A bit about myself; I am a biomedical researcher, born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. I am ethnically Chinese.
My photographs can be summed up as landscapes, architecture and occasional objects and animals. Most involve natural beauty and history, though others are based on ghost stories, urban legends, and abandoned places. I rarely do portraits. Recently I have been playing around with panoramic pictures, which seem to be somewhat popular, as well as night photography and natural mixed light settings (somewhat difficult in sunny California). I am still experimenting, so things (including photos) may change from time to time.
People have been asking me about permission to use my photographs.
As a general rule, I am fine with individual use or use for a non-profit organization.
I am less fine with for-profit companies but we can talk and reach an agreement depending on the situation.
If I think you are representing a large company who could afford to pay me and is trying to save a few measly dollars in exchange for "recognition", I say good day, I will not undercut people who do this as a living.
- panoramas 362,124 photos, 49,137 members
- Something Blue (Only Blue) 379,792 photos, 45,851 members
- SF Bay Area 115,027 photos, 4,542 members
- Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve 660 photos, 44 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 73,879 photos, 4,044 members
- Rusty Mailboxes - Make Sure Your Pic Shows the Rust! 2,898 photos, 524 members
- Hugin Users Group 15,338 photos, 1,547 members
- Northern California Photography 166,989 photos, 4,968 members
- St George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm 28 photos, 8 members
- The California Gold Rush 34 photos, 4 members
- Landscape 921,224 photos, 90,351 members
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area 3,370 photos, 451 members
- Nike Missile Launch Sites 127 photos, 15 members
- California, off the Beaten Path 13,713 photos, 276 members
- Silicon Valley Photographers 18,958 photos, 675 members
- One Bottle 23,479 photos, 5,080 members
- US National Historic Landmarks 12,435 photos, 614 members
- U.S. National Natural Landmarks 307 photos, 40 members
- U.S. State Parks & Reserves etc. 6,471 photos, 539 members
- History is All Around Us 121,100 photos, 3,185 members
- The World Architecture Map (WAM) 14,533 photos, 942 members
- Trail of Tears 93 photos, 23 members
- Shiloh 940 photos, 61 members
- The Necropolis - Yes, I visit Graveyards! 29,558 photos, 541 members
- Museums of War 53,314 photos, 955 members
- Geotagged: Tennessee 1,091 photos, 36 members
- We travel the World 907,815 photos, 40,550 members
- Amateurs 2,468,316 photos, 50,092 members
- Walk Among Giants Online Photo Contest 627 photos, 190 members
- U.S. National Forests 20,036 photos, 1,239 members
- Sequoia National Park 3,378 photos, 565 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 136,285 photos, 7,554 members
- American Civil War Battlefields 34,342 photos, 2,314 members
- TENNESSEE 52,950 photos, 1,573 members
- Mainstation Stuttgart 566 photos, 126 members
- National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) Photo Contest 274 photos, 201 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 466,486 photos, 15,452 members
- california history 8,100 photos, 308 members
- California Missions 9,586 photos, 763 members
www78 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Wayne Hsieh
- July 2009
- Sunnyvale, CA
- Sunnyvale, CA, United States
- I am:
- Male and Single