Jakob was born on the 17th of June, 1982, in Freiburg, Germany. His father, Paolo, was a student of Philosophy at the time. From very early on, Jakob was surrounded by art in the form of writings, poetry, music, paintings and finally films.
After noticing his son's creativity, his father would expose Jakob to as much art as possible, supporting him in whatever ways he could afford. Seing the BLUES BROTHERS movie at the tender age of 10 spiked Jakob's interest into films even more. From then on, using his father's camcorder, he'd spend hours shooting stop motion pieces using nothing but Lego. Jakob did not once spend his pocket money on something else but on tickets to the cinema during his youth.
In 1998, Jakob submitted an short film with a digital spider to a local festival and won a prize. Even though the prize was small, it had a huge impact on Jakob and lead to much bigger things, as it threw him on the track of film making. What followed were internships with photographers and an apprenticeship in Frankfurt focusing on Media Design, where he learned the tools of the trade - from image manipulation over camera aperture to 3D animation. In 2003, Jakob finally saw the film that would change his life, that inspired him to fully focus on films, filmmaking and everything around it - it was Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 which is, in Jakob's opinion, a film in perfect harmony. "Since film is not one but many arts mashed together, it is rare that every aspect is working together as perfectly as in KILL BILL: VOLUME 1."
After visiting the Festival de Cannes in 2005, Jakob moved shortly afterwards to the New York of the East, Shanghai, China, and started to shoot. Within 5 years, Jakob did not only work for high profile clients such as Porsche, Dell and Microsoft, but also managed to open his own production company, MK Media Productions, to do Shanghai Video Production, write three feature film scripts, work on the big budget production JOHN RABE in the visual effect crew, and shoot his first feature film - THE WAY OF THE SPUR. He is now living in Saarbrücken, Germany, with his wife Jiajia and daughter Emily, working for the full service advertising agency m&r Kreativ GmbH.
Photos of @yakobusan Jakob Montrasio 孟亚柯 (4)
- World Cultural Heritage | Völklinger Hütte | 1,579 photos, 116 members
- *** Point of View HQ Only *** 1,874 photos, 164 members
- All about Groups. 0 photos, 146 members
- ♔Group wi†h Ҽxperience♔ 2,958,401 photos, 367,030 members
- Schule 577 photos, 50 members
- Dignified Beauty 8,590 photos, 765 members
- iPhoneography 407,578 photos, 12,885 members
- Odenwaldschule (OSO) 61 photos, 1 member
- MOON Shots 117,699 photos, 24,668 members
- Saint-Tropez 2,629 photos, 165 members
- Saint-Tropez Pictures 1,963 photos, 400 members
- French Riviera - Côte d'Azur 19,276 photos, 1,422 members
- Cote d'Azur 6,451 photos, 350 members
- ☆ C O T E D' A Z U R 1,578 photos, 142 members
- french riviera, Nice, Monaco, Saint tropez..... 18,532 photos, 1,399 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 31,475 photos, 3,124 members
- Long Exposures 523,401 photos, 40,592 members
- Dynamic Light Enhanced! 291 photos, 30 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 80,026 photos, 3,213 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,771,284 photos, 99,392 members
- 645 Pro Street 96 photos, 15 members
- 645 Pro iPhoneography 1,753 photos, 280 members
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA 112 photos, 23 members
- Red Users 2 photos, 26 members
- REDUSER 383 photos, 54 members
- Shot on a RED 2 photos, 4 members
- All the awesomeness of TBG - Biscuits and.. Discuss.. 49,830 photos, 399 members
- She's a flirt 299 photos, 179 members
- All People 3,630,828 photos, 102,321 members
- Creative Commons Quality Photos for Free 30,113 photos, 519 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,814 photos, 2,841 members
- Creative Commons - The Best Photos 6,100 photos, 440 members
- Women I Love 28,179 photos, 1,919 members
- Women - Portraits of seduction and passion 34,565 photos, 2,779 members
- Women Women Women 159,789 photos, 6,493 members
- Nice pictures 1,538,747 photos, 38,027 members
- Hyderabad Models & Fashion Photographers 4,771 photos, 685 members
- BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and MEN 57,391 photos, 2,128 members
- Flickers Photo Club V2.0 65,891 photos, 2,246 members
- Fit Beautiful people of Flickr! 5,624 photos, 5,576 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 408,243 photos, 20,899 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 456,671 photos, 19,828 members
- Asian Beauty:中国 日本 韩国 Malay Pinay Sing 台灣 Thai 324,852 photos, 17,847 members
- Hong Kong Images 147,112 photos, 3,774 members
- Hong Kong 香港 333,466 photos, 14,349 members
- Hong Kong Nostalgia 懷舊香港 53,716 photos, 3,602 members
- Project Weather 634,883 photos, 90,754 members
- Christmas from around the world 2011 174 photos, 112 members
- Buddhism - practice and philosophy 20,394 photos, 2,378 members
- zen 72,499 photos, 4,174 members
Mamushi Danny says:
"Ohayo Jakob san."
December 24th, 2006
"It was not the way I had pictured it. Afterwards, we had this amazing dim sum at a tiny restaurant whose name I can't remember. It started raining, and the air smelled of fall. We laughed trying to feed each other dumplings. And I had thought that buying the rings would be stressful."
October 3rd, 2006
( ) says:
"Hi! Such BEAUTIFUL city photos! I just got back from my first trip to London and I took a mass of pictures that I'll be eventually uploading ^^ Thanks for the add!"
September 21st, 2006
"Hello, thanks for the add. You have lots of photos, nice!"
September 18th, 2006
- Jakob Montrasio
- September 2005
- Saarbrücken, Germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Media Design
- Jakob Montrasio's Net.
- montrasio [at] gmail.com
- Yahoo! IM: