Does anybody happen to have a spare Pro Account laying around they're not using...? :)
Schoolin': Art Center College of Design
Camera: Canon 5D Mark II
Lens: 24-105mm L-series
I am: A new photographer.
I enjoy: Shooting people.
I love: Lighting.
This is: A work in progress as I still have a lot to learn about photography.
Looking to assist professionals.
And if you're interested in any of the images in my photo stream, please feel free to send me an email.
Just to be clear: ALL IMAGES ARE © COPYRIGHTED and are the property of Gabriel Goldberg ("G*Squared"). They may not be reposted without my permission.
(Formerly "Whipflash" All images before 2007 ©Whipflash Studios)
- New York Photography 462,339 photos, 22,917 members
- NOH8 Campaign 16,364 photos, 1,389 members
- beautiful portrait 101,962 photos, 3,324 members
- PROFESSIONAL & FANTASTIC PORTRAIT 10,029 photos, 527 members
- Fabulous portrait ✧HIGH QUALITY✧ 30,169 photos, 1,140 members
- Black and White With Meaning 2,645 photos, 671 members
- It Gets Better!!! 106 photos, 70 members
- On Sunday 526 photos, 213 members
- Design is Easy 19 photos, 24 members
- PhotoVotr 36,843 photos, 1,693 members
- FILE - SUBMISSIONS 20,349 photos, 1,869 members
- sky of apocalypse 4,325 photos, 1,194 members
- clouds 681,821 photos, 40,182 members
- Clouds,Lightning&Storms( Post 1,Award 2 -SWEEPER ACTIVE) 5,373 photos, 1,612 members
- F L E U R 3,339 photos, 899 members
- Mr. Moog's 52 Weeks Emporium 1,915 photos, 413 members
- Photography Mentor 2,479 photos, 1,439 members
- Fashion World 195,416 photos, 11,392 members
- the carbro printing process 5 photos, 185 members
- FILE - Photography and Graphic Design search. 30,145 photos, 2,534 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 489,502 photos, 32,701 members
- Nintendo Wii 3,261 photos, 1,093 members
- Video game world 70,336 photos, 4,024 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 3,023,750 photos, 95,923 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 82,329 photos, 15,346 members
- Strobist.com 608,692 photos, 124,072 members
- fine art photography group 4,334 photos, 352 members
- Dazed & Confused - Cover Versions 24 photos, 1,016 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only) 46,197 photos, 20,505 members
- The V.I.P. Club 8,798 photos, 205 members
- Male Fashion Photography 15,030 photos, 1,701 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 124,035 photos, 28,937 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 935,468 photos, 31,795 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 486,902 photos, 63,696 members
- The City of Hollywood 4,131 photos, 238 members
- People at Airports and on Planes 1,773 photos, 838 members
- Beautiful Guys 26,177 photos, 3,518 members
- DigitalPixels.net 6,276 photos, 1,493 members
- Saint Just-5 the Magician 101 photos, 339 members
- CreativePortraiture 104,713 photos, 4,050 members
- Celebrities 41,111 photos, 4,507 members
- almost pro 5,491 photos, 317 members
- Stylish 4,449 photos, 1,687 members
- Commercial Retouching 3,620 photos, 892 members
- Advertising Photography 3,870 photos, 907 members
- WEIRD ADVERTISING CHARACTERS 5,049 photos, 672 members
- ADVERTISING IMAGES 13,902 photos, 1,477 members
- Golden Age of Advertising: 1950s - 1970s 35,577 photos, 2,069 members
- NPRO - National Photographers' Rights Organization 631 photos, 393 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 1,059,643 photos, 130,358 members
Lucia Holm says:
"Every time I see a new image from G, I'm in awe of the spectacular lighting and quality of the images...I strive to become as polished and professional! I'd like to pick his brain one day..."
May 1st, 2009
"his pictures are what i would describe using the word perfection. not perfection in a cold neutral way. perfection in a way of combining the exact right amount of stunningly gorgeous models, the right light, the right settings, the right portion of humour and sophistication. and from what i know he is an incredibly lovely guy himself. even though our styles (and state of professionalism) can't compare, i feel like we're seeing men through a similar pair of eyes.
your pictures always cheer me up, gabriel! we're lucky to have you here."
May 8th, 2009
sean eng™ says:
"Super Genius he is!
He is non-stop inspiring me from his great works.
Lighting and Composition are great, i have nothing to come near at all!
Salute to you!"
February 7th, 2009
"I don't write testimonials for anyone.
So this isn't a testimonial. It is a letter of intent to someday propose marriage.
p.s. Now that i have met you in real life I feel compelled to update this, but only to add the following: everything I had hoped about this man is totally true. I have never met someone better."
August 21st, 2008
Andy Houghton says:
"Gabriel has a natural talent for photography. His lighting is perfect and compostions beyond compare.....don't ever stop what you naturally do with such excellence and perfection."
August 14th, 2008
Mr. Moog says:
"A testimonial for Gabriel is pretty much one of the rules of flickr these days I think. I have yet to come across another stream that contains such consistantly stunning work. Influenced by fashion, culture, trash and glamour, it is always a pleasure to come back time after time in the hope that something new has been posted.
On top of that, he's an engaging and wonderful friend and I'm incredibly happy that I know him. Now hurry up and take your clothes off, for Christ's sake."
July 14th, 2008
"EASILY one of my favorite streams on flickr.
Gabriel is so unbelievably talented... I just know that one day (soon), I'll be looking up at billboards and flipping through major fashion mags and clapping with glee at his imagery. I also wish that I still lived in SoCal, so that I could apply to be his gaffer... if only to look at all that pretty... and soak up a little bit of his charm and brilliance!"
May 19th, 2008
Mr Brindle says:
"Simply stunning work. One of the few I follow religiously. Pretty hot to boot too."
May 9th, 2008
andrea francesco says:
"A true talented photographer. He has irony, he can be caustic or parodistic, but has the great quality of a strong technique. I'll follow his work more and more!"
February 21st, 2008
"I've admired Gabriel's work over the past few years and it has gotten so tight and beautiful.
G, all of your hard work really shows...and it doesn't hurt that you have a great sense of humor, excellent casting and storytelling abilities. You're going places, Sir!"
February 2nd, 2008
The Guncle says:
"You know, I think I'm the best artist ever so if I ever take the time to write one of these things you know it has to be serious.
G-squared, or Gigi if you will, is really the only real photographer out there. The rest of us are hacks. we suck, and we should get on our knees and chant, "I'm not worthy..." (okay I used sucking and knees in the same sentence and wasn't being sexual - what are the chances?)
In all seriousness - I do love this man's work. He also happens to be a good guy which is very cool. My hope is that he will run from the commercial side of photography (despite the tons of money he could make in the genre) and do a serious series that puts him in galleries across the globe. If he were stock, I'd buy him.
If my testy - moan - ial is misspelled with poor grammer, well I might be drunk, but that should not take away from the feeling behind everything I say about this wonderful, wonderful man."
June 28th, 2007
Robbie Locksville says:
"I thought it was time again, to write another testimonial for G!
Even though he is still studying and learning, his work improves every single time I see it.
Fresh, sexy and gorgeous! Each photo bursts with sleek lighting and subtle retouching.
I have no doubt this boys work will be in a magazine near you soon!
Keep up the sumptuous work my lovely!
March 19th, 2007
mark daniel says:
"taking the plunge to go back to school, gabriel's photographic and technical abilities as a result have taken an exponential leap forward. his photographs keep getting better and better. technically. and creatively.
i constantly look forward to gabriel's latest and greatest experiment."
February 18th, 2007
exterface dot com says:
"Very inspiring, very fresh, very clever, very sexy, very talented...
Your work is so very much something."
January 12th, 2007
"i finally took a break from working on modeling portfolios and damn glad i did :) WICKED photos. love your dark shots with gels, nice lighting. nice to look at too :) good stuff"
August 20th, 2006
Cade Buchanan says:
"From the moment I discovered Gabriel's work he became someone I regularly checked in on to see what visual delights he had provided on his page, and not once has he ever failed to impress. Nothin' but pure class in his work everytime, and definitely someone born to wield a camera. An absolute A+ photographer!"
August 15th, 2006
"What makes celebrities look different? When you open the magazine and see their skin, their lips, their confident stare at the lens, there's a certain sparkle that adds to their aura of myth. They are not ordinary people like us. There must be some sort of hidden technique known only by those in the studio.
Well, Mr. Gabriel "Whipflash" masters that secret and crosses that boundary all the time. Throughout his photos and portraits, you are led into the magic universe of glittering human beauty that makes magazines sell out and idols achieve fame.
The thing is, there are no famous people here, but mostly people like you and me (OK, they may be a bit better-looking, but that's it). Gabriel's lens brings the stardom out of common people and makes them shine. You see a portrait and have the feeling you're the only one who still doesn't know and love that person.
Gabriel's pictures are a feast to the eyes. His men are invariably hot and his women are evenly glamorous, but never in a cliché, predictable way. He has found the perfect blend of sophistication and sex appeal. There's always an irresistible touch of wittiness and humour that teases you and makes you believe there's much more about the portrayed person than what meets the eye.
If you were granted the chance to ask a fairy to transform you into a star, you can bet the fairy would rush for Gabriel and his magic touch. He is definitely doomed to Hollywood, because he has Hollywood in his eyes and written all over his work."
March 28th, 2006
David Maury says:
"Everyone should have a good look at Gabriel's work! Ever since I stumbled across him, I always found his pics inspiring and original and truly wonderful. Gabriel has an eye for class and his portraits just ooze sophistication and have that 'professional' feel to them that is so hard to achieve. That boy is on his way to pure genius I'm telling ya!
His other endearing quality is his kindness which shines through his entertaining comments and of course he's witty and clever as can be, taking the time to go beyong the usual 'great' or 'beautiful'. When he was away for a few months I did miss his presence and was so glad to find out he came back to haunt us. Last but not least: he's a hansome devil & a charmer like no one! I'd marry him if I wasn't already spoken for! Go Gabriel, keep inspiring us!"
January 18th, 2006
··· r o k ··· says:
"Whipflash is one of the most great Flickr account.
I love Whipflash.
Whipflash is my sunny teacher!
Sweet, Sexy, Superb!!!!!!!
You dont loose your time
seeing this great sets.
September 28th, 2005
"handsome, brainiac, goofy, laughs like me, sweetheart, connoisseur of photography, lovable, yummy, fat."
September 17th, 2005
D.James | Darren J. Ryan says:
"Stunning, amazing, wow, fantastic, sexy and smoldering are just some of the words I've used to describe Gabriel's work. He is amazing photographer. If you haven't looked at his stream thoroughly, it is something you should really do. You may want to start with his Sin City project...it was executed impressively and definitley a must see. I can't wait to see what he shares with us next!"
September 18th, 2005
myla kent says:
"Richard Avedon once said, "My portraits are more about me than they are about the people I photograph."
Gabriel's super sweet heart is what shines through in his shots. Truly fabulous talent. One to watch, most definitely."
August 27th, 2005
- February 2005
- Los Angeles, USA
- I am: