"Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited, and the wealth and confusion man has created. It is a major force in explaining man to man." -Edward Steichen
"Photography captures light reflecting off of surfaces, sometimes the end result looks sweet. Simple as that." - Whateverland
Whateverland's favorite photos from other Flickr members (1)
- Out of Chicago 17,314 photos, 481 members
- Bike To Bar 803 photos, 37 members
- Forgotten Chicago 16,749 photos, 559 members
- Honda Ruckus/Zoomers 760 photos, 283 members
- Bianchi USA 3,404 photos, 1,023 members
- Chicago Critical Mass 1,346 photos, 201 members
- Chicago Art Department 178 photos, 39 members
- Bicycling Chicago 1,967 photos, 242 members
- Simply In Sauconys 173 photos, 79 members
- West Loop, Chicago 863 photos, 38 members
- Pilsen 2,094 photos, 109 members
- Northwest Indiana 13,072 photos, 296 members
- Chicago in Decay 3,363 photos, 890 members
- NAP2007 258 photos, 22 members
- ChiFlickr Chicago Meetup Club 1,660 photos, 1,269 members
- Saab 92X 178 photos, 39 members
- Chicago... 164,271 photos, 8,989 members
- Gapers Block - Chicago 106,135 photos, 1,889 members
- Chicago Photobloggers 8,677 photos, 163 members
"If I have children in the future and I tell them about my inspirations and great persons in my life like artists, actors, musicians, politicians, things and events, art and music that have touched me emotionally, Archie FlorCruz will be included.
Over the years Archie has emerged from the deep canyons of cyberspace. Most of his recent work can be seen on his photoblog whateverland.com. He now exhilarates an audience around the world and is a most favorable photographer.
But what's the secret behind this 30-year-old visionary? It's hard to tell. I think you can't describe Archie and his work in a few words. You have to experience him.
When I first stumbled upon his photoblog, I was amazed by his way of capturing things happening in his daily urban Chicago life. All those different coloured spaces, shapes and textures really ignited a level of passion in me, that was probably laying dormant but was there the whole time! I wouldn't say Archie's the reason why I started photography. Rather, he's the one who made me lose any sort of fear or doubt about just doing it.
Archie has a similiar taste for urban, often abandoned spaces, light and design much as I do. One interesting thing to note about Archie is the fact that some of his photos tell us a lot about his mood or there are just stories going on, even if it's not meant to be like this at first glance.
Just knowing that there's somebody on the other side of the planet who has the same thoughts and maybe even similar feelings about life and imagery help me make my dreams come true. Even all these words cannot express how much he means to me."
June 30th, 2009
resonant cushion says:
"Whateverwhat? Years ago as I turned a corner in my photography and was starting to get serious about it for the first time I stumbled upon Archie's photoblog and was in awe of his ability to capture urban landscapes. It was if the city was a person, sitting for a portrait, and Archie was that photographer. Fast forward to a few years later, I'm in the same city as him now, and I understand how he got his camera to pull of MOST of his shots. But I'm still in awe of his eye!"
June 18th, 2008
- January 2005
- Chicago, IL, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single