Jakob was born on the 17th of June, 1982, in Freiburg, Germany. His father, Paolo, was a student of Philosophy at the time. From very early on, Jakob was surrounded by art in the form of writings, poetry, music, paintings and finally films.
After noticing his son's creativity, his father would expose Jakob to as much art as possible, supporting him in whatever ways he could afford. Seing the BLUES BROTHERS movie at the tender age of 10 spiked Jakob's interest into films even more. From then on, using his father's camcorder, he'd spend hours shooting stop motion pieces using nothing but Lego. Jakob did not once spend his pocket money on something else but on tickets to the cinema during his youth.
In 1998, Jakob submitted an short film with a digital spider to a local festival and won a prize. Even though the prize was small, it had a huge impact on Jakob and lead to much bigger things, as it threw him on the track of film making. What followed were internships with photographers and an apprenticeship in Frankfurt focusing on Media Design, where he learned the tools of the trade - from image manipulation over camera aperture to 3D animation. In 2003, Jakob finally saw the film that would change his life, that inspired him to fully focus on films, filmmaking and everything around it - it was Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 which is, in Jakob's opinion, a film in perfect harmony. "Since film is not one but many arts mashed together, it is rare that every aspect is working together as perfectly as in KILL BILL: VOLUME 1."
After visiting the Festival de Cannes in 2005, Jakob moved shortly afterwards to the New York of the East, Shanghai, China, and started to shoot. Within 5 years, Jakob did not only work for high profile clients such as Porsche, Dell and Microsoft, but also managed to open his own production company, MK Media Productions, to do Shanghai Video Production, write three feature film scripts, work on the big budget production JOHN RABE in the visual effect crew, and shoot his first feature film - THE WAY OF THE SPUR. He is now living in Saarbrücken, Germany, with his wife Jiajia and daughter Emily, working for the full service advertising agency m&r Kreativ GmbH.
Photos of @yakobusan Jakob Montrasio 孟亚柯 (4)
- World Cultural Heritage | Völklinger Hütte | 1,734 photos, 128 members
- *** Point of View HQ Only *** 2,735 photos, 177 members
- All about Groups. 0 photos, 158 members
- ｡˚ ◢Group wi†h Ҽxperience◣º° 3,443,305 photos, 445,409 members
- Schule 617 photos, 51 members
- Dignified Beauty 9,698 photos, 854 members
- iPhoneography 429,404 photos, 13,162 members
- Odenwaldschule (OSO) 61 photos, 1 member
- MOON Shots 127,832 photos, 25,799 members
- Saint-Tropez 2,929 photos, 194 members
- Saint-Tropez Pictures 2,059 photos, 415 members
- French Riviera - Côte d'Azur 21,468 photos, 1,509 members
- Cote d'Azur 6,999 photos, 377 members
- ☆ C O T E D' A Z U R 1,525 photos, 181 members
- french riviera, Nice, Monaco, Saint tropez..... 19,291 photos, 1,436 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 36,959 photos, 3,397 members
- Long Exposures 603,345 photos, 43,263 members
- Dynamic Light Enhanced! 329 photos, 32 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 97,891 photos, 3,400 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,959,674 photos, 107,654 members
- 645 Pro Street 96 photos, 14 members
- 645 Pro iPhoneography 1,918 photos, 283 members
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA 60 photos, 26 members
- Red Users 2 photos, 27 members
- REDUSER 378 photos, 57 members
- Shot on a RED 2 photos, 5 members
- All the awesomeness of TBG - Biscuits and.. Discuss.. 57,860 photos, 436 members
- She's a flirt 278 photos, 205 members
- All People 4,077,049 photos, 112,579 members
- Creative Commons Quality Photos for Free 31,756 photos, 591 members
- Creative Commons- Free Pictures (no new members!) 14,635 photos, 2,808 members
- Creative Commons - The Best Photos 7,123 photos, 477 members
- Women I Love 37,755 photos, 2,514 members
- Women - Portraits of seduction and passion 44,723 photos, 3,136 members
- Women Women Women 227,656 photos, 8,026 members
- Nice pictures 2,284,981 photos, 49,295 members
- Hyderabad Models & Fashion Photographers 5,603 photos, 729 members
- BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and MEN 67,742 photos, 2,245 members
- Flickers Photo Club V2.0 69,026 photos, 2,276 members
- Fit Beautiful people of Flickr! 8,111 photos, 5,626 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 462,916 photos, 21,326 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 539,352 photos, 21,721 members
- Asian Beauty:中国 日本 韩国 Malay Pinay Sing 台灣 Thai 358,999 photos, 19,326 members
- Hong Kong Images 161,866 photos, 4,127 members
- Hong Kong 香港 352,370 photos, 15,100 members
- Hong Kong Nostalgia 懷舊香港 59,245 photos, 3,822 members
- Project Weather 641,697 photos, 94,035 members
- Christmas from around the world 2011 178 photos, 113 members
- Buddhism - practice and philosophy 22,070 photos, 2,488 members
- zen 76,579 photos, 4,267 members
Mamushi Danny says:
"Ohayo Jakob san."
December 24th, 2006
"It was not the way I had pictured it. Afterwards, we had this amazing dim sum at a tiny restaurant whose name I can't remember. It started raining, and the air smelled of fall. We laughed trying to feed each other dumplings. And I had thought that buying the rings would be stressful."
October 3rd, 2006
( ) says:
"Hi! Such BEAUTIFUL city photos! I just got back from my first trip to London and I took a mass of pictures that I'll be eventually uploading ^^ Thanks for the add!"
September 21st, 2006
"Hello, thanks for the add. You have lots of photos, nice!"
September 18th, 2006
- Jakob Montrasio
- September 2005
- Saarbrücken, Germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Media Design
- Jakob Montrasio's Net.
- montrasio [at] gmail.com
- Yahoo! IM: