In recent years I have bemoaned that I'm having to start my life all over again. Today I'm happily thinking to myself that once again I'm starting my life over again. Each time I successfully lose one of my hard-won preconceived notions about myself or about life, try a new and different path from the ones I've already tread I become a little more alive, a bit more present in the current moment.
I'm open to meeting new friends and experiencing more life. Flickr has been a wonderful tool for finding people to share experiences with.
Let's get to know each other!
I have just a few short animal videos here
Do you have an earnest desire to save the world?
You can start by reading the book Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.
- That's so Portland... 1,257 photos, 342 members
- Spelling Bee 546 photos, 123 members
- Breitenbush Hot Springs 160 photos, 97 members
- In With The Innes Crowd 209 photos, 34 members
- Bird Blobs 85 photos, 23 members
- ~LMAO~ Animal photography only! 5,776 photos, 2,861 members
- The Year of the Armadillo 219 photos, 42 members
- The Eugene Weather Report 134 photos, 11 members
- NORTH AMERICAN WILDLIFE 11,758 photos, 184 members
- STOP the WARs Coalition 764 photos, 135 members
- LIVE MUSIC 510,532 photos, 28,067 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 211,313 photos, 13,058 members
- Recovering: Yes we will 2,336 photos, 233 members
- March Fourth Marching Band 260 photos, 26 members
- Folk Music 17,949 photos, 1,716 members
- Oregon Country Fair Structures 302 photos, 34 members
- Oregon Country Fair People 2,205 photos, 449 members
- Oregon Country Fair 5,354 photos, 644 members
- Personal Altars 765 photos, 202 members
- Fabulous Flowers/P1C1 170,195 photos, 18,372 members
- Wild Animals and Bugs 4,557 photos, 318 members
- Prime Candidates For Human Extinction 58 photos, 18 members
- BORN to be WILD 24,520 photos, 2,374 members
- Animal Encounter Gateway 926 photos, 145 members
- Excellence in Floral Photography_INVITED IMAGES ONLY 33,982 photos, 7,484 members
- protest signs 6,157 photos, 352 members
- Bad Signage 5,603 photos, 830 members
- Don't Talk To Me Before I've Had My Coffee (or Tea) 125 photos, 35 members
- Supreme Animal Photos (INVITED PHOTO'S ONLY) 3,330 photos, 1,115 members
- Animal Encounters Reader 924 photos, 152 members
- Tree and Mushroom Porn 265 photos, 185 members
- The Beauty of Nature 222,593 photos, 5,694 members
- What are you reading? 298 photos, 93 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 83,553 photos, 3,461 members
- Spelling Mistakes 5,738 photos, 1,445 members
- Gardeners: Show and Tell 1,080 photos, 58 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 76,675 photos, 8,579 members
- I Hate Stupid People 912 photos, 232 members
- We love Malingering! 2,628 photos, 539 members
- What's that in my front yard? 972 photos, 60 members
- FujiFilm FinePix S9000/S9500 18,844 photos, 792 members
- Dragonflies 73,176 photos, 7,751 members
- GIMP users 156,411 photos, 10,215 members
- Animal Kingdom (YOUR IMAGE MUST HAVE AN INVITE) 22,249 photos, 5,773 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,446 photos, 6,638 members
- Animal Rescue 8,492 photos, 670 members
- Furry Friday 39,555 photos, 1,891 members
- Baby Animals! 5,786 photos, 560 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 87,584 photos, 9,910 members
- Spectacular Nature-invited images only (15/ month) 20,922 photos, 7,296 members
"Fred is a man of fast wit and a gentle heart. His shots are NOT your run of the mill cutesy animal portraits that most animal lovers favor. Instead he demonstrates their grace, beauty and personality. I am thankful for such a supportive and funny contact!"
September 3rd, 2007
"Wild is a big ol' beau hunk of man that's kind enough to share his world with us, and we're better for it. His pics show such a wonderful humanity. I would talk about his technical prowess, but I'm not educated enough - but I can say his pictures are right purty.
If I could find his place, I'd eat Fig Newtons in his yard."
March 22nd, 2007
"I enjoy viewing Wildlifeuplifts photos, they bring smiles to my face. I love the fact that they love wildlife and that they are doing wonderful things for them."
March 7th, 2007
Natalia F. says:
"Wild has the great quality as a photographer that his stream always privides a respite from the hustle and bustle of life in the city. He lives in an enchanted world where raccoons and other little critters curiously look in, and stay and play for a while. He manages to capture this with a keen eye and a sharp lens, and thankfully, shares it with all of us!
As a person, he is one of the best and brightest out there. His comments are always insightful, thoughtful, and when need be, biting and funny. I blame it on the PNW, those 360 days of rain have certainly had their effect on him, making his brain just that more spongy and absorbent, so that he's able to take it all in, and share a laugh!!
Thank you, your friendship has been a gift!"
August 11th, 2006
"Wildlife is one of my favorite flickr friends. He makes me laugh out loud with his dry sense of humor. His nature photographs are wonderful. He has such a love for wildlife (hence, his screen name) that shows through in photos. The racoons are adorable. Until knowing Wildlife, I just thought they were big rodents. I have a new apprecitation for them. He has educated me about what wonderful animals they can be!
I have even gone as far as putting out some food, that I thought they might like. (So far, just the squirrels have enjoyed the food.) I guess I will just have to keep up with Wilds' photos!
Wild, is kind and generous with his comments. I have really enjoyed getting to know him."
May 26th, 2006
"He is very lucky! He is the king of all the sweetest animals, lovely plants, and the privileged witness of the impressive beauties of the nature that welcomes him warmly. I really do enjoy his shots a lot and love his racoon and cat friends!
Stay with us, please."
November 29th, 2005
"I can see the love wildlife has for all his creatures, great and small, by the photos that he takes of them. Now, after seeing wildlife himself, I can see the love karma surrounding him that is portrayed in his photos."
November 7th, 2005
- fred melmoth
- August 2005
- Pacific Northwest, United States of America
- I am:
- Male and Open
- wildlifeuplift [at] gmail.com