It is never about the picture in the bag, it is always the anticipation of the next picture!
Flickr is not my only photo site, so I might not always comment, just because of time constraints.
Groups - I might add my pictures to groups that I am invited too, if possible, but I will not pursue too many groups, again due to time constraints. Please do not invite me to a post 1 award X group.
The above measurements are for me in order to survive, and still utilize the fantastic facilities here on Flickr.
Passed sixty, passionate about nature, birding and photography. Both my wife and I are birders, but not twitchers.
All photographs in my photo stream are the exclusive intellectual property of Callie de Wet and are protected under South African and international copyright laws. The intellectual property MAY NOT BE DOWNLOADED except by normal viewing process of the browser. The intellectual property may not be copied to another computer, transmitted, published, reproduced, stored, manipulated, projected, or altered in any way, including without limitation any digitization or synthesizing of the images, alone or with any other material, by use of computer or other electronic means or any other method or means now or hereafter known, without the written permission of Callie de Wet and payment of a fee or arrangement thereof. No images are within Public Domain. Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration is a violation of copyright. The author vigorously protects copyright interests.
Nikon D70 (sold)
Nikon D80 (sold)
Nikon D200 (sold)
Nikon D300 2X (sold)
Nikon D300S (sold)
Nikon D700 (sold)
Nikon D3S (sold)
Nikon D600 (sold)
Nikkor 18-70 (sold)
Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR DX (sold)
Nikkor AF -S 16-35mm f/4G VRII IF-ED
Nikkor AF -S 24 - 120 F/4G VRII IF-ED
Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G VR IF-ED
Nikkor AF-S 200-400mm f/4G VR IF-ED
Nikkor AF-S 400mm f/2.8G VRII IF-ED (sold)
Nikkor AF-S 600mm f/4.G VRII IF-ED
Nikkor 105 VR-S F/2.8 Micro
SD9 Battery pack for SB900
SB200 Kit (sold)
1.4 X TC
2 X TC
Benro "wimberley type" head
Manfrotto Tripod and beanbags.
Sigma 10-20 WA (sold)
- Oiseaux du monde/ Birds of the world 142,861 photos, 2,626 members
- Photographing Birds 215,809 photos, 3,122 members
- The Nature Conservancy 1,226,383 photos, 42,616 members
- Top 20 Birds 76,288 photos, 1,251 members
- Wild Bird Photography 304,162 photos, 3,399 members
- In love with Africa 44,485 photos, 699 members
- Nature HQ 5,210 photos, 26,236 members
- Bee-eaters of the World: A Field Guide 2,428 photos, 365 members
- Wildscreen Exchange 10,977 photos, 196 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 94,049 photos, 9,812 members
- " Birds Around you " 19,116 photos, 299 members
- BORN to be WILD 26,934 photos, 2,739 members
- Nature Nuts! 184,612 photos, 3,557 members
- Best of Wild Animals (No insects or snakes) 25,344 photos, 1,558 members
- Wildlife Photography 1,143,640 photos, 23,642 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 2,093,948 photos, 56,983 members
- Nikon Nature 321,893 photos, 3,166 members
- Illuminations in the Wild 28,641 photos, 841 members
- Mad about Owls / Birds of prey 44,078 photos, 1,672 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) !!TOTALLY CLOSED!! . 13,040 photos, 3,566 members
- Love South Africa 40,795 photos, 1,353 members
- True African Wildlife Photography 23,851 photos, 521 members
- Africa 299,809 photos, 12,902 members
- Pictures of South Africa 30,759 photos, 1,209 members
- Avibase 178,250 photos, 1,389 members
- wild through my eyes... 7,886 photos, 321 members
- Dog Days! 143,199 photos, 20,367 members
- Dogs for fun Photos :-) 100,868 photos, 8,454 members
- Birds in flight only!!! 54,837 photos, 1,576 members
- South African Wildlife 15,926 photos, 479 members
- Nikon South Africa 8,736 photos, 150 members
- DM's Lair 27,141 photos, 822 members
- Gauteng 4,884 photos, 255 members
- World Wildlife Showcase (By invitation only) 9,871 photos, 530 members
- Cheetah, mother nature's masterpiece! 4,530 photos, 901 members
- Animalpedia 17,276 photos, 185 members
- Macro shot (flowers only) 36,202 photos, 2,331 members
- Bird Perfect (Moderated) 45,915 photos, 2,793 members
- Wild animals in action (WAIA) 32,072 photos, 1,234 members
- Birds of Africa 45,353 photos, 1,569 members
- Avian Photography 233,368 photos, 3,158 members
- The World Of The Kingfisher 9,102 photos, 777 members
- All Kingfishers 27,590 photos, 2,753 members
- Magnificent Southern African Wildlife 8,623 photos, 722 members
- Golden Hour!! 68,019 photos, 7,449 members
- SNAKES 29,556 photos, 3,780 members
- African leopards 974 photos, 167 members
- Sunbirds 1,175 photos, 153 members
- Owls 64,532 photos, 8,298 members
- Lake Panic (Kruger National Park) 714 photos, 60 members
"Sinds enige tijd ken ik het werk van Callie.Ik heb de tijd genomen om (bijna)al zijn foto's te bekijken.
En wat ik zag aan foto's deed mijn mond open vallen van verbazing.
Nimmer heb ik zulke mooie foto's gezien,en geloof me ik heb er veel gezien!
Wat Callie maakt is van een ongelooflijke kwaliteit.
Zoals hij het licht kan vangen heb ik nog nooit eerder gezien .
Op een manier waardoor de dieren zo mooi uitkomen.
Ik hoop dat Callie ooit een fotoboek maakt.Ik zal de eerste zijn om er een te bestellen!
Mensen moeten de natuur respecteren en ik hoop dat het werk van Callie veel mensen zal inspireren tot het maken van mooie natuurfoto's en tot het besef dat de natuur geweldig mooi is en moet blijven.
Waarom?Kijk naar de foto's van Callie en je weet waarom!"
October 11th, 2007
Gerhard Theron says:
"It would be the easiest to write a testimonial for someone I have met in person. Therefore Callie is my first.
I met Callie a couple of years ago after we have become cyber-friends on a photo website. When I met him I had just acquired my first camera and I was amazed at the photos he submitted. As our friendship progressed I came to see that this man in not only the quality photographer that all of you can judge for yourselves but a true "Naturalist" in every sense. (..spiders excluded).
His love for nature shows in his art. He is a walking encyclopedia with animal facts and very interesting to be with.
Even though he is my friend, I can not refer to him without the word "mentor" comming to mind."
February 23rd, 2006
"Wild Images is not just a nickname or an avatar; it is the symbol and incarnation of "wildness" presented with the highest artistic endeavor.
For those who are amazed by the photos of National Geographic, expect to experience similar amazement here. I am really impressed by two things Callie (Wild Images) taught me: the wonder of a place and how to embody that place through art."
February 23rd, 2006
"One of the best, if not the best bird photographer I've come across ever. Perhaps with stiff competition from his fellow friend Nature Photographer. The pictures are all breathtaking and with great technical skill. Very careful with his composition, lighting and background. Browse and learn!"
February 14th, 2006
- Callie de Wet
- February 2006
- Egoli, Gauteng
- I am:
- Male and Taken