In recent years I have bemoaned that I'm having to start my life all over again. Today I'm happily thinking to myself that once again I'm starting my life over again. Each time I successfully lose one of my hard-won preconceived notions about myself or about life, try a new and different path from the ones I've already tread I become a little more alive, a bit more present in the current moment.
I'm open to meeting new friends and experiencing more life. Flickr has been a wonderful tool for finding people to share experiences with.
Let's get to know each other!
I have just a few short animal videos here
Do you have an earnest desire to save the world?
You can start by reading the book Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.
- That's so Portland... 1,259 photos, 334 members
- Spelling Bee 543 photos, 124 members
- Breitenbush Hot Springs 160 photos, 97 members
- In With The Innes Crowd 209 photos, 33 members
- Bird Blobs 85 photos, 23 members
- ~LMAO~ Animal photography only! 5,783 photos, 2,864 members
- The Year of the Armadillo 219 photos, 42 members
- The Eugene Weather Report 133 photos, 10 members
- NORTH AMERICAN WILDLIFE 11,339 photos, 183 members
- STOP the WARs Coalition 764 photos, 134 members
- Live Music 508,072 photos, 27,972 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 209,985 photos, 13,042 members
- Recovering: Yes we will 2,340 photos, 233 members
- March Fourth Marching Band 258 photos, 26 members
- Folk Music 17,760 photos, 1,713 members
- Oregon Country Fair Structures 297 photos, 34 members
- Oregon Country Fair People 2,199 photos, 446 members
- Oregon Country Fair 5,345 photos, 642 members
- Personal Altars 766 photos, 200 members
- Fabulous Flowers/P1C1 170,565 photos, 18,404 members
- Wild Animals and Bugs 4,306 photos, 312 members
- Prime Candidates For Human Extinction 58 photos, 18 members
- BORN to be WILD 24,760 photos, 2,370 members
- Animal Encounter Gateway 925 photos, 145 members
- Excellence in Floral Photography_INVITED IMAGES ONLY 34,010 photos, 7,488 members
- protest signs 5,654 photos, 351 members
- Bad Signage 5,577 photos, 828 members
- Don't Talk To Me Before I've Had My Coffee (or Tea) 122 photos, 35 members
- Supreme Animal Photos (INVITED PHOTO'S ONLY) 3,329 photos, 1,117 members
- Animal Encounters Reader 924 photos, 152 members
- Tree and Mushroom Porn 257 photos, 181 members
- The Beauty of Nature 215,420 photos, 5,579 members
- What are you reading? 300 photos, 93 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 82,480 photos, 3,447 members
- Spelling Mistakes 5,703 photos, 1,445 members
- Gardeners: Show and Tell 1,079 photos, 58 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 75,827 photos, 8,540 members
- I Hate Stupid People 908 photos, 232 members
- We love Malingering! 2,627 photos, 539 members
- What's that in my front yard? 951 photos, 60 members
- FujiFilm FinePix S9000/S9500 18,925 photos, 791 members
- Dragonflies 72,829 photos, 7,727 members
- GIMP users 154,593 photos, 10,192 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 22,254 photos, 5,777 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,465 photos, 6,647 members
- Animal Rescue 8,512 photos, 668 members
- Furry Friday 39,491 photos, 1,893 members
- Baby Animals! 5,623 photos, 555 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 87,390 photos, 9,917 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 20,943 photos, 7,298 members
"Fred is a man of fast wit and a gentle heart. His shots are NOT your run of the mill cutesy animal portraits that most animal lovers favor. Instead he demonstrates their grace, beauty and personality. I am thankful for such a supportive and funny contact!"
September 3rd, 2007
"Wild is a big ol' beau hunk of man that's kind enough to share his world with us, and we're better for it. His pics show such a wonderful humanity. I would talk about his technical prowess, but I'm not educated enough - but I can say his pictures are right purty.
If I could find his place, I'd eat Fig Newtons in his yard."
March 22nd, 2007
"I enjoy viewing Wildlifeuplifts photos, they bring smiles to my face. I love the fact that they love wildlife and that they are doing wonderful things for them."
March 7th, 2007
Natalia F. says:
"Wild has the great quality as a photographer that his stream always privides a respite from the hustle and bustle of life in the city. He lives in an enchanted world where raccoons and other little critters curiously look in, and stay and play for a while. He manages to capture this with a keen eye and a sharp lens, and thankfully, shares it with all of us!
As a person, he is one of the best and brightest out there. His comments are always insightful, thoughtful, and when need be, biting and funny. I blame it on the PNW, those 360 days of rain have certainly had their effect on him, making his brain just that more spongy and absorbent, so that he's able to take it all in, and share a laugh!!
Thank you, your friendship has been a gift!"
August 11th, 2006
"Wildlife is one of my favorite flickr friends. He makes me laugh out loud with his dry sense of humor. His nature photographs are wonderful. He has such a love for wildlife (hence, his screen name) that shows through in photos. The racoons are adorable. Until knowing Wildlife, I just thought they were big rodents. I have a new apprecitation for them. He has educated me about what wonderful animals they can be!
I have even gone as far as putting out some food, that I thought they might like. (So far, just the squirrels have enjoyed the food.) I guess I will just have to keep up with Wilds' photos!
Wild, is kind and generous with his comments. I have really enjoyed getting to know him."
May 26th, 2006
"He is very lucky! He is the king of all the sweetest animals, lovely plants, and the privileged witness of the impressive beauties of the nature that welcomes him warmly. I really do enjoy his shots a lot and love his racoon and cat friends!
Stay with us, please."
November 29th, 2005
"I can see the love wildlife has for all his creatures, great and small, by the photos that he takes of them. Now, after seeing wildlife himself, I can see the love karma surrounding him that is portrayed in his photos."
November 7th, 2005
- fred melmoth
- August 2005
- Pacific Northwest, United States of America
- I am:
- Male and Open
- wildlifeuplift [at] gmail.com