I'm a Dutch woman, living in Asia for the past 12 years of my 38 years on this planet. Always see myself as a citizen of the world, but hey, you need to live somewhere :) and I chose Asia as my home base.
I love traveling, nature, hiking, swimming, arts, cultures, and have a thing for languages.
Professionally I'm in the IT field, running my own little software consultancy business, and trying to get more involved in the education industry. I'm doing the final year of my studies in Instructional Design & Technology to certified in the education field. Love teaching and do it for the past 8 years as a volunteer on Sunday's teaching a computer class in a temple for the less fortunate.
About my photography hobby:
Bought my first SLR in 1997 and was hooked to the world of cameras and visual imaging. That was a full manual Pentax, second hand, back in Amsterdam where I lived at the time. Did a beginners course to learn the bare basics and other than that I'm fully self-taught in photography.
Went traveling for 3 months through China, Pakistan, Tibet, Nepal back in 1999 and bought a new second hand SLR, the Canon EOS 50E, with a Sigma 24-200mm lens to have a good all-rounder. Was shooting slides at the time and still want to find a way to convert them to digital.
In 2000 I moved to Singapore to work and live there. Still in Singapore now, after some short "stop-overs" in China. In 2001 I bought my first digital camera, Nikon Coolpix 995 - at the time DSLR's were beyond my budget. My Coolpix gave up on me in 2006 and I bought my first DSLR: Canon 30D with Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens. Again a good all-rounder. There are still items on my wish list to add on to the camera - but overall quite happy with it. Now I have the Canon EF-L 24-105mm f/4-5.6 IS and love this lens as my main lens!
In 2007 I also bought a Canon G7, with Ikelite housing and strobe, to satisfy my itch to capture the beautiful world underwater. Still trying to learn how to do that better and not much time to go diving lately. But using the G7 sometimes for my travels in the region as well, as it is easier to carry around, especially when going hiking.
I'm using my flickr mainly to showcase the pictures that I personally like and think are worthy of displaying here.
If you would like to use any of my pictures, feel free to do so if it is for non-commercial purposes and with mentioning of my name: Bianca Polak. Appreciate to get the URL or a copy of the print if possible, kindly let me know by dropping me an email that you are using my photo.
If it is for commercial purposes, please contact me what you intend to use it for and I'll be happy to give you permission on a case-by-case basis.
For my photo albums by theme / holiday / outings see:
check this out, my flickr dna :)
This work is licenced under a
Creative Commons Licence.
Photos of whitecat sg (2)
- INDO INDIAN RELICS 7,419 photos, 784 members
- World Monuments Watch 914 photos, 157 members
- Trash Photography Group 511 photos, 96 members
- Portrait vs. Nature Looking for Mods! email admin for mod statu 565 photos, 215 members
- Akha people 1,248 photos, 89 members
- Marina Bay SG 19,548 photos, 788 members
- Route to the Mountains 3,161 photos, 162 members
- UNIFIED Challenge Admin testground 7 photos, 51 members
- DIVE Thailand 184 photos, 149 members
- Tree Photos 200,996 photos, 12,626 members
- The Challenge Group Game 16,753 photos, 3,279 members
- Frogfish Photography - underwater images 44,558 photos, 1,236 members
- FiNS Group 63,100 photos, 1,627 members
- Singapore Heritage 3,042 photos, 4 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #6 ☆ Andromeda "50." Invite Only (P1/A5) 155,101 photos, 7,985 members
- 中国国家地理/Chinese National Geography 54,391 photos, 2,075 members
- Facebook.com Canon Digital Photography 14,829 photos, 2,398 members
- STREETART 630,450 photos, 29,138 members
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM 258,474 photos, 12,602 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 568,559 photos, 46,527 members
- Creative Photo Group_ BASIC (P1-C3) 535,404 photos, 30,155 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #5 ☆ Elite. Invite Only (P1/A5) 171,876 photos, 9,464 members
- Bottles 10,379 photos, 1,946 members
- Flickr Challenge Group! (moderators needed!) 22,078 photos, 5,999 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #4 ☆ Art. Invite Only (P1/A5) 211,834 photos, 11,606 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #3 ☆ Gold. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 250,616 photos, 13,378 members
- Amazing mountain landscape 12,406 photos, 627 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #2 ☆ Silver. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 337,072 photos, 16,937 members
- Super~Six Bronze ☆ Stage #1 ☆ 1,080,023 photos, 40,361 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,147,066 photos, 75,797 members
- Nokia N82 User Group 7,050 photos, 657 members
- Singapore 195,711 photos, 6,602 members
- Singapore Images 166,770 photos, 6,840 members
- 100+ COMMENT GROUP **(P1/A2) 37,746 photos, 4,273 members
- Wonderful world of flowers (P1/A2) 103,539 photos, 7,111 members
- Just Clouds P1/ A2 ** INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!!**Post 1 Award 2. 22,383 photos, 3,120 members
- Best of Indonesia 28,325 photos, 1,873 members
- "The Elite of Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" (ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 28,960 photos, 2,900 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a3) 673,211 photos, 48,336 members
- "Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 290,008 photos, 13,954 members
- Macro Photography 507,647 photos, 48,596 members
- Butterfly Gallery - P1 C1 please 146,562 photos, 16,375 members
- Butterflies 154,960 photos, 13,684 members
- Butterfly Beauty 140,644 photos, 11,433 members
- The Flower Basket *Post 1 - Award 3* *Sweeper Active* 97,211 photos, 7,596 members
- Ocean Sunfish (Mola Mola) 402 photos, 108 members
- Chinese Food 43,757 photos, 3,037 members
- Beginners, hoping for Feedback 470,822 photos, 13,673 members
- Sky 262,376 photos, 14,985 members
- Images On Blue 7,945 photos, 1,932 members
whitecat sg doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2007
- Willemstad (Netherlands)
- Singapore, singapore
- I am:
- bianca's photos
- Yahoo! IM: