I really like taking pictures as a way to relax and have some fun. I'm not pursuing photography for more money... although I would enjoy having much more time to dedicate to it, which I will do when I "semi-retire" someday. It adds a valuable dimension to my life. I can say that now I am quite passionate about it, and want to improve my craft.
As for formal education, well, I took 9 years in all --- I studied Architecture and Architectural design for 4 years of that, and have a couple of undergraduate degrees and a Masters Degree in City Planning to show for all that time.
I spent 25 years working in the Land Development Industry before deciding to be an Investment Advisor. I own and manage "Garden City Financial" in the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada.
PLEASE RESPECT MY COPYRIGHT ON EVERY ONE OF MY PHOTOS POSTED ON FLICKR. MY PHOTOS ARE "ALL RIGHTS RESERVED". NO USE IS PERMITTED WHATSOEVER WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT.
TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I HAVE THE RESOURCES TO "PURSUE AND SUE" YOU IF YOU VIOLATE MY COPYRIGHTS.
- flickr (unofficial) 5,578,907 photos, 112,666 members
- Spring in the Air 2012 258 photos, 54 members
- Invite the Best - Please VOTE 13,586 photos, 545 members
- ■□Group with Ҽxperience■□ 3,653,776 photos, 485,856 members
- !!Perfect Composition!! 1,116,910 photos, 23,983 members
- Tim Hortons 978 photos, 347 members
- Inanimate Fluid Form 4 photos, 2 members
- Silouettes 6,294 photos, 740 members
- Simply Super Shot 6,927 photos, 347 members
- Goof Shots 676 photos, 326 members
- Glamour y Sensual (Artistic photo's Only! No porn!) 32,448 photos, 3,162 members
- All about Reflections 50,641 photos, 3,788 members
- Oreengenesses 19,810 photos, 1,261 members
- Furry CAT Friends!!! 74,901 photos, 6,093 members
- Beauty of Life 226,261 photos, 3,820 members
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 2,429 photos, 1,135 members
- Project worldwide (pictures of places around the world) 307,746 photos, 12,534 members
- Design and the City: The Design Hotels™ Photo Contest 3,987 photos, 498 members
- city and backyard wildlife 5,144 photos, 238 members
- Amazing Ontario -Our Great Province- 47,055 photos, 1,181 members
- Golden Hour!! 64,523 photos, 7,309 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Taken That!!! (Invite Only) Post 1-Award2 . 211,987 photos, 21,805 members
- *Desafío Fotográfico* / NO RULES!! 5,506 photos, 545 members
- clown 7,535 photos, 1,742 members
- Clowns 4,512 photos, 1,415 members
- White on Black 4,652 photos, 484 members
- Flickr goal (sube 1 marca 5 goles) 66,177 photos, 2,759 members
- ♥Addicted to Color♥ 78,946 photos, 2,501 members
- Micro Macro e i suoi dettagli 6,306 photos, 1,495 members
- Macro Awards (Invite Only!) 42,562 photos, 11,308 members
- squareFormat 1,000,674 photos, 40,707 members
- Lets Talk about Love and Peace.. In Nature 43,066 photos, 2,699 members
- ! ♡ Flickrian ♡ No Rules:) Feel Free to invite your Friends! 314,991 photos, 6,638 members
- SmallWorlds Gallery - Comments Welcome! 825 photos, 318 members
- The wonder of Flowers 36,460 photos, 1,540 members
- 10+ Favorites 75,539 photos, 1,918 members
- "FLICKR POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHER" POST1/AWARD3 QUALITY IMAGES ONLY 295,996 photos, 7,522 members
- Pink N Powerful~ Pink flowers ONLY! Contest 45 Now Voting! 50,714 photos, 4,844 members
- Amazing Colors [Moderated] (Award/Comment 1) 14,744 photos, 2,860 members
- Nature Through The Lens / Invited Photos Only. 16,948 photos, 2,351 members
- Symbols 3,311 photos, 264 members
- Icons and Symbols 3,878 photos, 295 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 51,369 photos, 6,813 members
- Cats the Beloved Pets 95,262 photos, 5,368 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 78,708 photos, 3,769 members
- Angels and Our Own 485 photos, 40 members
- ``SetSeeker 33,001 photos, 2,501 members
- The dying art of in-camera soft focus 1,739 photos, 209 members
- Show your CAT to the World 9,254 photos, 578 members
- ***SCREAM OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER*** 2,557,589 photos, 50,630 members
Sparkling One says:
"Fred Winnik is my best friend and confidante, and I trust him implicitly. He is a very caring and generous person who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He is one of the most sensitive men I know; and his compassion knows no bounds. And talk about a "warped" sense of humour!!! It is a genuine privilege to be counted among his friends.
As far as his photography is concerned, Fred is fast becoming a master in the field of digital photography which he just started pursuing about a year ago. I always look forward to visiting his site because there is always something interesting to view. Not only that, we learn much about his "quirkiness" by reading the descriptions under his photos. They are usually very entertaining as well as informative.
Fred is a perfectionist and strives to be the best no matter what he attempts. (This is one of the things I most admire about him.) At the moment, he is dedicated to being the best portrait photographer in the city of St. Catharines (or I daresay anywhere else for that matter). And the best part is that he is succeeding beyond my (and his?) expectations."
December 30th, 2007
- Frederick Winnik
- June 2007
- St. Catharines, Canada
- I am:
- Senior Investment Funds Advisor / Business Owner
- fwinnik [at] cogeco.ca