Jakob was born on the 17th of June, 1982, in Freiburg, Germany. His father, Paolo, was a student of Philosophy at the time. From very early on, Jakob was surrounded by art in the form of writings, poetry, music, paintings and finally films.
After noticing his son's creativity, his father would expose Jakob to as much art as possible, supporting him in whatever ways he could afford. Seing the BLUES BROTHERS movie at the tender age of 10 spiked Jakob's interest into films even more. From then on, using his father's camcorder, he'd spend hours shooting stop motion pieces using nothing but Lego. Jakob did not once spend his pocket money on something else but on tickets to the cinema during his youth.
In 1998, Jakob submitted an short film with a digital spider to a local festival and won a prize. Even though the prize was small, it had a huge impact on Jakob and lead to much bigger things, as it threw him on the track of film making. What followed were internships with photographers and an apprenticeship in Frankfurt focusing on Media Design, where he learned the tools of the trade - from image manipulation over camera aperture to 3D animation. In 2003, Jakob finally saw the film that would change his life, that inspired him to fully focus on films, filmmaking and everything around it - it was Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 which is, in Jakob's opinion, a film in perfect harmony. "Since film is not one but many arts mashed together, it is rare that every aspect is working together as perfectly as in KILL BILL: VOLUME 1."
After visiting the Festival de Cannes in 2005, Jakob moved shortly afterwards to the New York of the East, Shanghai, China, and started to shoot. Within 5 years, Jakob did not only work for high profile clients such as Porsche, Dell and Microsoft, but also managed to open his own production company, MK Media Productions, to do Shanghai Video Production, write three feature film scripts, work on the big budget production JOHN RABE in the visual effect crew, and shoot his first feature film - THE WAY OF THE SPUR. He is now living in Saarbrücken, Germany, with his wife Jiajia and daughter Emily, working for the full service advertising agency m&r Kreativ GmbH.
Photos of @yakobusan Jakob Montrasio 孟亚柯 (4)
- World Cultural Heritage | Völklinger Hütte | 1,703 photos, 117 members
- *** Point of View HQ Only *** 2,029 photos, 177 members
- All about Groups. 0 photos, 150 members
- ♔Group wi†h Ҽxperience♔ 3,087,093 photos, 384,965 members
- Schule 584 photos, 50 members
- Dignified Beauty 8,810 photos, 789 members
- iPhoneography 412,227 photos, 12,974 members
- Odenwaldschule (OSO) 61 photos, 1 member
- MOON Shots 119,604 photos, 24,919 members
- Saint-Tropez 2,666 photos, 169 members
- Saint-Tropez Pictures 1,975 photos, 403 members
- French Riviera - Côte d'Azur 19,622 photos, 1,432 members
- Cote d'Azur 6,564 photos, 355 members
- ☆ C O T E D' A Z U R 1,586 photos, 148 members
- french riviera, Nice, Monaco, Saint tropez..... 18,601 photos, 1,409 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 33,024 photos, 3,178 members
- Long Exposures 541,333 photos, 41,310 members
- Dynamic Light Enhanced! 297 photos, 30 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 82,591 photos, 3,259 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,997,325 photos, 101,343 members
- 645 Pro Street 96 photos, 15 members
- 645 Pro iPhoneography 1,803 photos, 276 members
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA 46 photos, 22 members
- Red Users 2 photos, 26 members
- REDUSER 384 photos, 54 members
- Shot on a RED 2 photos, 4 members
- All the awesomeness of TBG - Biscuits and.. Discuss.. 51,517 photos, 404 members
- She's a flirt 287 photos, 185 members
- All People 3,721,204 photos, 105,054 members
- Creative Commons Quality Photos for Free 28,942 photos, 537 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,788 photos, 2,837 members
- Creative Commons - The Best Photos 6,330 photos, 447 members
- Women I Love 29,960 photos, 2,023 members
- Women - Portraits of seduction and passion 36,195 photos, 2,860 members
- Women Women Women 170,948 photos, 6,823 members
- Nice pictures 1,679,781 photos, 40,762 members
- Hyderabad Models & Fashion Photographers 5,173 photos, 698 members
- BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and MEN 60,226 photos, 2,168 members
- Flickers Photo Club V2.0 66,603 photos, 2,249 members
- Fit Beautiful people of Flickr! 6,099 photos, 5,579 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 418,306 photos, 21,025 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 471,253 photos, 20,275 members
- Asian Beauty:中国 日本 韩国 Malay Pinay Sing 台灣 Thai 332,376 photos, 18,158 members
- Hong Kong Images 151,033 photos, 3,854 members
- Hong Kong 香港 339,305 photos, 14,543 members
- Hong Kong Nostalgia 懷舊香港 54,948 photos, 3,636 members
- Project Weather 645,337 photos, 92,135 members
- Christmas from around the world 2011 181 photos, 115 members
- Buddhism - practice and philosophy 20,685 photos, 2,401 members
- zen 73,056 photos, 4,197 members
Mamushi Danny says:
"Ohayo Jakob san."
December 24th, 2006
"It was not the way I had pictured it. Afterwards, we had this amazing dim sum at a tiny restaurant whose name I can't remember. It started raining, and the air smelled of fall. We laughed trying to feed each other dumplings. And I had thought that buying the rings would be stressful."
October 3rd, 2006
( ) says:
"Hi! Such BEAUTIFUL city photos! I just got back from my first trip to London and I took a mass of pictures that I'll be eventually uploading ^^ Thanks for the add!"
September 21st, 2006
"Hello, thanks for the add. You have lots of photos, nice!"
September 18th, 2006
- Jakob Montrasio
- September 2005
- Saarbrücken, Germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Media Design
- Jakob Montrasio's Net.
- montrasio [at] gmail.com
- Yahoo! IM: