- Toronto Guardian 14,789 photos, 403 members
- The Grid – Toronto 8,070 photos, 213 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2011 163 photos, 15 members
- tiffr 13 photos, 5 members
- ddoi live - June 2011 9 photos, 3 members
- ddoi live - May 2011 72 photos, 6 members
- ddoi live workshop - September 2010 1 photo, 1 member
- Toronto International Film Festival 2010 569 photos, 74 members
- Low key 39,527 photos, 6,691 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2009 703 photos, 69 members
- RedBall Project 792 photos, 140 members
- Luminato 1,107 photos, 128 members
- Pinhole Photography 76,014 photos, 17,064 members
- Earth Mosaic 2009 9,380 photos, 2,591 members
- Cooliris | Endless Discovery 27,620 photos, 3,752 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2008 582 photos, 62 members
- Lightning 40,364 photos, 15,458 members
- BikingToronto 7,551 photos, 379 members
- Dundas Square 131 photos, 26 members
- Yonge & Dundas 990 photos, 133 members
- Quotografie 702 photos, 94 members
- The Unconscious Art of Demolition 502 photos, 767 members
- Time Lapse Videos 8,429 photos, 3,864 members
- Timelapse Videos 7,841 photos, 3,865 members
- ddoi workshop - 200803 21 photos, 7 members
- Portal 1,076 photos, 395 members
- Bridges of the World 80,521 photos, 8,234 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 176,403 photos, 17,710 members
- Lunar Eclipse - February 20, 2008 547 photos, 279 members
- The Florentine 2,749 photos, 281 members
- One Of A Kind 722,230 photos, 21,084 members
- Spacing spring 2008 • the Car issue 343 photos, 56 members
- toronto zombie walk 11,061 photos, 405 members
- Shot! 97 photos, 83 members
- Equirectangular 14,695 photos, 1,746 members
- Nuit Blanche for CBC Toronto 673 photos, 96 members
- NOW Magazine 44,279 photos, 1,173 members
- Movie Sets 4,182 photos, 498 members
- ON THE SET 3,778 photos, 320 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2007 582 photos, 61 members
- How We Are Now 4,959 photos, 2,625 members
- * making planets * 9,892 photos, 1,643 members
- Create Your Own Planets 21,018 photos, 5,687 members
- Santiago Calatrava's Architecture 10,284 photos, 1,517 members
- Opening night at the ROM - the Lee-Chin Crystal extension 153 photos, 25 members
- blogTO 257,257 photos, 6,959 members
- I deleted my JPG Magazine account 113 photos, 123 members
- Prison Break Fans 135 photos, 232 members
- Leslie Street Spit / Tommy Thompson Park 1,321 photos, 114 members
- Spacing's Spring-Summer 2007 issue: WATER 252 photos, 27 members
"The remarkable documentation of Toronto as found in Mr. Javanrouh's pictures stands as testiment to the worth and versatility of the digital camera. I lived most of my life in Toronto, and with the right camera equipment it is a fairly easy city to get good pictures. But Mr. Javanrouh goes beyond this. The pictures that he shoots on his daily dose site are true art pieces. I recommend keeping an eye on him and his work, as I think that he is going to go very far. Looking at his street shots, I know that even Weegee would approve, and I cannot top that for praise. John Smith"
December 10th, 2007
"Three years ago I stumbled onto Sam's work from a link on a site I can't recall for the life of me. Sam's photos, on the other hand, have been a part of my life every day since! :-)
Sam is a true Renaissance man. From macro to micro, architecture to nature, people to places, and everything in-between; it seems like the spirit of Midas lives on in Sam! ;-)
His work has inspired me to continue taking photographs through some of the roughest times in my life. For at least that one moment every day when I checked his photoblog, I knew I would be filled with sublime wonder at whatever he had posted the night before. Never was I disappointed and hardly was I anything less than awe-struck at what I saw. The quality of light. The sincerity of the composition. Amazing e-v-e-r-y time.
Sam is truly blessed with incredible skill behind the lens and behind the monitor. He's my number one inspiration.
Thank you for everything Sam!
I look forward to tomorrow's photo! ;-)"
February 2nd, 2007
October 28th, 2005
"Without Sam... you wouldn't have a lot of things, or they wouldn't be the same. The man's a legend and for good reason. Thanks for being an inspiration buddy."
August 15th, 2005
"Sam has the eye and the sense to bring to life, the world that surrounds him. He sees things and brings out the beauty in the simple things.
Suck a great guy, An awesome talent."
June 10th, 2005
Irina Souiki says:
"Ok, he's a star, he's a phenomenon in the photoblogging community, he runs out of bandwidth Gigabytes every month, but for me he's a great photographer and a very nice guy who wouldn't mind pose for a family shot with your kids. He's good as what he does, even if he's still shy of taking people shots (have you seen his portraits set? I wonder why...).
His Photoshop skills are by pair with his talent, but for me, together they make the artist. I am not a purist to throw away beautiful images because they've been manipulated.
His work is remarkable and being one of the first people to have discovered his photoblog, I feel deeply thankful for the inspiration he gave me over the last 1.5 years. He's one of the first 3 photographers who brought me onto this path and hope to get to know him better, away from his pedestal."
April 20th, 2005
- Sam Javanrouh
- December 2004
- Toronto, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- daily dose of imagery