Summer 2008 Update
I don't think I've updated this profile since I got started here, so...
I am definitely not a film snob, but I really dig taking pictures with some film toy cameras as well as some different Polaroid formats. When I'm not using those, I use digital. No big deal.
I am sort of all over the place with the photos I take. I don't have a single theme. Not everything looks the same. I don't think I even have a style. Waaah! But I have fun, so Weeee!
Also, I've found that I love taking pictures of people's stuff. You live nearby? You got stuff? You wanna let me take a picture of you with your stuff? Well, cool. Let me know.
I'm not much for Photoshop, textures, effects, etc. -- I kind of burned out on playing around with that. I'll use it a bit, I have nothing against it. I just don't have a particularly creative use for it, so most of my Photoshop photos end up looking like they might have been done by monkeys.
There, that's all I'm saying for now.
Stay-at-home dad. I'm tired.
- Ice cream
- Dora the Explorer
- Reading Rainbow
- Almost any meat
- That talking pirate guy on SpongeBob SquarePants
- Stinky the Plant
I am pretty sure that's my list of likes/dislikes, but I've spent the last six years with two little girls, so I'm not exactly sure if that's my list or not. Those will have to do.
If I seem like a good match for you, you should probably see a psychiatrist.
I sure do love a good salad.
My JPG Magazine page (sometimes there are some different things there)
- Christmas Advent Calendar 2010 20 photos, 62 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 136,590 photos, 9,129 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,274 photos, 1,617 members
- Hipstamatic 317,702 photos, 16,768 members
- Christmas Advent Calendar 2009 16 photos, 85 members
- FlickrCentral 9,068,258 photos, 240,133 members
- Hasselblad 257,754 photos, 12,470 members
- Headless Holgas (and Dianas!) 625 photos, 233 members
- * The Long Photo * 1,492 photos, 260 members
- Diana Photography 35,623 photos, 10,043 members
- Polaroid Land Camera 47,800 photos, 5,457 members
- Philosophy of Photography 2,961 photos, 322 members
- Polaroid Spectra 20,778 photos, 2,423 members
- Martha's Vineyard 5,100 photos, 456 members
- Polaroid SX 70 106,582 photos, 14,524 members
- Shooting Blind :: ND400 1,077 photos, 186 members
- The Infamous "Buck Hamblin" Group 53 photos, 26 members
- Art & Theory Nobs 26,276 photos, 1,675 members
- Entitled 11,184 photos, 1,954 members
- Utata 444,026 photos, 25,970 members
- Holga Masterpieces (see rules) 2,176 photos, 1,279 members
- Holgagraphy 163,737 photos, 18,279 members
- Bucks County 16,650 photos, 546 members
"I started to write this as a comment, and in rereading it, I thought that sounded like a testimonial.
So here it is. Only the third one of these I've written since I got to Flickr in 2004.
How the hell have I missed your photostream until now???
And why can't I just click one thing to automatically make all your photos go straight into my favorites?
Such wonderful work! I look forward to everything you may post!"
May 16th, 2008
"Wes has the ability to convey sharp intelligence, sly humor, dark emotion, and immense tenderness -- very often, in the same photograph. Add to that his whip-smart commentary, and you're in for a real treat.
His images are full-on creative, and never fail to make me think / laugh / ponder. And he understands that the phrase "normal chaos" is not an oxymoron for those who spend their days with small children."
February 20th, 2007
"From his happiness-inducing Holga shots to his terrific TTVs,
From his incredible intimate (and whoa... I do mean intimate) photos to his perfect portraits & captivating captures of everyday life...
Wes's photos charm & inspire me like few others do.
Wes is the coolest. Hands down.
And if you say anything different, I challenge you to a duel."
January 13th, 2007
- June 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- IT Manager, Stay-At-Home Dad, Serial Title-Case User