In recent years I have bemoaned that I'm having to start my life all over again. Today I'm happily thinking to myself that once again I'm starting my life over again. Each time I successfully lose one of my hard-won preconceived notions about myself or about life, try a new and different path from the ones I've already tread I become a little more alive, a bit more present in the current moment.
I'm open to meeting new friends and experiencing more life. Flickr has been a wonderful tool for finding people to share experiences with.
Let's get to know each other!
I have just a few short animal videos here
Do you have an earnest desire to save the world?
You can start by reading the book Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.
- That's so Portland... 1,257 photos, 346 members
- Spelling Bee 552 photos, 123 members
- Breitenbush Hot Springs 158 photos, 96 members
- In With The Innes Crowd 208 photos, 34 members
- Bird Blobs 85 photos, 23 members
- ~LMAO~ Animal photography only! 5,764 photos, 2,848 members
- The Year of the Armadillo 219 photos, 41 members
- The Eugene Weather Report 134 photos, 12 members
- NORTH AMERICAN WILDLIFE 13,117 photos, 189 members
- STOP the WARs Coalition 765 photos, 136 members
- LIVE MUSIC 522,375 photos, 28,457 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 218,755 photos, 13,201 members
- Recovering: Yes we will 2,330 photos, 233 members
- March Fourth Marching Band 259 photos, 28 members
- Folk Music 18,614 photos, 1,735 members
- Oregon Country Fair Structures 338 photos, 37 members
- Oregon Country Fair People 2,671 photos, 458 members
- Oregon Country Fair 5,986 photos, 653 members
- Personal Altars 767 photos, 204 members
- Fabulous Flowers/P1C1 172,014 photos, 18,363 members
- Wild Animals and Bugs 5,623 photos, 330 members
- Prime Candidates For Human Extinction 59 photos, 18 members
- BORN to be WILD 24,769 photos, 2,432 members
- Animal Encounter Gateway 936 photos, 145 members
- Excellence in Floral Photography_INVITED IMAGES ONLY 33,203 photos, 7,460 members
- protest signs 7,836 photos, 355 members
- Bad Signage 5,741 photos, 836 members
- Don't Talk To Me Before I've Had My Coffee (or Tea) 127 photos, 35 members
- Supreme Animal Photos (INVITED PHOTO'S ONLY) 3,326 photos, 1,113 members
- Animal Encounters Reader 931 photos, 152 members
- Tree and Mushroom Porn 260 photos, 194 members
- The Beauty of Nature 251,576 photos, 6,086 members
- What are you reading? 315 photos, 104 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 87,920 photos, 3,499 members
- Spelling Mistakes 5,779 photos, 1,450 members
- Gardeners: Show and Tell 1,083 photos, 60 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 80,277 photos, 8,717 members
- I Hate Stupid People 924 photos, 232 members
- We love Malingering! 2,609 photos, 535 members
- What's that in my front yard? 1,103 photos, 60 members
- FujiFilm FinePix S9000/S9500 18,691 photos, 800 members
- Dragonflies 80,515 photos, 8,175 members
- GIMP users 160,925 photos, 10,262 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 22,081 photos, 5,765 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,319 photos, 6,609 members
- Animal Rescue 8,481 photos, 673 members
- Furry Friday 41,658 photos, 1,878 members
- Baby Animals! 6,405 photos, 609 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 88,596 photos, 9,916 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 20,711 photos, 7,271 members
"Fred is a man of fast wit and a gentle heart. His shots are NOT your run of the mill cutesy animal portraits that most animal lovers favor. Instead he demonstrates their grace, beauty and personality. I am thankful for such a supportive and funny contact!"
September 3rd, 2007
"Wild is a big ol' beau hunk of man that's kind enough to share his world with us, and we're better for it. His pics show such a wonderful humanity. I would talk about his technical prowess, but I'm not educated enough - but I can say his pictures are right purty.
If I could find his place, I'd eat Fig Newtons in his yard."
March 22nd, 2007
"I enjoy viewing Wildlifeuplifts photos, they bring smiles to my face. I love the fact that they love wildlife and that they are doing wonderful things for them."
March 7th, 2007
Natalia F. says:
"Wild has the great quality as a photographer that his stream always privides a respite from the hustle and bustle of life in the city. He lives in an enchanted world where raccoons and other little critters curiously look in, and stay and play for a while. He manages to capture this with a keen eye and a sharp lens, and thankfully, shares it with all of us!
As a person, he is one of the best and brightest out there. His comments are always insightful, thoughtful, and when need be, biting and funny. I blame it on the PNW, those 360 days of rain have certainly had their effect on him, making his brain just that more spongy and absorbent, so that he's able to take it all in, and share a laugh!!
Thank you, your friendship has been a gift!"
August 11th, 2006
"Wildlife is one of my favorite flickr friends. He makes me laugh out loud with his dry sense of humor. His nature photographs are wonderful. He has such a love for wildlife (hence, his screen name) that shows through in photos. The racoons are adorable. Until knowing Wildlife, I just thought they were big rodents. I have a new apprecitation for them. He has educated me about what wonderful animals they can be!
I have even gone as far as putting out some food, that I thought they might like. (So far, just the squirrels have enjoyed the food.) I guess I will just have to keep up with Wilds' photos!
Wild, is kind and generous with his comments. I have really enjoyed getting to know him."
May 26th, 2006
"He is very lucky! He is the king of all the sweetest animals, lovely plants, and the privileged witness of the impressive beauties of the nature that welcomes him warmly. I really do enjoy his shots a lot and love his racoon and cat friends!
Stay with us, please."
November 29th, 2005
"I can see the love wildlife has for all his creatures, great and small, by the photos that he takes of them. Now, after seeing wildlife himself, I can see the love karma surrounding him that is portrayed in his photos."
November 7th, 2005
- fred melmoth
- August 2005
- Pacific Northwest, United States of America
- I am:
- Male and Open
- wildlifeuplift [at] gmail.com