! Such BEAUTIFUL city photos! I just got back from my first trip to London and I took a mass of pictures that I'll be eventually uploading ^^ Thanks for the add!"
September 21st, 2006
"Hello, thanks for the add. You have lots of photos, nice!"
September 18th, 2006
- Jakob Montrasio
- September 2005
- Heidelberg, Germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Frontend Developer
- Jakob Montrasio's Net.
- montrasio [at] gmail.com