In recent years I have bemoaned that I'm having to start my life all over again. Today I'm happily thinking to myself that once again I'm starting my life over again. Each time I successfully lose one of my hard-won preconceived notions about myself or about life, try a new and different path from the ones I've already tread I become a little more alive, a bit more present in the current moment.
I'm open to meeting new friends and experiencing more life. Flickr has been a wonderful tool for finding people to share experiences with.
Let's get to know each other!
I have just a few short animal videos here
Do you have an earnest desire to save the world?
You can start by reading the book Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.
- That's so Portland... 1,258 photos, 343 members
- Spelling Bee 550 photos, 123 members
- Breitenbush Hot Springs 158 photos, 95 members
- In With The Innes Crowd 208 photos, 34 members
- Bird Blobs 85 photos, 23 members
- ~LMAO~ Animal photography only! 5,766 photos, 2,852 members
- The Year of the Armadillo 219 photos, 41 members
- The Eugene Weather Report 134 photos, 12 members
- NORTH AMERICAN WILDLIFE 12,871 photos, 189 members
- STOP the WARs Coalition 765 photos, 136 members
- LIVE MUSIC 520,192 photos, 28,369 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 217,588 photos, 13,164 members
- Recovering: Yes we will 2,337 photos, 233 members
- March Fourth Marching Band 259 photos, 28 members
- Folk Music 18,467 photos, 1,730 members
- Oregon Country Fair Structures 338 photos, 37 members
- Oregon Country Fair People 2,668 photos, 459 members
- Oregon Country Fair 5,982 photos, 655 members
- Personal Altars 766 photos, 204 members
- Fabulous Flowers/P1C1 171,513 photos, 18,361 members
- Wild Animals and Bugs 5,343 photos, 326 members
- Prime Candidates For Human Extinction 58 photos, 18 members
- BORN to be WILD 24,689 photos, 2,416 members
- Animal Encounter Gateway 932 photos, 145 members
- Excellence in Floral Photography_INVITED IMAGES ONLY 33,216 photos, 7,461 members
- protest signs 7,626 photos, 354 members
- Bad Signage 5,721 photos, 835 members
- Don't Talk To Me Before I've Had My Coffee (or Tea) 127 photos, 35 members
- Supreme Animal Photos (INVITED PHOTO'S ONLY) 3,324 photos, 1,113 members
- Animal Encounters Reader 931 photos, 152 members
- Tree and Mushroom Porn 257 photos, 194 members
- The Beauty of Nature 243,121 photos, 6,017 members
- What are you reading? 301 photos, 94 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 87,273 photos, 3,492 members
- Spelling Mistakes 5,752 photos, 1,446 members
- Gardeners: Show and Tell 1,083 photos, 60 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 79,697 photos, 8,706 members
- I Hate Stupid People 921 photos, 232 members
- We love Malingering! 2,610 photos, 535 members
- What's that in my front yard? 1,078 photos, 60 members
- FujiFilm FinePix S9000/S9500 18,692 photos, 798 members
- Dragonflies 79,175 photos, 8,099 members
- GIMP users 159,916 photos, 10,252 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 22,092 photos, 5,769 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,318 photos, 6,611 members
- Animal Rescue 8,476 photos, 672 members
- Furry Friday 41,660 photos, 1,880 members
- Baby Animals! 6,280 photos, 601 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 88,520 photos, 9,908 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 20,726 photos, 7,273 members
"Fred is a man of fast wit and a gentle heart. His shots are NOT your run of the mill cutesy animal portraits that most animal lovers favor. Instead he demonstrates their grace, beauty and personality. I am thankful for such a supportive and funny contact!"
September 3rd, 2007
"Wild is a big ol' beau hunk of man that's kind enough to share his world with us, and we're better for it. His pics show such a wonderful humanity. I would talk about his technical prowess, but I'm not educated enough - but I can say his pictures are right purty.
If I could find his place, I'd eat Fig Newtons in his yard."
March 22nd, 2007
"I enjoy viewing Wildlifeuplifts photos, they bring smiles to my face. I love the fact that they love wildlife and that they are doing wonderful things for them."
March 7th, 2007
Natalia F. says:
"Wild has the great quality as a photographer that his stream always privides a respite from the hustle and bustle of life in the city. He lives in an enchanted world where raccoons and other little critters curiously look in, and stay and play for a while. He manages to capture this with a keen eye and a sharp lens, and thankfully, shares it with all of us!
As a person, he is one of the best and brightest out there. His comments are always insightful, thoughtful, and when need be, biting and funny. I blame it on the PNW, those 360 days of rain have certainly had their effect on him, making his brain just that more spongy and absorbent, so that he's able to take it all in, and share a laugh!!
Thank you, your friendship has been a gift!"
August 11th, 2006
"Wildlife is one of my favorite flickr friends. He makes me laugh out loud with his dry sense of humor. His nature photographs are wonderful. He has such a love for wildlife (hence, his screen name) that shows through in photos. The racoons are adorable. Until knowing Wildlife, I just thought they were big rodents. I have a new apprecitation for them. He has educated me about what wonderful animals they can be!
I have even gone as far as putting out some food, that I thought they might like. (So far, just the squirrels have enjoyed the food.) I guess I will just have to keep up with Wilds' photos!
Wild, is kind and generous with his comments. I have really enjoyed getting to know him."
May 26th, 2006
"He is very lucky! He is the king of all the sweetest animals, lovely plants, and the privileged witness of the impressive beauties of the nature that welcomes him warmly. I really do enjoy his shots a lot and love his racoon and cat friends!
Stay with us, please."
November 29th, 2005
"I can see the love wildlife has for all his creatures, great and small, by the photos that he takes of them. Now, after seeing wildlife himself, I can see the love karma surrounding him that is portrayed in his photos."
November 7th, 2005
- fred melmoth
- August 2005
- Pacific Northwest, United States of America
- I am:
- Male and Open
- wildlifeuplift [at] gmail.com