Calgary based web developer, e-commerce professional and amateur photographer. Currently, shooting mostly with a Canon 6D and a Yashica-Mat.
I really enjoy exploring around my own backyard in Alberta, Canada. On the weekends, you might find me driving around the backroads or hiking up a mountain probably.
See a picture you like and want to use it? Go ahead! Let me know where I can see! There's nothing that I'd put on my flickr account that I don't want shared and distributed.
Henri Cartier-Bresson - when first learning about photography/art in school, you're only exposed to the big names. I don't do much portraits, but I do like capturing history as it unfolds and so Henri Cartier-Bresson's photos spoke more to me than the landscapes of Ansel Adams. The idea of the brevity of the moment is really interesting along with getting things right in the camera to begin with.
Fred Herzog - I saw an exhibit at the Glenbow Museum and I was just staring at the Meatateria photo. It has the iconic Cascade Mountain from Banff in the background, but the human landscape was completely foreign. This helped me decide that I really wanted to capture things that were forever changing as they exist in this moment. The Meatateria photo grabbed me, because I was there at that location and have personal connections there. I like history that means something to people. If someone finds a connection to my photos someday... that's what I'd like to strive for.
Thomas Gushul - I came across his name while doing my tour of Alberta historic places. My guide at the Leitch Collieries was knowledgeable enough to know the name of the photographer who took so many wonderful photos and gave me a glimpse into life in the Crowsnest Pass area ~100 years ago. There was so much detail and variety in his photographs. He documented the people and their daily lives in this area during the coal mining heydays. I hope to someday amass a small collection (by comparison) of what I saw during my time here.
A link to my more personal photo archive can be found at:
I've put together a small collection of photographs from my first 10 years (2005-2014) of digital photography for my own enjoyment at:
Don't worry, no need to buy anything. The entire photobook can be viewed in the preview. Blurb had done a pretty good job with their online PDF viewer.
Photos of Wilson Hui (1)
- Cell Phone Photography 399,542 photos, 11,733 members
- Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S7/7Edge, S6/S6 Edge, Galaxy S5, Samsung 40,708 photos, 2,767 members
- One Bottle 29,983 photos, 5,410 members
- All Free Pictures (Creative Commons and Public Domain) 155,819 photos, 5,885 members
- My time behind the lens No 30/60 limits 310,573 photos, 2,150 members
- Canon EOS 6D - Official Group 488,169 photos, 13,895 members
- 115 Wooden Grain Elevators in 2015 121 photos, 27 members
- Alberta Wooden Grain Elevator Survey 2015 141 photos, 40 members
- Airshow Shots 122,728 photos, 1,701 members
- Project Weather 628,761 photos, 93,339 members
- Despicable Me: Minions 2,046 photos, 394 members
- EOS Cameras and Manual Lenses 98,877 photos, 5,574 members
- Camera Appreciation (Pictures of cameras) 92,592 photos, 11,316 members
- Fotodiox Pro 10,919 photos, 980 members
- Creative Commons Nature 19,215 photos, 316 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,876,978 photos, 189,812 members
- I Shoot Film 2,579,075 photos, 109,648 members
- Amazing Alberta 95,178 photos, 2,201 members
- Historical and Abandoned Alberta 6,055 photos, 294 members
- Sunny 16 9,771 photos, 435 members
- SOOC (Straight Out of the Camera) 198,636 photos, 8,323 members
- I Love Grain Elevators. 14,258 photos, 889 members
- Adventures of Takoyaki - Ty Beanie Boos Ollie Octopus 69 photos, 3 members
- Canadian Prairie Grain Elevators 3,426 photos, 254 members
- Strobist.com 606,535 photos, 123,706 members
- PHOTOGRAPHERS OF CANADA 565,785 photos, 6,120 members
- Alberta no 30/60 limit 120,483 photos, 1,908 members
- Calgary Festivals 334 photos, 63 members
- Highest Level of Photography 0 photos, 2 members
- Calgary Stampede 2,519 photos, 389 members
- Banff National Park No 30/60 limit 14,995 photos, 1,948 members
- Calgary 100,476 photos, 2,273 members
- Calgary Zoo 6,124 photos, 376 members
Wilson Hui doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Wilson Hui
- July 2010
- Calgary, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Web Developer
- Wilson Hui Calgary Web Developer
- wilson [at] wilsonhui.com