A bit about myself; I am a biomedical researcher, born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. I am ethnically Chinese.
My photographs can be summed up as landscapes, architecture and occasional objects and animals. Most involve natural beauty and history, though others are based on ghost stories, urban legends, and abandoned places. I rarely do portraits. Recently I have been playing around with panoramic pictures, which seem to be somewhat popular, as well as night photography and natural mixed light settings (somewhat difficult in sunny California). I am still experimenting, so things (including photos) may change from time to time.
People have been asking me about permission to use my photographs.
As a general rule, I am fine with individual use or use for a non-profit organization.
I am less fine with for-profit companies but we can talk and reach an agreement depending on the situation.
If I think you are representing a large company who could afford to pay me and is trying to save a few measly dollars in exchange for "recognition", I say good day, I will not undercut people who do this as a living.
- * Vanishing Points * 184,272 photos, 37,470 members
- Rural Decay 207,535 photos, 38,717 members
- panoramas 371,413 photos, 50,077 members
- Something Blue (Only Blue) 385,311 photos, 46,713 members
- SF Bay Area 115,489 photos, 4,560 members
- Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve 664 photos, 44 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 75,825 photos, 4,062 members
- Rusty Mailboxes - Make Sure Your Pic Shows the Rust! 2,904 photos, 526 members
- Hugin Users Group 15,457 photos, 1,551 members
- Northern California Photography 168,607 photos, 4,994 members
- St George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm 28 photos, 8 members
- The California Gold Rush 34 photos, 4 members
- Landscape 927,647 photos, 90,803 members
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area 3,346 photos, 454 members
- Nike Missile Launch Sites 80 photos, 15 members
- California, off the Beaten Path 13,828 photos, 280 members
- Silicon Valley Photographers 19,157 photos, 683 members
- One Bottle 23,729 photos, 5,104 members
- US National Historic Landmarks 12,591 photos, 613 members
- U.S. National Natural Landmarks 316 photos, 42 members
- U.S. State Parks & Reserves etc. 6,520 photos, 544 members
- History is All Around Us 123,322 photos, 3,236 members
- The World Architecture Map (WAM) 14,911 photos, 945 members
- Trail of Tears 93 photos, 23 members
- Shiloh 944 photos, 62 members
- The Necropolis - Yes, I visit Graveyards! 29,887 photos, 547 members
- Museums of War 53,202 photos, 975 members
- Geotagged: Tennessee 1,128 photos, 36 members
- We travel the World 924,823 photos, 40,976 members
- Amateurs 2,573,953 photos, 52,145 members
- Walk Among Giants Online Photo Contest 627 photos, 190 members
- U.S. National Forests 20,222 photos, 1,258 members
- Sequoia National Park 3,395 photos, 570 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 138,477 photos, 7,669 members
- American Civil War Battlefields 35,153 photos, 2,348 members
- TENNESSEE 53,316 photos, 1,583 members
- Mainstation Stuttgart 567 photos, 126 members
- National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) Photo Contest 269 photos, 201 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 471,914 photos, 15,563 members
- california history 8,358 photos, 310 members
- California Missions 9,641 photos, 766 members
www78 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Wayne Hsieh
- July 2009
- Sunnyvale, CA
- Sunnyvale, CA, United States
- I am:
- Male and Single