The wandering Flickr blog for your viewing pleasure:
I have the Flickr 'Flu', and and am interested in forming Flickr friendships with others who have the same bug.
What I've wanted to do for years is to have a place where my relatives, friends and I can come to swap photos. I've accumulated a lot of photos over my sixty+ years of existence. I am a member of at least three immediate extended families: my mother's. my father's and my stepfather's. When my dad died and my mom remarried, I simply didn't get a chance to see people from mom and dad's families to the extent I had before. I'd like to pick up with this group. Also, I'd like to keep track of people from all three families who live from Florida to the Yukon, from California to Buffalo and from British Columbia to Nova Scotia. They are a well-travelled, accomplished bunch, who've been all over the world.
I'm also adding a lot of other stuff in here: family, trips, garden, my home, local history, pets, etc. My wife and I spend a lot of time with the grandkids, and we also travel a lot.
I've been a number of things in my life. The family business centred on the sale of farm and landscaping supplies. In the early 70s, I helped establish our family wholesale and retail produce business and garden centre. I've also been a high school English teacher and a curator of a mid-sized museum. I've done marketing and apartment audits. I worked (very) part-time at RONA Home and Garden Centre, primarily in the garden centre and greenhouse. RONA is a large Canadian DIY chain, much like Home Depot, Lowe's and B&Q.
My wife, Karen, taught forty-one years in Mississauga, Ontario, and has just fully retired.
Please let me know if you blog my photos. If you want to use one of my photos, I'm easy to get along with. Just ask.
A little housekeeping: I believe in reciprocation. I try to be proactive and generous in my comments, and I enjoy the interaction that comment exchanges provide. Please, if you ask to be my contact, be ready to make comments on my stream. Otherwise, I will deactivate the contact relationship. And if you have several thousand contacts, please give me a pass. You simply do not have time to undertake a flickr relationship.
From time to time, I will be uploading huge batches of photos in one go. I do this to add to my online archives that is made available to my extensive families, personal friends and flickr buddies. I hope that you all enjoy them. When I upload these batches, I do not expect people to comment on them. To do so would be arrogant on my part. Also, when I am preparing batch images for upload, I probably won't be doing a lot of commenting myself.
Welcome all and many thanks.
Photos of bill barber (5)
- Mountsberg Raptor Centre 885 photos, 90 members
- Flickr Walkabout Group 8,359 photos, 1,726 members
- Hespeler Ontario Canada 203 photos, 16 members
- Flying Reindeer 2008 (Closed) 399 photos, 58 members
- Canadian Urban Photography 7,942 photos, 208 members
- The Live Like a German Travel Guide to Germany 25,933 photos, 725 members
- Dynamic Diagonal 274 photos, 45 members
- VaBeach.com Photo Group 34 photos, 7 members
- Seven Cities Architecture 373 photos, 27 members
- Virginia Beach Photos 1,732 photos, 121 members
- Preservation Virginia (formerlly APVA) 353 photos, 70 members
- West of Toronto 4,716 photos, 99 members
- Halton Hills 2,906 photos, 158 members
- Churches - Please read the rules before posting 176,727 photos, 13,599 members
- Church Exteriors 172,239 photos, 11,734 members
- CHURCHES & HOUSES OF WORSHIP 180,322 photos, 11,335 members
- Rhein Main (Gebiet) 15,604 photos, 418 members
- Rhine River 1,664 photos, 115 members
- *Nature Pics* 441,783 photos, 9,755 members
- cattail 202 photos, 184 members
- Wetlands 17,604 photos, 984 members
- Mississauga Photography 28,529 photos, 887 members
- Helicopters 64,744 photos, 3,500 members
- Posterised 1,245 photos, 219 members
- Virginia Beach 7,173 photos, 815 members
- Michigan Weimaraner's 16 photos, 8 members
- The Weimaraner Group 12,743 photos, 832 members
- Flickr Addicts 6,835,374 photos, 100,272 members
- Bokeh Wednesday 52,791 photos, 2,921 members
- The Cambridge Advocate 451 photos, 32 members
- Aschaffenburg -the city also known as the Nizza at the Untermain 1,490 photos, 44 members
- World's Most Stunning Shots *** 24,118 photos, 2,402 members
- Silversurfers Photo Centre 40+ 28,195 photos, 234 members
- ! Quality Pixels ! ~ Post 1 - Award 2 ~ 174,995 photos, 6,993 members
- ! I love my pics ! ~ Post 1 - Award 2 ~ 167,053 photos, 6,794 members
- Nature Outdoor Life<><>Post 1- Award 2 58,188 photos, 3,165 members
- Donauradwanderweg "Danube cycle path" 3,897 photos, 469 members
- Una foto per unire il mondo / One photo to unite the world 92,588 photos, 4,328 members
- Relaxing Landscapes - Post 1 award 5 - 4,051 photos, 762 members
- WORLD WIDE LANDSCAPES [ Invited Photos Only / 1 - Awards4] 14,042 photos, 4,812 members
- NATURE'S ELEGANT SHOTS [ Invitation Only / Post 1 - Award 4 ] 66,772 photos, 11,674 members
- Gods chosen picture (Award!) 13,051 photos, 2,192 members
- Faces of Parkinson's Disease 226 photos, 82 members
- WorldWideWindows 6,241 photos, 349 members
- Super Commented Photos! 370 photos, 421 members
- Geoff's Award Of Total Awesomeness!(Invited Images Only Please) 1,958 photos, 810 members
- FaveMe! Photo Game(CLOSED!) 2,459 photos, 2,280 members
- My Stars! (New rules/New codes) 29,270 photos, 1,011 members
- Türen/Tore/Doors/Portals 59,888 photos, 5,314 members
- The Best of The Blues! 12,659 photos, 1,636 members
cam luv says:
"Bill is a Gentleman and Good Friend.
He also is a great photographer and shares his life and memories in his photos.
He always has a kind word and encourages you.
I have enjoyed having Bill as a contact and hope to share many more years of photos with him.
Keep up the wonderful work Bill.
November 12th, 2009
Greta ~adores~ Pink~~~~ says:
"Bill Barber is such a colorful soul!!
He is very creative at taking pictures, as he is on describing them and as he is on commenting on a photostream!!
He is delightful to have around and I hope this is just the beginning of our flickr road together!!"
November 15th, 2008
"Bill has been a great FLICKR friend and always manages to find time to take a look at my shots and give me his honest opinion. He has a great eye for shots and I enjoy getting his perspective. I am glad to have made his aquaintence here and always look forward to seeing what he posts next."
March 5th, 2008
"Bill has been a wonderful friend, here on Flickr. Always kind and faithful to comment and through his comments, I am able, to better understand, what it is that I'm seeing, when I take a particular shot.
As for his photstream, well, take a look! It's amazing. He is a very talented and creative photographer. Through his photography, we are taken to some incredible places and able to see the beauty through his eyes. Thanks Bill for being such a good friend and sharing your part of the world with us. Everyone on Flickr should be as lucky."
February 1st, 2008
Jimmy - Home now says:
"Bill is a wonderful photographer. He is one of the people that I look up to on Flickr. All his pictures are very well done. Great thoughts and efforts are undertaken. Always a pleasure for me to look at his pictures.
He takes me on his trips, through his beautiful pictures.
Many best wishes,
January 20th, 2008
"Bill is a great photographer and I enjoy his work. I also want to take the time to thank Bill for all his encouragement and kind words. I always look for Bill's comments because he tells more than just "Wonderful, beautiful, etc" he tells what you did right from a professional standpoint and that's exactly what I'm looking for in Flickr. You're the best, Bill!"
January 14th, 2008
"""He is one of my first contacts here on Flickr, a great photographer, his pictures are so beautiful, he is an artist,""
January 9th, 2008
"BILL - Much more than just a flickr contact a FRIEND !"
November 29th, 2007
"very nice photographer.....!"
November 24th, 2007
Gothic Toad says:
"Bill is a great guy - he has become a friend to me through Flickr, and he is always supportive and thoughtful. His photos are superb, too, and I especially love his German pictures, which bring back memories of my days living there. You are an oasis of friendship in the modern word - thanks, Bill : )"
November 17th, 2007
Backroad Drifter says:
"I always enjoy looking through WDW's photo's...His pictrues are not only interesting they are well taken. Food for the eyes."
November 18th, 2007
katcat ©bluerosephoto says:
"wdwbarber, Bill, is a wonderful contact and Flickr friend.
I like how he shows his love for his family and his heritage, though his photgraphs.
His photos show imagination and detail He is fun to talk to.
I like Bill's sense of humor, and his endless capacity for kindness and patience.
I am very happy to be a friend and contact of Bill's.
Thank you, Bill for sharing your part of the world with us and showing interest in mine ! Hugs ! :o)"
September 21st, 2007
"Bill was one of my first contacts on Flickr. He really enjoys his family and all that surrounds him. He is a great contact , friend to have on flickr. I enjoy seeing his work and look forward to seeing many more great photographs. Great work Bill, keep it up!"
August 26th, 2007
"Wdwbarber - All Bills photos have a story to tell and that's really what makes his photos so incredibly interesting and wonderful.
Bills home and home town has literally thousands of photos opportunities, that he takes full advantage of by sharing these lovely images with us...his Flickr friends and contacts.
Take the time to view Bills photos and you'll be inspired."
August 10th, 2007
"You obviously love your family , the colors and lines of the world around us ... you do an incredible job of capturing what you see ... keep up the excellent work and I can't wait to see more"
July 9th, 2007
- Bill Barber
- September 2006
- Orangeville, Ontario.
- Cambridge, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired English Teacher and Museum Curator