Jakob was born on the 17th of June, 1982, in Freiburg, Germany. His father, Paolo, was a student of Philosophy at the time. From very early on, Jakob was surrounded by art in the form of writings, poetry, music, paintings and finally films.
After noticing his son's creativity, his father would expose Jakob to as much art as possible, supporting him in whatever ways he could afford. Seing the BLUES BROTHERS movie at the tender age of 10 spiked Jakob's interest into films even more. From then on, using his father's camcorder, he'd spend hours shooting stop motion pieces using nothing but Lego. Jakob did not once spend his pocket money on something else but on tickets to the cinema during his youth.
In 1998, Jakob submitted an short film with a digital spider to a local festival and won a prize. Even though the prize was small, it had a huge impact on Jakob and lead to much bigger things, as it threw him on the track of film making. What followed were internships with photographers and an apprenticeship in Frankfurt focusing on Media Design, where he learned the tools of the trade - from image manipulation over camera aperture to 3D animation. In 2003, Jakob finally saw the film that would change his life, that inspired him to fully focus on films, filmmaking and everything around it - it was Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 which is, in Jakob's opinion, a film in perfect harmony. "Since film is not one but many arts mashed together, it is rare that every aspect is working together as perfectly as in KILL BILL: VOLUME 1."
After visiting the Festival de Cannes in 2005, Jakob moved shortly afterwards to the New York of the East, Shanghai, China, and started to shoot. Within 5 years, Jakob did not only work for high profile clients such as Porsche, Dell and Microsoft, but also managed to open his own production company, MK Media Productions, to do Shanghai Video Production, write three feature film scripts, work on the big budget production JOHN RABE in the visual effect crew, and shoot his first feature film - THE WAY OF THE SPUR. He is now living in Saarbrücken, Germany, with his wife Jiajia and daughter Emily, working for the full service advertising agency m&r Kreativ GmbH.
Photos of @yakobusan Jakob Montrasio 孟亚柯 (4)
- World Cultural Heritage | Völklinger Hütte | 1,718 photos, 122 members
- *** Point of View HQ Only *** 2,464 photos, 180 members
- All about Groups. 0 photos, 157 members
- ♔Group wi†h Ҽxperience♔ 3,304,999 photos, 421,186 members
- Schule 593 photos, 50 members
- Dignified Beauty 9,278 photos, 824 members
- iPhoneography 421,929 photos, 13,084 members
- Odenwaldschule (OSO) 61 photos, 1 member
- MOON Shots 123,475 photos, 25,331 members
- Saint-Tropez 2,809 photos, 179 members
- Saint-Tropez Pictures 2,006 photos, 409 members
- French Riviera - Côte d'Azur 20,783 photos, 1,467 members
- Cote d'Azur 6,868 photos, 367 members
- ☆ C O T E D' A Z U R 1,536 photos, 164 members
- french riviera, Nice, Monaco, Saint tropez..... 19,063 photos, 1,418 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 35,143 photos, 3,322 members
- Long Exposures 576,696 photos, 42,426 members
- Dynamic Light Enhanced! 312 photos, 31 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 91,916 photos, 3,335 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,547,529 photos, 104,809 members
- 645 Pro Street 96 photos, 15 members
- 645 Pro iPhoneography 1,863 photos, 276 members
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA 57 photos, 23 members
- Red Users 2 photos, 26 members
- REDUSER 385 photos, 55 members
- Shot on a RED 2 photos, 4 members
- All the awesomeness of TBG - Biscuits and.. Discuss.. 55,444 photos, 419 members
- She's a flirt 272 photos, 194 members
- All People 3,930,571 photos, 109,940 members
- Creative Commons Quality Photos for Free 31,491 photos, 588 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,709 photos, 2,822 members
- Creative Commons - The Best Photos 6,600 photos, 463 members
- Women I Love 33,180 photos, 2,274 members
- Women - Portraits of seduction and passion 40,954 photos, 3,006 members
- Women Women Women 201,843 photos, 7,497 members
- Nice pictures 2,023,064 photos, 46,184 members
- Hyderabad Models & Fashion Photographers 5,406 photos, 718 members
- BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and MEN 64,925 photos, 2,215 members
- Flickers Photo Club V2.0 68,202 photos, 2,262 members
- Fit Beautiful people of Flickr! 7,184 photos, 5,599 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 444,557 photos, 21,243 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 511,541 photos, 21,115 members
- Asian Beauty:中国 日本 韩国 Malay Pinay Sing 台灣 Thai 347,946 photos, 18,829 members
- Hong Kong Images 157,656 photos, 4,038 members
- Hong Kong 香港 351,015 photos, 14,915 members
- Hong Kong Nostalgia 懷舊香港 57,775 photos, 3,749 members
- Project Weather 645,127 photos, 93,672 members
- Christmas from around the world 2011 181 photos, 113 members
- Buddhism - practice and philosophy 21,537 photos, 2,456 members
- zen 74,944 photos, 4,238 members
Mamushi Danny says:
"Ohayo Jakob san."
December 24th, 2006
"It was not the way I had pictured it. Afterwards, we had this amazing dim sum at a tiny restaurant whose name I can't remember. It started raining, and the air smelled of fall. We laughed trying to feed each other dumplings. And I had thought that buying the rings would be stressful."
October 3rd, 2006
( ) says:
"Hi! Such BEAUTIFUL city photos! I just got back from my first trip to London and I took a mass of pictures that I'll be eventually uploading ^^ Thanks for the add!"
September 21st, 2006
"Hello, thanks for the add. You have lots of photos, nice!"
September 18th, 2006
- Jakob Montrasio
- September 2005
- Saarbrücken, Germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Media Design
- Jakob Montrasio's Net.
- montrasio [at] gmail.com
- Yahoo! IM: