I'm a Dutch woman, living in Asia for the past 12 years of my 38 years on this planet. Always see myself as a citizen of the world, but hey, you need to live somewhere :) and I chose Asia as my home base.
I love traveling, nature, hiking, swimming, arts, cultures, and have a thing for languages.
Professionally I'm in the IT field, running my own little software consultancy business, and trying to get more involved in the education industry. I'm doing the final year of my studies in Instructional Design & Technology to certified in the education field. Love teaching and do it for the past 8 years as a volunteer on Sunday's teaching a computer class in a temple for the less fortunate.
About my photography hobby:
Bought my first SLR in 1997 and was hooked to the world of cameras and visual imaging. That was a full manual Pentax, second hand, back in Amsterdam where I lived at the time. Did a beginners course to learn the bare basics and other than that I'm fully self-taught in photography.
Went traveling for 3 months through China, Pakistan, Tibet, Nepal back in 1999 and bought a new second hand SLR, the Canon EOS 50E, with a Sigma 24-200mm lens to have a good all-rounder. Was shooting slides at the time and still want to find a way to convert them to digital.
In 2000 I moved to Singapore to work and live there. Still in Singapore now, after some short "stop-overs" in China. In 2001 I bought my first digital camera, Nikon Coolpix 995 - at the time DSLR's were beyond my budget. My Coolpix gave up on me in 2006 and I bought my first DSLR: Canon 30D with Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens. Again a good all-rounder. There are still items on my wish list to add on to the camera - but overall quite happy with it. Now I have the Canon EF-L 24-105mm f/4-5.6 IS and love this lens as my main lens!
In 2007 I also bought a Canon G7, with Ikelite housing and strobe, to satisfy my itch to capture the beautiful world underwater. Still trying to learn how to do that better and not much time to go diving lately. But using the G7 sometimes for my travels in the region as well, as it is easier to carry around, especially when going hiking.
I'm using my flickr mainly to showcase the pictures that I personally like and think are worthy of displaying here.
If you would like to use any of my pictures, feel free to do so if it is for non-commercial purposes and with mentioning of my name: Bianca Polak. Appreciate to get the URL or a copy of the print if possible, kindly let me know by dropping me an email that you are using my photo.
If it is for commercial purposes, please contact me what you intend to use it for and I'll be happy to give you permission on a case-by-case basis.
For my photo albums by theme / holiday / outings see:
check this out, my flickr dna :)
This work is licenced under a
Creative Commons Licence.
Photos of whitecat sg (2)
- World Monuments Watch 554 photos, 106 members
- Canon EOS 60D Owners' Club 171,624 photos, 5,777 members
- Trash Photography Group 337 photos, 68 members
- Portrait vs. Nature Looking for Mods! email admin for mod statu 586 photos, 217 members
- Akha people 1,181 photos, 72 members
- Marina Bay SG 14,299 photos, 679 members
- Route to the Mountains 2,230 photos, 148 members
- UNIFIED Challenge Admin testground 7 photos, 47 members
- DIVE Thailand 195 photos, 123 members
- Tree Photos 117,519 photos, 8,232 members
- The Challenge Group Game 15,644 photos, 2,915 members
- Frogfish Photography - underwater images 38,362 photos, 1,157 members
- FiNS Group 54,490 photos, 1,489 members
- Singapore Heritage 3,042 photos, 4 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #6 ☆ Andromeda "50." Invite Only (P1/A5) 112,527 photos, 7,278 members
- 中国国家地理/Chinese National Geography 44,325 photos, 1,801 members
- Facebook.com Canon Digital Photography 14,890 photos, 2,447 members
- STREETART 551,247 photos, 28,048 members
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM 187,664 photos, 10,228 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 496,170 photos, 45,147 members
- Creative Photo Group_ BASIC (P1-C3) 488,098 photos, 29,156 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #5 ☆ Elite. Invite Only (P1/A5) 125,384 photos, 8,882 members
- Bottles 9,262 photos, 1,853 members
- Flickr Challenge Group! 20,919 photos, 5,644 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #4 ☆ Art. Invite Only (P1/A5) 157,870 photos, 11,025 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #3 ☆ Gold. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 190,049 photos, 12,704 members
- Amazing mountain landscape 11,118 photos, 618 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #2 ☆ Silver. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 266,646 photos, 16,158 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #1 ☆ Bronze. Post 1, Award 5. (Sweeper) 960,406 photos, 39,400 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,165,393 photos, 73,865 members
- Nokia N82 User Group 7,255 photos, 677 members
- Singapore 168,164 photos, 6,070 members
- Singapore Images 124,684 photos, 5,482 members
- 100+ COMMENT GROUP **(P1/A2) 35,780 photos, 4,106 members
- Wonderful world of flowers (P1/A2) 93,923 photos, 6,968 members
- Just Clouds P1/ A2 ** INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!!**Post 1 Award 2. 20,934 photos, 3,083 members
- Best of Indonesia 22,923 photos, 1,585 members
- "The Elite of Flickr's Awesome Blossoms (ADMIN INVITED ONLY)" 26,519 photos, 2,712 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a5) 567,469 photos, 46,551 members
- "Flickrs Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 267,581 photos, 13,371 members
- Macro Photography 320,017 photos, 37,184 members
- Butterfly Gallery - P1 C1 Please 119,425 photos, 14,701 members
- Butterflies 128,910 photos, 12,941 members
- Butterfly Beauty 106,030 photos, 10,182 members
- The Flower Basket *Post 1 - Award 3* *Sweeper Active* 92,561 photos, 7,597 members
- Ocean Sunfish (Mola Mola) 409 photos, 95 members
- Chinese Food 39,765 photos, 2,911 members
- Beginners, hoping for Feedback 355,715 photos, 12,468 members
- Sky 209,126 photos, 13,205 members
- Images On Blue 8,262 photos, 1,950 members
whitecat sg doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2007
- Willemstad (Netherlands)
- Singapore, singapore
- I am:
- bianca's photos
- Yahoo! IM:
- MSN Messenger:
- biapol [at] hotmail.com