It is never about the picture in the bag, it is always the anticipation of the next picture!
Flickr is not my only photo site, so I might not always comment, just because of time constraints.
Groups - I might add my pictures to groups that I am invited too, if possible, but I will not pursue too many groups, again due to time constraints. Please do not invite me to a post 1 award X group.
The above measurements are for me in order to survive, and still utilize the fantastic facilities here on Flickr.
Passed sixty, passionate about nature, birding and photography. Both my wife and I are birders, but not twitchers.
All photographs in my photo stream are the exclusive intellectual property of Callie de Wet and are protected under South African and international copyright laws. The intellectual property MAY NOT BE DOWNLOADED except by normal viewing process of the browser. The intellectual property may not be copied to another computer, transmitted, published, reproduced, stored, manipulated, projected, or altered in any way, including without limitation any digitization or synthesizing of the images, alone or with any other material, by use of computer or other electronic means or any other method or means now or hereafter known, without the written permission of Callie de Wet and payment of a fee or arrangement thereof. No images are within Public Domain. Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration is a violation of copyright. The author vigorously protects copyright interests.
Nikon D70 (sold)
Nikon D80 (sold)
Nikon D200 (sold)
Nikon D300 2X (sold)
Nikon D300S (sold)
Nikon D700 (sold)
Nikon D3S (sold)
Nikon D600 (sold)
Nikkor 18-70 (sold)
Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR DX (sold)
Nikkor AF -S 16-35mm f/4G VRII IF-ED
Nikkor AF -S 24 - 120 F/4G VRII IF-ED
Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G VR IF-ED
Nikkor AF-S 200-400mm f/4G VR IF-ED
Nikkor AF-S 400mm f/2.8G VRII IF-ED (sold)
Nikkor AF-S 600mm f/4.G VRII IF-ED
Nikkor 105 VR-S F/2.8 Micro
SD9 Battery pack for SB900
SB200 Kit (sold)
1.4 X TC
2 X TC
Benro "wimberley type" head
Manfrotto Tripod and beanbags.
Sigma 10-20 WA (sold)
- Oiseaux du monde/ Birds of the world 136,238 photos, 2,537 members
- Photographing Birds 191,914 photos, 2,948 members
- The Nature Conservancy 1,177,103 photos, 42,317 members
- Top 20 Birds 71,527 photos, 1,238 members
- Wild Bird Photography 266,915 photos, 3,089 members
- In love with Africa 41,914 photos, 664 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 2,323 photos, 26,236 members
- Bee-eaters of the World: A Field Guide 2,199 photos, 351 members
- Wildscreen Exchange 9,945 photos, 186 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 93,521 photos, 9,830 members
- " Birds Around you " 16,941 photos, 273 members
- BORN to be WILD 26,553 photos, 2,682 members
- Nature Nuts! 179,492 photos, 3,536 members
- Best of Wild Animals (No insects or snakes) 24,095 photos, 1,556 members
- Wildlife Photography 1,066,167 photos, 22,793 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,957,295 photos, 55,248 members
- Nikon Nature 288,347 photos, 2,975 members
- Illuminations in the Wild 27,131 photos, 833 members
- Mad about Owls / Birds of prey 41,695 photos, 1,607 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) !!TOTALLY CLOSED!! . 13,185 photos, 3,637 members
- Love South Africa 37,909 photos, 1,320 members
- True African Wildlife Photography 22,160 photos, 507 members
- Africa 289,161 photos, 12,683 members
- Pictures of South Africa 28,827 photos, 1,186 members
- Avibase 167,395 photos, 1,339 members
- wild through my eyes... 7,985 photos, 321 members
- Dog Days! 131,534 photos, 19,322 members
- Dogs for fun Photos :-) 98,179 photos, 8,435 members
- Birds in flight only!!! 49,956 photos, 1,482 members
- South African Wildlife 14,376 photos, 465 members
- Nikon South Africa 8,661 photos, 150 members
- DM's Lair 25,804 photos, 768 members
- Gauteng 4,734 photos, 256 members
- World Wildlife Showcase (By invitation only) 8,292 photos, 492 members
- Cheetah, mother nature's masterpiece! 4,448 photos, 885 members
- Animalpedia 16,244 photos, 180 members
- Macro shot (flowers only) 35,193 photos, 2,308 members
- Bird Perfect (Moderated) 43,346 photos, 2,838 members
- Wild animals in action (WAIA) 30,587 photos, 1,212 members
- Birds of Africa 42,292 photos, 1,515 members
- Avian Photography 217,913 photos, 3,115 members
- The World Of The Kingfisher 8,295 photos, 751 members
- All Kingfishers 25,387 photos, 2,583 members
- Magnificent Southern African Wildlife 8,143 photos, 692 members
- Golden Hour!! 65,998 photos, 7,372 members
- SNAKES 28,797 photos, 3,735 members
- African leopards 905 photos, 166 members
- Sunbirds 1,036 photos, 143 members
- Owls 61,559 photos, 8,156 members
- Lake Panic (Kruger National Park) 700 photos, 59 members
"Sinds enige tijd ken ik het werk van Callie.Ik heb de tijd genomen om (bijna)al zijn foto's te bekijken.
En wat ik zag aan foto's deed mijn mond open vallen van verbazing.
Nimmer heb ik zulke mooie foto's gezien,en geloof me ik heb er veel gezien!
Wat Callie maakt is van een ongelooflijke kwaliteit.
Zoals hij het licht kan vangen heb ik nog nooit eerder gezien .
Op een manier waardoor de dieren zo mooi uitkomen.
Ik hoop dat Callie ooit een fotoboek maakt.Ik zal de eerste zijn om er een te bestellen!
Mensen moeten de natuur respecteren en ik hoop dat het werk van Callie veel mensen zal inspireren tot het maken van mooie natuurfoto's en tot het besef dat de natuur geweldig mooi is en moet blijven.
Waarom?Kijk naar de foto's van Callie en je weet waarom!"
October 11th, 2007
Gerhard Theron says:
"It would be the easiest to write a testimonial for someone I have met in person. Therefore Callie is my first.
I met Callie a couple of years ago after we have become cyber-friends on a photo website. When I met him I had just acquired my first camera and I was amazed at the photos he submitted. As our friendship progressed I came to see that this man in not only the quality photographer that all of you can judge for yourselves but a true "Naturalist" in every sense. (..spiders excluded).
His love for nature shows in his art. He is a walking encyclopedia with animal facts and very interesting to be with.
Even though he is my friend, I can not refer to him without the word "mentor" comming to mind."
February 23rd, 2006
"Wild Images is not just a nickname or an avatar; it is the symbol and incarnation of "wildness" presented with the highest artistic endeavor.
For those who are amazed by the photos of National Geographic, expect to experience similar amazement here. I am really impressed by two things Callie (Wild Images) taught me: the wonder of a place and how to embody that place through art."
February 23rd, 2006
"One of the best, if not the best bird photographer I've come across ever. Perhaps with stiff competition from his fellow friend Nature Photographer. The pictures are all breathtaking and with great technical skill. Very careful with his composition, lighting and background. Browse and learn!"
February 14th, 2006
- Callie de Wet
- February 2006
- Egoli, Gauteng
- I am:
- Male and Taken