Jakob was born on the 17th of June, 1982, in Freiburg, Germany. His father, Paolo, was a student of Philosophy at the time. From very early on, Jakob was surrounded by art in the form of writings, poetry, music, paintings and finally films.
After noticing his son's creativity, his father would expose Jakob to as much art as possible, supporting him in whatever ways he could afford. Seing the BLUES BROTHERS movie at the tender age of 10 spiked Jakob's interest into films even more. From then on, using his father's camcorder, he'd spend hours shooting stop motion pieces using nothing but Lego. Jakob did not once spend his pocket money on something else but on tickets to the cinema during his youth.
In 1998, Jakob submitted an short film with a digital spider to a local festival and won a prize. Even though the prize was small, it had a huge impact on Jakob and lead to much bigger things, as it threw him on the track of film making. What followed were internships with photographers and an apprenticeship in Frankfurt focusing on Media Design, where he learned the tools of the trade - from image manipulation over camera aperture to 3D animation. In 2003, Jakob finally saw the film that would change his life, that inspired him to fully focus on films, filmmaking and everything around it - it was Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 which is, in Jakob's opinion, a film in perfect harmony. "Since film is not one but many arts mashed together, it is rare that every aspect is working together as perfectly as in KILL BILL: VOLUME 1."
After visiting the Festival de Cannes in 2005, Jakob moved shortly afterwards to the New York of the East, Shanghai, China, and started to shoot. Within 5 years, Jakob did not only work for high profile clients such as Porsche, Dell and Microsoft, but also managed to open his own production company, MK Media Productions, to do Shanghai Video Production, write three feature film scripts, work on the big budget production JOHN RABE in the visual effect crew, and shoot his first feature film - THE WAY OF THE SPUR. He is now living in Saarbrücken, Germany, with his wife Jiajia and daughter Emily, working for the full service advertising agency m&r Kreativ GmbH.
Photos of jakob.montrasio.net (4)
- Simply the best photography 724 photos, 599 members
- All Free Pictures (Creative Commons and Public Domain) 131,589 photos, 5,535 members
- World Cultural Heritage | Völklinger Hütte | 2,025 photos, 143 members
- *** Point of View HQ Only *** 2,760 photos, 152 members
- All about Groups. 0 photos, 159 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,749,711 photos, 525,019 members
- Schule 742 photos, 53 members
- Dignified Beauty 10,542 photos, 897 members
- iPhoneography 450,859 photos, 13,353 members
- Odenwaldschule (OSO) 61 photos, 1 member
- MOON Shots 137,761 photos, 26,521 members
- Saint-Tropez 3,150 photos, 222 members
- Saint-Tropez Pictures 2,184 photos, 431 members
- French Riviera - Côte d'Azur 23,580 photos, 1,592 members
- Cote d'Azur 8,190 photos, 422 members
- ☆ C O T E D' A Z U R 1,541 photos, 221 members
- french riviera, Nice, Monaco, Saint tropez..... 20,285 photos, 1,481 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 42,043 photos, 3,626 members
- Long Exposures 665,565 photos, 45,256 members
- Dynamic Light Enhanced! 348 photos, 33 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 122,232 photos, 3,567 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,090,616 photos, 116,887 members
- 645 Pro Street 77 photos, 14 members
- 645 Pro iPhoneography 2,061 photos, 282 members
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA 60 photos, 26 members
- Red Users 2 photos, 28 members
- REDUSER 376 photos, 58 members
- Shot on a RED 2 photos, 5 members
- All the awesomeness of TBG - Biscuits and.. Discuss.. 63,148 photos, 463 members
- She's a flirt 180 photos, 240 members
- All People 4,324,945 photos, 118,930 members
- Creative Commons Quality Photos for Free 33,177 photos, 629 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,484 photos, 2,768 members
- Creative Commons - The Best Photos 9,793 photos, 508 members
- Women I Love 50,863 photos, 3,159 members
- Women - Portraits of seduction and passion 54,056 photos, 3,502 members
- Women Women Women 319,867 photos, 9,456 members
- Nice pictures 2,971,309 photos, 57,670 members
- Hyderabad Models & Fashion Photographers 6,651 photos, 788 members
- BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and MEN 74,834 photos, 2,283 members
- Flickers Photo Club V2.0 72,300 photos, 2,308 members
- #Beautiful Real People Of Flickr ALL AGES >Join 5,151 photos, 6,044 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 500,763 photos, 21,449 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 616,199 photos, 23,218 members
- Asian Beauty:中国 日本 韩国 Malay Pinay Sing 台灣 Thai 373,906 photos, 21,173 members
- Hong Kong Images 176,410 photos, 4,440 members
- Hong Kong 香港 364,169 photos, 15,695 members
- Hong Kong Nostalgia 懷舊香港 64,154 photos, 4,077 members
- Project Weather 631,763 photos, 93,928 members
- Christmas from around the world 2011 195 photos, 114 members
Mamushi Danny says:
"Ohayo Jakob san."
December 24th, 2006
"It was not the way I had pictured it. Afterwards, we had this amazing dim sum at a tiny restaurant whose name I can't remember. It started raining, and the air smelled of fall. We laughed trying to feed each other dumplings. And I had thought that buying the rings would be stressful."
October 3rd, 2006
( ) says:
"Hi! Such BEAUTIFUL city photos! I just got back from my first trip to London and I took a mass of pictures that I'll be eventually uploading ^^ Thanks for the add!"
September 21st, 2006
"Hello, thanks for the add. You have lots of photos, nice!"
September 18th, 2006
- Jakob Montrasio
- September 2005
- Heidelberg, Germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Frontend Developer
- Jakob Montrasio's Net.
- montrasio [at] gmail.com