I'm a Dutch woman, living in Asia for the past 12 years of my 38 years on this planet. Always see myself as a citizen of the world, but hey, you need to live somewhere :) and I chose Asia as my home base.
I love traveling, nature, hiking, swimming, arts, cultures, and have a thing for languages.
Professionally I'm in the IT field, running my own little software consultancy business, and trying to get more involved in the education industry. I'm doing the final year of my studies in Instructional Design & Technology to certified in the education field. Love teaching and do it for the past 8 years as a volunteer on Sunday's teaching a computer class in a temple for the less fortunate.
About my photography hobby:
Bought my first SLR in 1997 and was hooked to the world of cameras and visual imaging. That was a full manual Pentax, second hand, back in Amsterdam where I lived at the time. Did a beginners course to learn the bare basics and other than that I'm fully self-taught in photography.
Went traveling for 3 months through China, Pakistan, Tibet, Nepal back in 1999 and bought a new second hand SLR, the Canon EOS 50E, with a Sigma 24-200mm lens to have a good all-rounder. Was shooting slides at the time and still want to find a way to convert them to digital.
In 2000 I moved to Singapore to work and live there. Still in Singapore now, after some short "stop-overs" in China. In 2001 I bought my first digital camera, Nikon Coolpix 995 - at the time DSLR's were beyond my budget. My Coolpix gave up on me in 2006 and I bought my first DSLR: Canon 30D with Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens. Again a good all-rounder. There are still items on my wish list to add on to the camera - but overall quite happy with it. Now I have the Canon EF-L 24-105mm f/4-5.6 IS and love this lens as my main lens!
In 2007 I also bought a Canon G7, with Ikelite housing and strobe, to satisfy my itch to capture the beautiful world underwater. Still trying to learn how to do that better and not much time to go diving lately. But using the G7 sometimes for my travels in the region as well, as it is easier to carry around, especially when going hiking.
I'm using my flickr mainly to showcase the pictures that I personally like and think are worthy of displaying here.
If you would like to use any of my pictures, feel free to do so if it is for non-commercial purposes and with mentioning of my name: Bianca Polak. Appreciate to get the URL or a copy of the print if possible, kindly let me know by dropping me an email that you are using my photo.
If it is for commercial purposes, please contact me what you intend to use it for and I'll be happy to give you permission on a case-by-case basis.
For my photo albums by theme / holiday / outings see:
check this out, my flickr dna :)
This work is licenced under a
Creative Commons Licence.
Photos of whitecat sg (2)
- INDO INDIAN RELICS 10,188 photos, 883 members
- World Monuments Watch 1,368 photos, 180 members
- Trash Photography Group 621 photos, 104 members
- Portrait vs. Nature Looking for Mods! email admin for mod statu 563 photos, 217 members
- Akha people 1,274 photos, 94 members
- Marina Bay SG 21,505 photos, 815 members
- Route to the Mountains 3,436 photos, 172 members
- UNIFIED Challenge Admin testground 7 photos, 52 members
- DIVE Thailand 183 photos, 157 members
- Tree Photos 241,349 photos, 13,970 members
- The Challenge Group Game 17,051 photos, 3,325 members
- Frogfish Photography - underwater images 47,085 photos, 1,269 members
- FiNS Group 65,488 photos, 1,659 members
- Singapore Heritage 3,042 photos, 4 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #6 ☆ Andromeda "50." Invite Only (P1/A5) 173,964 photos, 8,086 members
- 中国国家地理/Chinese National Geography 60,742 photos, 2,163 members
- Facebook.com Canon Digital Photography 15,040 photos, 2,390 members
- STREETART 666,788 photos, 29,491 members
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM 286,705 photos, 13,260 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 599,066 photos, 46,859 members
- Creative Photo Group_ BASIC (P1-C3) 562,881 photos, 30,442 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #5 ☆ Elite. Invite Only (P1/A5) 192,941 photos, 9,539 members
- Bottles 10,794 photos, 1,989 members
- Flickr Challenge Group! 22,556 photos, 6,037 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #4 ☆ Art. Invite Only (P1/A5) 236,135 photos, 11,671 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #3 ☆ Gold. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 278,035 photos, 13,481 members
- Amazing mountain landscape 13,523 photos, 641 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #2 ☆ Silver. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 369,737 photos, 17,078 members
- Super~Six Bronze ☆ Stage #1 ☆ 1,123,079 photos, 40,345 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,188,117 photos, 76,741 members
- Nokia N82 User Group 7,008 photos, 649 members
- Singapore 205,427 photos, 6,795 members
- Singapore Images 180,957 photos, 7,178 members
- 100+ COMMENT GROUP **(P1/A2) 38,133 photos, 4,305 members
- Wonderful world of flowers (P1/A2) 110,361 photos, 7,208 members
- Just Clouds P1/ A2 ** INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!!**Post 1 Award 2. 23,488 photos, 3,147 members
- Best of Indonesia 36,481 photos, 1,966 members
- "The Elite of Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" (ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 30,480 photos, 2,953 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a3) 720,834 photos, 48,751 members
- "Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 302,696 photos, 14,109 members
- Macro Photography 604,279 photos, 52,538 members
- Butterfly Gallery - P1 C1 please 158,923 photos, 17,085 members
- Butterflies 168,501 photos, 14,073 members
- Butterfly Beauty 158,308 photos, 12,107 members
- The Flower Basket *Post 1 - Award 3* *Sweeper Active* 100,973 photos, 7,635 members
- Ocean Sunfish (Mola Mola) 397 photos, 110 members
- Chinese Food 44,812 photos, 3,070 members
- Beginners, hoping for Feedback 514,239 photos, 13,980 members
- Sky 290,331 photos, 15,640 members
- Images On Blue 7,869 photos, 1,920 members
whitecat sg doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2007
- Willemstad (Netherlands)
- Singapore, singapore
- I am:
- bianca's photos
- Yahoo! IM: