Calgary based web developer, e-commerce professional and amateur photographer. Currently, shooting mostly with a Canon 6D and a Yashica-Mat.
I really enjoy exploring around my own backyard in Alberta, Canada. On the weekends, you might find me driving around the backroads or hiking up a mountain probably.
See a picture you like and want to use it? Go ahead! Let me know where I can see! There's nothing that I'd put on my flickr account that I don't want shared and distributed.
Henri Cartier-Bresson - when first learning about photography/art in school, you're only exposed to the big names. I don't do much portraits, but I do like capturing history as it unfolds and so Henri Cartier-Bresson's photos spoke more to me than the landscapes of Ansel Adams. The idea of the brevity of the moment is really interesting along with getting things right in the camera to begin with.
Fred Herzog - I saw an exhibit at the Glenbow Museum and I was just staring at the Meatateria photo. It has the iconic Cascade Mountain from Banff in the background, but the human landscape was completely foreign. This helped me decide that I really wanted to capture things that were forever changing as they exist in this moment. The Meatateria photo grabbed me, because I was there at that location and have personal connections there. I like history that means something to people. If someone finds a connection to my photos someday... that's what I'd like to strive for.
Thomas Gushul - I came across his name while doing my tour of Alberta historic places. My guide at the Leitch Collieries was knowledgeable enough to know the name of the photographer who took so many wonderful photos and gave me a glimpse into life in the Crowsnest Pass area ~100 years ago. There was so much detail and variety in his photographs. He documented the people and their daily lives in this area during the coal mining heydays. I hope to someday amass a small collection (by comparison) of what I saw during my time here.
A link to my more personal photo archive can be found at:
I've put together a small collection of photographs from my first 10 years (2005-2014) of digital photography for my own enjoyment at:
Don't worry, no need to buy anything. The entire photobook can be viewed in the preview. Blurb had done a pretty good job with their online PDF viewer.
Photos of Wilson Hui (1)
- Cell Phone Photography 403,383 photos, 11,814 members
- Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S7/7Edge, S6/S6 Edge, Galaxy S5, Samsung 44,112 photos, 2,916 members
- One Bottle 30,580 photos, 5,402 members
- All Free Pictures (Creative Commons and Public Domain) 175,021 photos, 6,082 members
- My time behind the lens No 30/60 limits 353,123 photos, 2,276 members
- Canon EOS 6D - Official Group 498,856 photos, 13,996 members
- 115 Wooden Grain Elevators in 2015 158 photos, 25 members
- Alberta Wooden Grain Elevator Survey 2015 140 photos, 41 members
- Airshow Shots 134,817 photos, 1,767 members
- Project Weather 622,033 photos, 92,988 members
- Despicable Me: Minions 1,989 photos, 396 members
- EOS Cameras and Manual Lenses 98,969 photos, 5,591 members
- Camera Appreciation (Pictures of cameras) 92,505 photos, 11,297 members
- Fotodiox Pro 11,537 photos, 989 members
- Creative Commons Nature 20,136 photos, 320 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,948,215 photos, 190,697 members
- I Shoot Film 2,597,251 photos, 110,494 members
- Amazing Alberta 96,555 photos, 2,210 members
- Historical and Abandoned Alberta 6,112 photos, 296 members
- Sunny 16 9,957 photos, 438 members
- SOOC (Straight Out of the Camera) 199,292 photos, 8,318 members
- I Love Grain Elevators. 14,339 photos, 898 members
- Adventures of Takoyaki - Ty Beanie Boos Ollie Octopus 69 photos, 3 members
- Canadian Prairie Grain Elevators 3,429 photos, 253 members
- Strobist.com 604,982 photos, 123,637 members
- PHOTOGRAPHERS OF CANADA 581,197 photos, 6,161 members
- Alberta no 30/60 limit 122,589 photos, 1,914 members
- Calgary Festivals 379 photos, 64 members
- Highest Level of Photography 0 photos, 2 members
- Calgary Stampede 2,550 photos, 384 members
- Banff National Park No 30/60 limit 15,680 photos, 1,976 members
- Calgary 101,430 photos, 2,269 members
- Calgary Zoo 5,814 photos, 374 members
Wilson Hui doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Wilson Hui
- July 2010
- Calgary, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Web Developer
- Wilson Hui Calgary Web Developer
- wilson [at] wilsonhui.com