- Toronto Is Awesome 6,449 photos, 160 members
- The Grid – Toronto 5,922 photos, 177 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2011 163 photos, 15 members
- tiffr 13 photos, 5 members
- ddoi live - June 2011 9 photos, 3 members
- ddoi live - May 2011 72 photos, 6 members
- ddoi live workshop - September 2010 1 photo, 1 member
- Toronto International Film Festival 2010 571 photos, 75 members
- Low key 27,269 photos, 5,690 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2009 703 photos, 71 members
- RedBall Project 756 photos, 139 members
- Luminato 1,118 photos, 126 members
- Pinhole Photography 71,166 photos, 14,011 members
- Earth Mosaic 2009 8,560 photos, 2,623 members
- Cooliris | Endless Discovery 27,974 photos, 3,824 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2008 580 photos, 62 members
- Lightning 33,661 photos, 13,414 members
- BikingToronto 7,014 photos, 345 members
- Dundas Square 130 photos, 29 members
- Yonge & Dundas 936 photos, 133 members
- Quotografie 703 photos, 95 members
- The Unconscious Art of Demolition 516 photos, 742 members
- Time Lapse Videos 7,035 photos, 3,240 members
- Timelapse Videos 6,652 photos, 3,329 members
- ddoi workshop - 200803 21 photos, 7 members
- Portal 995 photos, 385 members
- Bridges of the World 71,325 photos, 7,797 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 154,723 photos, 16,880 members
- Lunar Eclipse - February 20, 2008 549 photos, 282 members
- The Florentine 2,471 photos, 244 members
- One Of A Kind 641,727 photos, 20,408 members
- Spacing spring 2008 • the Car issue 343 photos, 57 members
- toronto zombie walk 10,376 photos, 399 members
- Shot! 100 photos, 85 members
- Equirectangular 12,956 photos, 1,567 members
- Nuit Blanche for CBC Toronto 611 photos, 91 members
- NOW Magazine 37,893 photos, 1,107 members
- Movie Sets 3,663 photos, 459 members
- ON THE SET 3,367 photos, 302 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2007 379 photos, 51 members
- How We Are Now 5,039 photos, 2,654 members
- * making planets * 8,704 photos, 1,554 members
- Create Your Own Planets 18,532 photos, 5,489 members
- Santiago Calatrava's Architecture 9,526 photos, 1,436 members
- Opening night at the ROM - the Lee-Chin Crystal extension 150 photos, 23 members
- blogTO 216,834 photos, 6,420 members
- I deleted my JPG Magazine account 119 photos, 124 members
- Prison Break Fans 137 photos, 233 members
- Leslie Street Spit / Tommy Thompson Park 1,217 photos, 104 members
- Spacing's Spring-Summer 2007 issue: WATER 253 photos, 27 members
"The remarkable documentation of Toronto as found in Mr. Javanrouh's pictures stands as testiment to the worth and versatility of the digital camera. I lived most of my life in Toronto, and with the right camera equipment it is a fairly easy city to get good pictures. But Mr. Javanrouh goes beyond this. The pictures that he shoots on his daily dose site are true art pieces. I recommend keeping an eye on him and his work, as I think that he is going to go very far. Looking at his street shots, I know that even Weegee would approve, and I cannot top that for praise. John Smith"
10th December, 2007
"Three years ago I stumbled onto Sam's work from a link on a site I can't recall for the life of me. Sam's photos, on the other hand, have been a part of my life every day since! :-)
Sam is a true Renaissance man. From macro to micro, architecture to nature, people to places, and everything in-between; it seems like the spirit of Midas lives on in Sam! ;-)
His work has inspired me to continue taking photographs through some of the roughest times in my life. For at least that one moment every day when I checked his photoblog, I knew I would be filled with sublime wonder at whatever he had posted the night before. Never was I disappointed and hardly was I anything less than awe-struck at what I saw. The quality of light. The sincerity of the composition. Amazing e-v-e-r-y time.
Sam is truly blessed with incredible skill behind the lens and behind the monitor. He's my number one inspiration.
Thank you for everything Sam!
I look forward to tomorrow's photo! ;-)"
2nd February, 2007
28th October, 2005
"Without Sam... you wouldn't have a lot of things, or they wouldn't be the same. The man's a legend and for good reason. Thanks for being an inspiration buddy."
15th August, 2005
"Sam has the eye and the sense to bring to life, the world that surrounds him. He sees things and brings out the beauty in the simple things.
Suck a great guy, An awesome talent."
10th June, 2005
Irina Souiki says:
"Ok, he's a star, he's a phenomenon in the photoblogging community, he runs out of bandwidth Gigabytes every month, but for me he's a great photographer and a very nice guy who wouldn't mind pose for a family shot with your kids. He's good as what he does, even if he's still shy of taking people shots (have you seen his portraits set? I wonder why...).
His Photoshop skills are by pair with his talent, but for me, together they make the artist. I am not a purist to throw away beautiful images because they've been manipulated.
His work is remarkable and being one of the first people to have discovered his photoblog, I feel deeply thankful for the inspiration he gave me over the last 1.5 years. He's one of the first 3 photographers who brought me onto this path and hope to get to know him better, away from his pedestal."
20th April, 2005
- Sam Javanrouh
- December 2004
- Toronto, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- daily dose of imagery