I'm a Dutch woman, living in Asia for the past 12 years of my 38 years on this planet. Always see myself as a citizen of the world, but hey, you need to live somewhere :) and I chose Asia as my home base.
I love traveling, nature, hiking, swimming, arts, cultures, and have a thing for languages.
Professionally I'm in the IT field, running my own little software consultancy business, and trying to get more involved in the education industry. I'm doing the final year of my studies in Instructional Design & Technology to certified in the education field. Love teaching and do it for the past 8 years as a volunteer on Sunday's teaching a computer class in a temple for the less fortunate.
About my photography hobby:
Bought my first SLR in 1997 and was hooked to the world of cameras and visual imaging. That was a full manual Pentax, second hand, back in Amsterdam where I lived at the time. Did a beginners course to learn the bare basics and other than that I'm fully self-taught in photography.
Went traveling for 3 months through China, Pakistan, Tibet, Nepal back in 1999 and bought a new second hand SLR, the Canon EOS 50E, with a Sigma 24-200mm lens to have a good all-rounder. Was shooting slides at the time and still want to find a way to convert them to digital.
In 2000 I moved to Singapore to work and live there. Still in Singapore now, after some short "stop-overs" in China. In 2001 I bought my first digital camera, Nikon Coolpix 995 - at the time DSLR's were beyond my budget. My Coolpix gave up on me in 2006 and I bought my first DSLR: Canon 30D with Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens. Again a good all-rounder. There are still items on my wish list to add on to the camera - but overall quite happy with it. Now I have the Canon EF-L 24-105mm f/4-5.6 IS and love this lens as my main lens!
In 2007 I also bought a Canon G7, with Ikelite housing and strobe, to satisfy my itch to capture the beautiful world underwater. Still trying to learn how to do that better and not much time to go diving lately. But using the G7 sometimes for my travels in the region as well, as it is easier to carry around, especially when going hiking.
I'm using my flickr mainly to showcase the pictures that I personally like and think are worthy of displaying here.
If you would like to use any of my pictures, feel free to do so if it is for non-commercial purposes and with mentioning of my name: Bianca Polak. Appreciate to get the URL or a copy of the print if possible, kindly let me know by dropping me an email that you are using my photo.
If it is for commercial purposes, please contact me what you intend to use it for and I'll be happy to give you permission on a case-by-case basis.
For my photo albums by theme / holiday / outings see:
check this out, my flickr dna :)
This work is licenced under a
Creative Commons Licence.
Photos of whitecat sg (2)
- World Monuments Watch 720 photos, 125 members
- Trash Photography Group 416 photos, 85 members
- Portrait vs. Nature Looking for Mods! email admin for mod statu 565 photos, 220 members
- Akha people 1,236 photos, 79 members
- Marina Bay SG 16,950 photos, 733 members
- Route to the Mountains 2,795 photos, 155 members
- UNIFIED Challenge Admin testground 7 photos, 53 members
- DIVE Thailand 184 photos, 139 members
- Tree Photos 152,652 photos, 10,311 members
- The Challenge Group Game 15,968 photos, 3,100 members
- Frogfish Photography - underwater images 41,901 photos, 1,198 members
- FiNS Group 59,347 photos, 1,566 members
- Singapore Heritage 3,042 photos, 4 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #6 ☆ Andromeda "50." Invite Only (P1/A5) 134,376 photos, 7,715 members
- 中国国家地理/Chinese National Geography 51,384 photos, 1,956 members
- Facebook.com Canon Digital Photography 14,924 photos, 2,414 members
- STREETART 593,510 photos, 28,591 members
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM 226,417 photos, 11,563 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 535,790 photos, 45,906 members
- Creative Photo Group_ BASIC (P1-C3) 512,791 photos, 29,633 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #5 ☆ Elite. Invite Only (P1/A5) 149,300 photos, 9,252 members
- Bottles 9,944 photos, 1,899 members
- Flickr Challenge Group! 21,521 photos, 5,892 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #4 ☆ Art. Invite Only (P1/A5) 185,283 photos, 11,385 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #3 ☆ Gold. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 220,415 photos, 13,118 members
- Amazing mountain landscape 12,149 photos, 622 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #2 ☆ Silver. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 302,119 photos, 16,652 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #1 ☆ Bronze. Post 1, Award 5. 1,052,335 photos, 40,404 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,161,321 photos, 74,588 members
- Nokia N82 User Group 7,078 photos, 664 members
- Singapore 183,772 photos, 6,284 members
- Singapore Images 147,059 photos, 6,339 members
- 100+ COMMENT GROUP **(P1/A2) 36,319 photos, 4,218 members
- Wonderful world of flowers (P1/A2) 97,752 photos, 7,019 members
- Just Clouds P1/ A2 ** INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!!**Post 1 Award 2. 22,055 photos, 3,111 members
- Best of Indonesia 26,198 photos, 1,760 members
- "The Elite of Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" (ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 27,469 photos, 2,834 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a5) 626,929 photos, 47,589 members
- "Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 277,306 photos, 13,637 members
- Macro Photography 415,364 photos, 43,669 members
- Butterfly Gallery - P1 C1 - Voting is now OPEN 132,818 photos, 15,448 members
- Butterflies 141,116 photos, 13,233 members
- Butterfly Beauty 122,916 photos, 10,676 members
- The Flower Basket *Post 1 - Award 3* *Sweeper Active* 94,478 photos, 7,570 members
- Ocean Sunfish (Mola Mola) 404 photos, 105 members
- Chinese Food 42,152 photos, 2,982 members
- Beginners, hoping for Feedback 412,176 photos, 13,199 members
- Sky 233,429 photos, 13,964 members
- Images On Blue 8,002 photos, 1,934 members
- Creatures Of The Sea 3,495 photos, 599 members
whitecat sg doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2007
- Willemstad (Netherlands)
- Singapore, singapore
- I am:
- bianca's photos
- Yahoo! IM: